Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that's even vaguely true, then I hope to God that we're going to spend big on a top CM if Dembele is outgoing.

I love Dembele. He has a pretty unique skillset of 'I'll dribble past fucking everyone' but if the man doesn't feel that he can do another year of Pochettino's high intensity training and wants one last payday in China then he can go with my blessing.

Personally, I think that should be used as an opportunity to bring in someone with better vision than Dembele who can release the ball quickly and turn us into a faster-attacking side. Holding the ball for too long is the weakest part of Moussa's game - and at the moment our starting XI playing style has to accomodate that.

Lemina, Andre Gomes, Kovacic and Steven N'Zonzi all come to mind. Not sure how much they would all be. Preferably I'd like Lemina or Andre Gomes.

Woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah... What's all this about Dembele leaving to go and play in motherfucking China? I need a source that's better than the back-pages of newspapers before I get a sweat on. I need some ITK shit on this.

Remember how much bullshit gets talked in the sports section. Pinches of salt all round until we get more solid info. Manz would be crazy to go to China at the mo.

Dembele in China... Lol... He'd literally spend days at a time in possesion!

I really would not want Zaha, for reasons previously mentioned. Bailey or Malcom are nice, but we need CMs who can break lines and resist pressing. If Mousa is going then we need at least 2, as we can't assume Winks will ever get back to fitness. Unless we plan to move Eriksen or Lamela deeper to become those CMs, I don't see a need for another AM. We've got quite a few, they seem like they're quite good.

That said, if the plan is moving Erksen/Coco into a KdB style deeper role, and then grabbing Bailey or Malcom as a really pacey wide attacker to join Son and Moura in that role, I'm totally down with that.

Back
Top Bottom