Where do you think we will finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you think we will finish this season

• Total voters
Yes that little run at the end of the month / beginning of Feb is important. Not massively confident as our form against other top four teams is not great. I would say we can realistically expect a point at home against Utd. Nothing at Anfield and of course smash the goons.

However. The teams around us are ALL likely to continue dropping points. The way the pack has been shuffled the last few weeks. Chelsea not scoring. Everyone may be noshing off the scousers this weekend but their keeper and the other shit defenders they haven't replaced WILL cost them more points.

Plus our run in is fairly favourable after week 34

City (H)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)
WBA (A)
Leicester (H)

3rd place is realistic for me.

Couple of thing that i thought interesting.

Woolwich go to Old Trafford third to last game, we could be in a rather uncomfortable position of wanting Woolwich to win because i think they will be well out of it by then. Although Sanchez scoring against them to consigne them to 6th place would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEET

Also Leicester at home last game. They will be rubbing their thighs in anticipation of spoiling our party once again. Need to have top four secured by then.

Last edited:
Probably the toughest season to call. We are hitting such great form and players are really stepping up.

Kane scoring. Son, Dele and Eriksen all playing well and with Alderweireld to come back and Wanyama to get fully fit the we are in a great position.

The hard bit is we are having to rely on teams above us to drop points at the moment. I’m going to say 4th with Chelsea potentially dropping out. But anyone could really. United are slipping as much as Chelsea.

After how bad I was fearing the season at Wembley was going to be (I was a member of the "We'll probably end being mid-table" brigade) I'll be ecstatic with 4th. No reason we can't get 3rd or maybe even at a push second, though.

Despite their slip-up last night, I hope we're not entering a thousand year reich of Man City running away with it every season. If anything is going to kill off football in this country it will be that. I don't want to be Scotland or France!

Difficult one as I think the Chavs may implode as Leicester were by far the better side on Saturday
Conte not happy and Maureen clearly getting to him but fuck the pair of them in my view

I think we will overtake ManUre and hope Stoke can get something out of the game tonight

1st spot gone but my main worry is the Dippers
Really wanted Citeh to snatch a draw yesterday

I’ve voted 4th but wouldn’t be surprised to get 2nd

Woolwich nowhere

:dembelelol:

I could see 2/3/4 as a possibility, 5th if things go against us.

United is more likely than Liverpool to not make top 4, imo. I could see Chelsea slip, too.

Liverpool gives up so many goals as well, that could do them in, still. Wide open race.

Liverpool's 'form' is because they've spent money wisely (this time) on Salah, Van Duck, O-chamberlain for starters - unlike us they identified problem areas. God help us if Harry gets a long injury!

Liverpool's 'form' is because they've spent money wisely (this time) on Salah, Van Duck, O-chamberlain for starters - unlike us they identified problem areas. God help us if Harry gets a long injury!

Unlike us they had gaping holes in their first team. They have maybe one or two players who would make it in to our starting line up, maybe another 1 or 2 who would make it to our bench.

Had they been in our CL group, they'd be out.

I think we'll finish between 2nd and 4th. Our players are really starting to click and we've all seen what they can do when everything is clicking. Wembley is starting to look like it's feeling like home and we're looking good.

The modern sports fans obsession with money spent being a dictator in the success of a clubs season is grating on me though.

I did vote second, however after second thoughts it’s 4th for me. As well as we are playing, to get 2nd it will most likely mean we will have to beat ManU, Man City and Aresnal at Wembley, and Chelsea and Liverpool away, can’t see it.

Yes that little run at the end of the month / beginning of Feb is important. Not massively confident as our form against other top four teams is not great. I would say we can realistically expect a point at home against Utd. Nothing at Anfield and of course smash the goons.

However. The teams around us are ALL likely to continue dropping points. The way the pack has been shuffled the last few weeks. Chelsea not scoring. Everyone may be noshing off the scousers this weekend but their keeper and the other shit defenders they haven't replaced WILL cost them more points.

Plus our run in is fairly favourable after week 34

City (H)
Brighton (A)
Watford (H)
WBA (A)
Leicester (H)

3rd place is realistic for me.

Couple of thing that i thought interesting.

Woolwich go to Old Trafford third to last game, could be in a rather uncomfortable position of wanting Woolwich to win because i think they will be well out if by then. Although Sanchez scoring against them to consigne them to 6th place would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEET

Also Leicester at home last game. They will be rubbing their thighs in anticipation of spoiling our party once again. Need to have top four secured by then.
Another thing...good that we are playing City when they will have already (mathematically) won the league.

Another thing...good that we are playing City when they will have already (mathematically) won the league.

They looked tired against the dippers. I think that result will spur other teams on to have a go against them hopefully. It could have easily been us that won that game the way Liverpool made their goals from forcing mistakes

4th.
Dippers to miss out.
Don’t care who they’ve signed, they are still easily capable of getting turned over because of their erratic defending & comedy goalkeeping.

Back
Top Bottom