Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme, but disappointed by a sloppy and uninspired performance. We were bad rather than City that good.

Need to respond Tuesday and then smash United next weekend.

Not having an absolute melt down at all. Just reacting to a piss poor performance and being concerned and like most of us I care, and I saw enough tonight to realise that all of a sudden the job of getting 3 or 4 still needs doing.

I am not happy to see Spurs 20 odd points behind top spot. I am not happy seeing Spurs fail to do what Liverpool / United could do. This is a team 3 years in the making that, is excellent, but is in danger of not progressing. City are good / great even, but they should absolutely not be running over us at home like that.

But couldn't you say the same about Liverpool and United that failed to win at certain clubs much smaller than City? We don't have to beat Liverpool or United to finish above them now do we? Would it help well yes, but it wouldn't be essential.

City haven't got a sixteen point lead by struggling against the opposition, they have an advantage over all of the PL by spending three quarters of a billion pounds on players and as four times as much as anyone else on contracts.

They should in fairness be running over every team and some.

See all the cunts who've been struggling to find words since we last lost an EPL game are now out in force ... John Thomas ... Justin ... same old shite

and this is about as cuntish as it gets ....

"We've been reliable flat track bullies under Poch but something is missing against the top teams"

Since we last lost to City ... who remember are the EPL champions by a mile ....

Spurs 2 - 0 Utd
Dippers 2 - 2 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 Woolwich
Chelsea 1 - 3 Spurs

What an utter feckwit comment .... one defeat and the trolls all rear their ugly little heads ....
It is weird there is one or two who we don't see in here only when we lose a game. Individual circumstances...

I'll be clear that I don't think our record against top sides is exactly bad. But, I look at our fixtures in the PL this season that we've lost. Five of the six are against other 'top' teams, with maybe Leicester away the only unpredictable result. I think we've done well but it's clear to get better we need to pick up more points against top teams, in order to go from 4th to, say, 2nd. Flat track bullies might have been over-stating it but I think it's obvious where we need to improve - and yes, though I think Poch has worked wonders I do think he could sometimes show a bit more guile during matches, but I am confident he'll do that.

Not on the wind-up btw, genuinely I am open-minded and curious as to what other posters think. I was just very disappointed yesterday and in all honesty I did find our performance underwhelming - if City's forwards had their shooting boots on they could have won 5-1 or 6-1.

I'd rather come on here and be honest than shout and scream at our own players in the stadium as others were doing yesterday and contribute to a toxic atmosphere. When I'm in the stadium I will get behind the team and give them full support. Anyway we are all Spurs fans so let's enjoy the season going forward - starting with Woolwich's current reverse against Newcastle (who nearly scored again).

Good post.

I just thought City were much better and that was a real surprise on the night.

Not because they shouldn't be or aren't but more because of recent results for both clubs.

We just need a bit though in my opinion.

Somebody who can stretch teams and who has that eye for goal and an unspecified type in the middle of the park.

An upgrade at left back? I think maybe just a better combined option than Davies and Rose, who can fcuk off as far as I am concerned.

But perspective is needed.

We are not world beaters and really neither should we be.

The question is what does Pochettino see as key.

Last edited:
I am shocked to read at 3-1 and over 10 mins go, the game was done and dusted and the fans leave the stadium and go home.
I miss WHL, just a reminder 2-1 down against westham and we score twice in 90 plus mins 3-2 win and stadium full.

We left with five mins to go, not long after Sissoko came on for Dele. It was game over at that stage. Is that alright with you?

Usually we stay until the end but not on this occasion.

You pays your money and makes your choice! It doesn't bother me in the slightest what people do. Personally I have never left a game early in my life but that's as much as me being a tight git wanting to get as much value out of my ticket as possible. It did amuse me that sissoko coming on was the cue for a lot of people to head for the exits
A few other opinions on the game:

Was kind of expecting a citeh backlash and not surprised it arrived, yes we were poor for the first 25 minutes but they are a high class outfit and will be worthy champions.

As for Walker I booed his first couple of touches but that is it, I have moved on, he put in some decent performances for us over the years and to be fair he did not particularly celebrate any of their goals or the win. Though I genuinely think he is past his best as a full back!

I thought Poch nailed it with his post match interview, disappointing but we are not quite at their level yet.

I cannot fathom the grief for Trippier on this board. I thought he was class and has learnt/improved so much from the last time we played them.

Looking forward to seeing more of Lucas.

As the squad continues to evolve and improve we are getting close to the stage where the keeper will be the weakest link!!!!

Last edited:
People can seriously fuck off on here criticising fans who left early yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to criticise when fans leave early when a game is in the balance (like those who left during the Juve game = disgrace) but the game last night was done and dusted after the 3rd goal and people had understandably had enough.

My Dad left on around 86 mins last night, he's been going to matches for over 55 years, so how dare some of you melting, fair-weather, johnny-come-lately fucks question his, mine, and many other loyal fans support. Think of the context and circumstances before you make such bollocks sweeping statements.

Agreed, it boils my piss when people criticise those that go, whilst sitting in the comfort of their favourite armchair.. It can be a nightmare for some getting the last train connection home. Evening games at Wembley are difficult for those who live further out.
Then you get people moaning about the atmosphere, nothing is stopping them buying a ticket and showing everyone how it's done.

Losing always hurts but I think the last won hurt more due to many detail rwasons like it was the oil city and was after Kanes goal fiasco feat his daughter plus our beloved coach made a wrong decision again starting Lamela instead Son.
Forget all the detail-Yes losing always hurts but on this occasion, it felt different. Because we have move on so far from where we were just a few years ago and the season we are having , to perform in that manner is disappointing. Taking nothing away form City, they are an excellent side. It was the manner in which we played, thats not us, is it? Maybe the Semi is on the horizon and lets hope unlike Woolwich today we ease up. Chelsea are only 7 behind.

You pays your money and makes your choice! It doesn't bother me in the slightest what people do. Personally I have never left a game early in my life but that's as much as me being a tight git wanting to get as much value out of my ticket as possible. It did amuse me that sissoko coming on was the cue for a lot of people to head for the exits
A few other opinions on the game:

Was kind of expecting a citeh backlash and not surprised it arrived, yes we were poor for the first 25 minutes but they are a high class outfit and will be worthy champions.

As for Walker I booed his first couple of touches but that is it, I have moved on, he put in some decent performances for us over the years and to be fair he did not particularly celebrate any of their goals or the win. Though I genuinely think he is passed his best as a full back!

I thought Poch nailed it with his post match interview, disappointing but we are not quite at their level yet.

I cannot fathom the grief for Trippier on this board. I thought he was class and has learnt/improved so much from the last time we played them.

Looking forward to seeing more of Lucas.

As the squad continues to evolve and improve we are getting close to the stage where the keeper will be the weakest link!!!!

I didn't boo Walker but neither did I applaud when his name was read out. He's an ex-Sheffield United and current Citeh player as far as I'm concerned. In a year or two I reckon he'll be at someone like Everton or Newcastle.

Anyone complaining about the atmosphere last night should tune in to the match taking place at old Trafford just now.
Im sure I just heard two fans discussing their respective Sunday lunches.
Wembley was fucking rocking compared to this shite!

Last edited:
I am shocked to read at 3-1 and over 10 mins go, the game was done and dusted and the fans leave the stadium and go home.
I miss WHL, just a reminder 2-1 down against westham and we score twice in 90 plus mins 3-2 win and stadium full.

It bloody wasn't! Parts of the West Stand Upper were like a ghost town! But yes, fewer left that night than last night!

Anyone complaining about the atmosphere last night should tune in the match taking place at old Trafford just now.
Im sure I just heard two fans discussing their respective Sunday lunches.
Wembley was fucking rocking compared to this shite!
They were more likely discussing Pep's Handicap!

(My first, and last ever Golfing reference!!)

People can seriously fuck off on here criticising fans who left early yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to criticise when fans leave early when a game is in the balance (like those who left during the Juve game = disgrace) but the game last night was done and dusted after the 3rd goal and people had understandably had enough.

My Dad left on around 86 mins last night, he's been going to matches for over 55 years, so how dare some of you melting, fair-weather, johnny-come-lately fucks question his, mine, and many other loyal fans support. Think of the context and circumstances before you make such bollocks sweeping statements.

Not sure what I'm more shocked at, leaving with ONLY 4 mins to go, or your ever so slightly stupid over reaction...

(BTW I stayed till the final whistle)

Not sure what I'm more shocked at, leaving with ONLY 4 mins to go, or your ever so slightly stupid over reaction...

(BTW I stayed till the final whistle)
Good for you. You must be one of them true fans. Call it over-reacting if you like, I say it how I find it. It just pisses me off when I read shit on here that fans should be ashamed of themselves for leaving 10 mins early in that game, and aren't proper supporters.

Good post.

I just thought City were much better and that was a real surprise on the night.

Not because they shouldn't be or aren't but more because of recent results for both clubs.

We just need a bit though in my opinion.

Somebody who can stretch teams and who has that eye for goal and an unspecified type in the middle of the park.

An upgrade at left back? I think maybe just a better combined option than Davies and Rose, eho can fcuk off as far as I am concerned.

But perspective is needed.

We are not world beaters and really neither should we be.

The question is what does Pochettino see as key.

Thanks, appreciate the thoughts.

Can see my earlier comments as a bit OTT - was annoyed! But, seriously, learning to unpick the lock on the big teams in some of these crunch games must be the next step.

You are right, I saw the same at different times. It was like 3 at the back when city had the ball but Dier in the middle when we had the ball.
I think this means we miss Toby. Not even on the bench, he can't be that bad of a footballer .
I think he's gone, so we need to move on. I was just disappointed that we seemed to lack any real fight and that we didn't really give them a game. The highlight of yesterday was high-fiving Micky Hazard before the game!!

Just to be clear, some of the fans that left the Juve game were somones dad who had been going for 55 years......yet you just called them a disgrace.

Dont fall climbing off that fucking high horse of yours

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom