Where do you think we will finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you think we will finish this season

• Total voters
With Woolwich selling Sanchez, And Conte making noises about leaving in the summer those are the two teams I see as being most likely to falter.

But a lot depends on the cup football as well.

Head and heart say we can catch Chelsea. United have been grinding out results, Liverpool are as consistent as us. The table doesn’t lie it is ridiculously close again bar city.

Our away form and away games mainly being against teams in the bottom half of the table will be key. They probably won’t park the bus in those games so we should be able to score more on our travels. Well I hope so anyway.

Very tough . Liverpool look very good , Utd will bore their way. Hopefully Chavs will implode . Arse look a mess but they tend to recover but this time it will be to much.
Maybe a quality signing added to the mix would give us that extra impetus with so many big games coming up .
Sometimes you reap what you sow. .

Which position?

Buy a 12th player. Stone me. We can't improve.

As a unit I think we are maybe the best team. What I mean by that it that despite Kane we are the one team out of the top 6 (actually I might include Liverpool) who relies more on the total sum of the parts more than the individual components.

If we had a Hazard, arguably a Pogba, a Sanchez or a De Bruyne I think (open to debate) I think teams would be scared that if they had a 'hot' day what might it mean. The names of the players if not my meaning might be contentious.

What I mean for example is that when we had Bale or way back Gascoigne, team's and players might have gulped at their presence. Now I think it's our collective that is our strength.

So 5th more than likely without a game changer, of which and admittedly there are few and none within our range. The next best thing being we improve our squad.

Last edited:
I agree. Unless we are prepared to make a big money signing capable of giving us that extra push I don't think we're gonna quite catch the teams above us unfortunately.
Doesn't necessarily have to be "big money" but I think we need 1 extra body in that AM/Wide forward rotation.
Meyer or Brandt I wouldn't mind punting on in the summer but for now Stump up the 27m and get Lucas from PSG.

Would offer as much as Mahrez in that RW role but far less coin would be required to buy.

Buy a 12th player. Stone me. We can't improve.

As a unit I think we are maybe the best team. What I mean by that it that despite Kane we are the one team out of the top 6 (actually I might include Liverpool) who relies more on the total sum of the parts more than the individual components.

If we had a Hazard, arguably a Pogba, a Sanchez or a De Bruyne I think (open to debate) I think teams would be scared that if they had a 'hot' day what might it mean. The names of the players if not my meaning might be contentious.

What I mean for example is that when we had Bale or way back Gascoigne, team's and players might have gulped at their presence. Now I think it's our collective that is our strength.

So 5th more than likely without a game changer, of which and admittedly there are few and none within our range. The next best thing being we improve our squad.

Are you aware that Son had more goals+assists per minute than any one of Pogba, de Bruyne, Sanchez and Hazard last season? This season, if I'm not mistaken, he is ahead of all of them bar Pogba.

It's worth noting that Son had a poor start of the season after being injured all summer, and that Pogba has racked up a bunch of assists lately from quite simple midfield passes to players who has gone on to dribble a few opponents before curling the ball into the corner.

Son is more of a game changer and threat than any one of the ones you mentioned.

I think there is a bit of over focus here, the type of games I would keep an eye on is our game at Southampton, the potential banana skins... So these kind of games could be key :

Burnley v United
Swansea v Liverpool
Chelsea v Bournemouth
Liverpool v West Ham
Palace v Spurs
Palace v United
Bournemouth v Spurs
Chelsea v Palace

These types of games all have the '2 points dropped' potential and complacency can easily catch up with any of us in the chasing pack.

I think there is a bit of over focus here, the type of games I would keep an eye on is our game at Southampton, the potential banana skins... So these kind of games could be key :

Burnley v United
Swansea v Liverpool
Chelsea v Bournemouth
Liverpool v West Ham
Palace v Spurs
Palace v United
Bournemouth v Spurs
Chelsea v Palace

These types of games all have the '2 points dropped' potential and complacency can easily catch up with any of us in the chasing pack.

I think as someone mentioned before we have been guilty of dropping two points at home too often this season.

At the time the general consensus is yeah shit happens but the reality is those type of points are the difference between 2nd and 6th at the end of the season.
More so than the games against the other top 6.
Can’t afford too many slip ups on the run in as we slipped a lot the first few months.

Honestly don't know at this point. I had written our chances off for this season and was prepared to just enjoy being at Wembley in spite of the results and get 6th. Nervously hoping for more CL games next year.

We’re currently 3 points behind 3rd, and 6 behind 2nd. Goal difference is close enough for it to work in our favour also.

With a third of the season to go there’s no reason why we can’t finish top 4 with the current squad we have. Bringing in a £50m “big money signing”?will make little to fuck all difference.

Let me preface this by saying that I am all for improving our squad when and where possible but - Fuck me, some of you cunts would think the grass was greener if the Sahara desert was on the other side of your fence. God, spare me if I have to listen to someone talk any further about DeBruyne, Hazard, Pogba and Sanchez. These players are (by and large) the best players at 3 of the highest calibre clubs in the world (fuck them by the way). My point is that you can't just say "we need someone like X player from our rivals". That is simple minded, pitiful, transparent thinking that all points to an "I want it all" mindset. It's unrealistic and ultimately, stupid.

Do you not realise we have Harry Kane? The player that outscored Messi, Ronaldo and every other cunt kicking a ball toward a net, in Europe this last year? Do you not think that he is the type of player that instills fear in the opposition? In addition to that we have one of the youngest and hottest properties in Dele, the hardworking and on fire Son, Christian Eriksen (who, for some reason is STILL unbelievably underrated) and that is just the front four... Half of Europe's elite would beg for a defender of Jan Vertonghen's quality... and, GET THIS - he plays alongside Toby Alderweireld! Think about that.

I am already sick of typing, and I haven't even got addressed the centre of the park. Plagued by injury, yes - But Dier, Winks, Wanyama and Dembele are decent options, I would think, in anyone's book.

Long story short is that: you must have mashed banana for brains if you think that our squad (or large pieces of it) aren't the envy of the rest of the league. You're right, it's "notabadsquad" it's a pretty fucking good one.

Daily Mail just done an article predicting top 4 and as all experts seem to do go for the 4 teams already in that position. If we were 4th which we could have been if City had won Sunday they probably would have included us. personally I have no idea as it will be close and teams knocked out early of cup competitions will benefit. Think we are benefiting at present at not having to play league cup semi finals.

Back
Top Bottom