Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes....the set of circumstances that suit you perfectly, but make evreyone else a disgrace

How convenient
If you can't objectively see the difference between leaving that City game a few mins early and leaving that Juve game around the 80 min mark when extra-time was always a possibility then I give up. I can get fans leaving early when a result is pretty much dead, but when it's in the balance then I just don't get it and would never leave early myself. Where do you stand on the whole leaving early thing?

If you can't objectively see the difference between leaving that City game a few mins early and leaving that Juve game around the 80 min mark when extra-time was always a possibility then I give up. I can get fans leaving early when a result is pretty much dead, but when it's in the balance then I just don't get it and would never leave early myself. Where do you stand on the whole leaving early thing?

I dont stand anywhere on it, some leave early, some dont, its not my problem. Ive never left early, but I get that people do. I dont agree that people who left yesterday were a disgrace, nor do I think those who left Juve were a disgrace.

I know people who left the Scum 4-4 game early, and it was horrible to see us equalise with about ten people left in the away end. Their loss.

I dont stand anywhere on it, some leave early, some dont, its not my problem. Ive never left early, but I get that people do. I dont agree that people who left yesterday were a disgrace, nor do I think those who left Juve were a disgrace.

I know people who left the Scum 4-4 game early, and it was horrible to see us equalise with about ten people left in the away end. Their loss.
Fair enough. Maybe disgrace for those Juve leavers is too strong a word - it's just something I can't get my head around, leaving when the game/result isn't done, so it frustrates/disappoints me. Equally, I can understand why many left early yesterday so just bristled when some on here said it was shameful and everyone should have masochistically stayed til the bitter end otherwise they weren't real fans.

I have only left early once. It was in October/November 1980. A home match v WBA with Ardiles and Villa playing. We were worse than crap If that is possible and 3-0 down at half time. I gave it 15 more mins and it was no better and left 30 mins before the end. Not to get home early but because I could not face watching it any more. Gary Brooke came on as sub for Villa and inspired a comeback after I left and we lost 2-3. This was around 6 months before our famous FA Cup win over City. There was no way any one watching the WBA match would have forecast that or Villa who was awful against WBA scoring such a winner. Never left early since although have turned TV off in disgust when we were being hammered in the AVB dark days. I am not a ST holder and when I go I want to see the whole match. Not miss the beginning of the 2nd half because I want a drink or miss the end because I want to get ahead of others leaving.
I agree that in the closing stages it was unlikely we would have pulled 2 goals back but if the players had any chance they needed the crowd behind them and all you could see on TV was hundreds of empty seats. That was what the disillusioned Spammers fans did recently but this was not the case here. Sends out the wrong message when done in such large numbers.

I thought the reported situation with Subs was strange. I heard I think on Sky that Llorente had family emergency and the club had to get hold of Sterling to get to Wembley to be sub. Maybe it was because Poch wanted a striker but surely we have more than 18 players at the ground to cover last minute withdrawals. In the past we have had 2 sub GK's because we did not have anyone else. Just sounds unprofessional. Toby was available and yet presumably given day off? He is being paid and could have sat on the bench. Foyth? Did Poch seriously believe there wold be a circumstance where he would use Sterling re the champions?

Agreed, it boils my piss when people criticise those that go, whilst sitting in the comfort of their favourite armchair.. It can be a nightmare for some getting the last train connection home. Evening games at Wembley are difficult for those who live further out.
Then you get people moaning about the atmosphere, nothing is stopping them buying a ticket and showing everyone how it's done.

Totally agree. I expect my parents remained past the final whistle but only because they are in their 70s and aren't in the condition to beat the rush. It's a 2hr+ trip home for them, if they are feeling it and want to leave early then they should be able too.

As a Liverpool fan I think Spurs have been brilliant to watch this season. I watched the City game on TV and thought it was their poorest display of the season. Leaving Son out seemed a strange decision but then again who am I to argue with Pochetino. Harry Kane was invisible as well. Maybe it was just one of those games that every team had during the season.

Bazali Bazali

You know when you disagree with my posts and call me clueless, how does it make you feel when your view is vastly outnumbered by people agreeing with me?

Are they also all clueless cunts?

Or is it that your opinions are not as popular as you would like to believe.

Sammy I don’t regard this forum as a sort of competition as to who gets more likes, smiles or agreements

But some posters do and you are clearly one of them

And you have the temerity to accuse me of posting like a teenager!!

I don’t agree that people vastly outnumber me in my views as opposed to yours but then again I don’t care if they do

If I have an opinion I will express it regardless which is my right as this is a public forum

Just because you now have the backing of the self appointed Forum policeman and a fellow drunk won’t change things

So grow up, keep posting and if I disagree with you then I will say so

But at least I’ll give you credit for explaining why you disagree unlike the likes of Carlos who just gives blanket disagrees without having the guts to explain why

COYS

All I said is that it was a terrible performance . Am I not allowed to say that ? Ok, we were superb yesterday . Defensively solid. There you go, is that better ?

You should have said that Kane was outstanding

Better than lighting blue touch paper on here with some like Sammy

Losing always hurts but I think the last won hurt more due to many detail rwasons like it was the oil city and was after Kanes goal fiasco feat his daughter plus our beloved coach made a wrong decision again starting Lamela instead Son.

But it seemed sense starting Coco to unsettle De Bruyne

What puzzled me was that he didn’t do that and played wide

Kane’s goal or daughter etc were irrelevant imv

You are right, I saw the same at different times. It was like 3 at the back when city had the ball but Dier in the middle when we had the ball.
I think this means we miss Toby. Not even on the bench, he can't be that bad of a footballer .

We all thought he was the ‘Bees Knees’ a few months ago and several of us advocated paying him more

Anyone complaining about the atmosphere last night should tune in to the match taking place at old Trafford just now.
Im sure I just heard two fans discussing their respective Sunday lunches.
Wembley was fucking rocking compared to this shite!

What were they having?
:angryscouser:

Sammy I don’t regard this forum as a sort of competition as to who gets more likes, smiles or agreements

But some posters do and you are clearly one of them

And you have the temerity to accuse me of posting like a teenager!!

I don’t agree that people vastly outnumber me in my views as opposed to yours but then again I don’t care if they do

If I have an opinion I will express it regardless which is my right as this is a public forum

Just because you now have the backing of the self appointed Forum policeman and a fellow drunk won’t change things

So grow up, keep posting and if I disagree with you then I will say so

But at least I’ll give you credit for explaining why you disagree unlike the likes of Carlos who just gives blanket disagrees without having the guts to explain why

COYS

Not interested in anything other than Spurs talk

United, not that they intended, ended up doing the best job it could to subdue Citys title celebration

decent article? or is it another media yapping

Tottenham analysis: Tactics backfire; Lloris lacklustre; Sanchez sinks

Pochettino’s surprising call
This is not the first time we have said it, but Mauricio Pochettino’s desperation to get Erik Lamela into his team is puzzling.

Lamela’s work-rate is impressive and, defensively, he offers more than Heung-min Son. Yet Son has 30 Premier League goals in his career; Lamela just eight.

totmci140418t.jpg

(Getty Images)
Ask the Manchester City defenders - or any defenders, for that matter - whether they would rather mark Lamela or Son, and few would choose to face the South Korean.

Sure enough, Lamela was impressive only in flashes and it was no surprise when he was brought off in the 64th minute, with Son’s arrival greeted by huge cheers from the home supporters.

Back
Top Bottom