Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In terms of ready made midfielders this Seri at Nice sounds interesting. Have only seen clips myself but given the other clubs going for him seems of the right calibre. Would not sell Dembele though unless it was silly money. Let him run down his contract if needs be. At nearly 33 with his injury record when it expires I reckon the offers might not be so far out of reach for us to get him to extend.

Also don’t think Rose will go - we’d be mad to sell for less than £40M and on current form any potential suitors would be mad to pay it.

Even their football journos are deluded!

In all seriousness though - I’d love us to get those lads in. If only they’d stop scoring before the bloody transfer window.
Between those two, Maddison is well prefered imo. RS can become monster, but he is no new Bale. Most of his goals are tap-ins from him positioning well, but Maddison offers an Eriksen/De Bruyne esque playstyle that we would surely need.

In terms of ready made midfielders this Seri at Nice sounds interesting. Have only seen clips myself but given the other clubs going for him seems of the right calibre. Would not sell Dembele though unless it was silly money. Let him run down his contract if needs be. At nearly 33 with his injury record when it expires I reckon the offers might not be so far out of reach for us to get him to extend.

Also don’t think Rose will go - we’d be mad to sell for less than £40M and on current form any potential suitors would be mad to pay it.

I'm happy with Dembele going providing like you said we get silly money from China or we get a like for like replacement. Easier said than done.

Do you not think United will do a swap deal on Rose for Shaw / Martial?

Last edited:
The best players out of contract: Reina, Robben, Buffon, Can, Ribery, Wilshere

Robben and Ribery out of contract at the end of the season. Someone mentioned we want winning mentalities on board? Even for a season (34 and 35 respectively).

they are looking for free a transfer and mahoosive wages with no resale value, China is where they are heading... The tax on purchases is 100% now so they pay £50m for a player and it costs them £100m up front. They get a player on a free and they save a bomb... This also means a big transfer for Dembele is off the table

The starting XI is gone backward from last season, the left and right backs has to be addressed. Still need a second striker. Wanyama is not where he was last season. Sissoko is no hope. Also stuck with Llorente. Lamela hasn't played as expected and he is a squad player.
Are Toby and Rose leaving?
It is a WC summer plus transfer window closes early will make transfers very hard.

It's fucking hilarious that only after 50 pages, after 1000 posts, now all of a sudden we need new full backs. All because we lost the FA cup.

I'm grateful none of you have any say in how our club is run, because the short sighted nature of the majority of the posters on this forum is fucking incredible given the average age of the posters. I'd expect this from high school kids, not what I'd assume to be well educated adults.

I'm happy with Dembele going providing like you said we get silly money from China or we get a like for like replacement. Easier said than done.

Do you not think United will do a swap deal on Rose for Shaw / Martial?

What would be the respeCtive amounts do you think?

Based on contract length (I had thought it was up this summer)and Jose’s disdain for him, suspect we’d need a good £25m our way in a Shaw swap. Not sure whether he’s right to be first choice for us.

With Martial I can’t see them letting him come to us nor us making him our top earner.

It's fucking hilarious that only after 50 pages, after 1000 posts, now all of a sudden we need new full backs. All because we lost the FA cup.

I'm grateful none of you have any say in how our club is run, because the short sighted nature of the majority of the posters on this forum is fucking incredible given the average age of the posters. I'd expect this from high school kids, not what I'd assume to be well educated adults.
Trippier and Davies wouldn't start for any other top 6 team.
And many of us have been saying they're not good enough all season, not just since Saturday night.
Surely you agree we could/should do better?

Trippier and Davies wouldn't start for any other top 6 team.
And many of us have been saying they're not good enough all season, not just since Saturday night.
Surely you agree we could/should do better?
They'd both start ahead of Alonso and Moses at Chelsea, who are fucking terrible. How Alonso got in the PFA team of the year is absurd. My Chelsea mates want them both gone. All have said they'd take any of Davies, Rose, Trippier or Aurier.

A case could be made for Davies starting at United ahead of Young. And probably ahead of Robertson at Liverpool.

Fabian Delph isn't exactly an elite left back at City either.

Left back is a major issue for near on every side in the League. To say Davies wouldn't get in most others is mad.

They're pretty much all on a similar level, it's just what you prefer in a left back.

I would much prefer the consistency of Ben Davies to Delph, Young, Alonso and Robertson.

EDIT - Oh, and he's definitely better than Nacho Monreal.

Last edited:

Excuse me, why last season’s best left back in the PL not first choice this season? And is he staying at the club next season?
I have further questions but will Wait for the answer of the above two questions.

Excuse me, why last season’s best left back in the PL not first choice this season? And is he staying at the club next season?
I have further questions but will Wait for the answer of the above two questions.

Because Rose got hurt and then when he came back has been shit every opportunity he has been given. Davies has outplayed him all season.

Back
Top Bottom