Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are always right and I am always wrong. Happy!

And yet you continue with the sarcasm. If you don't wish to debate with others, don't engage in debates on forums. You're wasting your time, but perhaps more importantly you're wasting my time. If you wish to continue adding nothing of relevance to the forum, let me know and I can choose to ignore your drivel in future. Until then, stop talking down our players who don't deserve to be made scapegoats for us not winning a fucking cup.

While I somewhat agree, you always need to be improving and adding options, and I would say that we are missing an AM that can turn a game for us. When we struggle, we can look pretty bad and we don't have that option to come on the pitch and turn things around for us. Son is either fairly invisible or the most exciting player on the pitch, Moura still needs to prove himself, and Lamela adds great energy into the side but doesn't really give us that difference we need at times.

Well, you just said "Moura still needs to prove himself" - which is exactly what every other option would have to do as well. Given that Moura was pretty much starter in PSG, then we realistically will not get more high profile player to join us realistically. So maybe we have to take gambles, but gambles have to "prove themselves" even more in some sense... so...

Also I do not think that problem is in AM position.
If we'd have a CM that would have very good vision and also passing range to match the vision, our AMs would receive the ball earlier that would give them more freedom to come up with dangerous solution. Other aspect that would allow it would be to at times take bit more risks and just play more directly as a team (right now we tend to play it even too safe, taking edge out of the attack).

So in my view adding good attacking minded CM and occasionally altering our safe-playing-scheme would be an improvement and new arrivals in this department are in the very tail end of the wishlist.

I prefer Davies as a footballer....but the issue is Walker and Rose were the only orthodox width in the team, and not replacing that has harmed the balance of play. Knowing this, Pochettino should have signed a proper left winger to play ahead of Davies, allowing Ben to keep doing what he’s doing solidly. And the ideal left wing signing to facilitate that would be.......

....this fella.

I’d take Shaw to rotate with Davies, as he’s potentially the best in the country in his role once he escapes Mourinho’s spite.

Bailey is predominately an attacking third player, but can also play the left wing back role - he's a perfect signing for us. Would be an upgrade on Lamela (who I love) and a better prospect in my opinion than Malcom, who we have been heavily linked with...

Here's a little video for anyone interested in tactics and player analysis.

mateo kovacic will do , can also add to the attack more than dembela .

This one has been mooted for a while, what with our 'special relationship' with the Madridistas. Love to see him at NWHL. Great talent, with equal measures of tenacity and class. The lad needs game time as he has been starved of it since he moved from Inter where he was the golden child.

This one has been mooted for a while, what with our 'special relationship' with the Madridistas. Love to see him at NWHL. Great talent, with equal measures of tenacity and class. The lad needs game time as he has been starved of it since he moved from Inter where he was the golden child.

Would love Kovacic, but lets not kid ourselves, the chances of us signing someone from RM are close to zero.
They'd want to sign Kane or Dele in exchange, which is something the club should not countenance for the next 2 seasons.

The fact of the matter is that we need to move some players on first. Squad is packed with players in each position. I would be shocked to see anyone go that we weren’t expecting or even thinking about. So Toby and Rose come to mind. If Dembele goes I will be beyond gutted, Sissoko I won’t be. Lorrente could go. Each will be replaced then you hope that we go for quality that will challenge for positions or give a different option. Personally, i would like a gamble on a flair player that has ability to change a game. Not easy to come by but someone that will commit a defender in the final third. Is Lucas that player but is restricted in the system? We can buy replacements all day possibly even like for like but I also think we should buy a plan B and C from the plan shop.

Can’t say he’s someone I would feel very excited about. Can’t imagine him coming on and turning a game around for us!

This is exactly right. We need someone who can come in and change the game when needed! Llorente isn’t that sort of player, and Rondon is the same. Someone with pace would be perfect as that is a real threat. Callum Wilson or Paco Alcacer would be ideal.

I’d be very happy with Andre Gomes, Ryan Sessengon, Wilson/Alcacer and if Alderweirld does go then Maguire or De Ligt.

Full backs aren’t a necessity but if we are to replace them I’d swap Shaw for Rose.

The fact of the matter is that we need to move some players on first. Squad is packed with players in each position. I would be shocked to see anyone go that we weren’t expecting or even thinking about. So Toby and Rose come to mind. If Dembele goes I will be beyond gutted, Sissoko I won’t be. Lorrente could go. Each will be replaced then you hope that we go for quality that will challenge for positions or give a different option.

...We also largely operate a sell to buy policy.

I think if you consider the mooted names, then it makes for a fairly 'internationally sell-able' list of players so making room and generating a few quid (to add to any trf kitty) shouldn't be an issue...

Rose
Toby
Dembele
Llorente
Sissoko

However, for one reason or another they all look like slow/late window deals to me. Lets hope this doesn't hamper our efforts on the incoming front.

...We also largely operate a sell to buy policy.

I think if you consider the mooted names, then it makes for a fairly 'internationally sell-able' list of players so making room and generating a few quid (to add to any trf kitty) shouldn't be an issue...

Rose
Toby
Dembele
Llorente
Sissoko

However, for one reason or another they all look like slow/late window deals to me. Lets hope this doesn't hamper our efforts on the incoming front.
Neither Llorente or Sissoko looks likely to make their respective world cup squads. So they can probably be moved on early on if they are sold

Neither Llorente or Sissoko looks likely to make their respective world cup squads. So they can probably be moved on early on if they are sold

In the case of those 2 i think its more a case theyll be 2nd or 3rd on a buyers list and likely subject to complex buying chains; thus it may be a waiting game.

Meanwhile, the higher end deals will obv. be held up by the world cup and a shitload of hardball courtesy of our resident bond villain. :levystare:

I think we need to move a hell of a lot earlier than we like to, and sign guys before the end of June. And that means guys not in World Cup squads.

I still think our priority should be 2 CMs, a left back, and a centre back. Then maybe a striker/wide forward.

But if we think we can do some stuff internally, then that could change. Dropping Lamela or Eriksen into central midfield could let us get a wide forward/AM, if Pochettino thinks they could be a better way to replace Dembele.

I don't know if that's what we will do, but to me that makes some sense, as it lets us get the passing/line breaking we need in midfield, with guys who can press, while letting us get more pace in our AMs, which seems like the biggest weakness we have, compared to Liverpool and City.

I think we need to move a hell of a lot earlier than we like to, and sign guys before the end of June. And that means guys not in World Cup squads.

I still think our priority should be 2 CMs, a left back, and a centre back. Then maybe a striker/wide forward.

But if we think we can do some stuff internally, then that could change. Dropping Lamela or Eriksen into central midfield could let us get a wide forward/AM, if Pochettino thinks they could be a better way to replace Dembele.

I don't know if that's what we will do, but to me that makes some sense, as it lets us get the passing/line breaking we need in midfield, with guys who can press, while letting us get more pace in our AMs, which seems like the biggest weakness we have, compared to Liverpool and City.
Poch talked about this before the semi right? That he and Levy were looking to do most of our business before the world cup kicked off in earnest.

Leon Bailey please Leon Bailey please Leon Bailey please Leon Bailey please Leon Bailey please Leon Bailey please LEON BAILEY PLEASE :memelol:
BetterAmazingCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom