Where do you think we will finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you think we will finish this season

• Total voters
23 games gone, 3 points off top 4. I think we are definitely good enough to finish in the top 4 but it is hard to see who will miss out. So where will we finish?

Tough call .... teams involvement in the later stages of the CL will make a big difference .... City have walked the EPL so they can focus on the CL and still pick up enough wins to be champions .... Utd will focus on the CL and should have enough to get pass Sevilla, Chelsea will try but Barca will almost certainly take them out, so unless they implode it will be just EPL and FA Cup for them .... Dippers should get past Porto so they might struggle with squad depth ... Woolwich are just shit and it would be a huge surprise if they could get their act together, they may well focus 100% on the EL as Utd did last year ...

As for us .... Juve is tough, beat them and we will be massively stretched with EPL / CL / FA but that's what being a top side is all about ...

Man Utd - Liverpool - Woolwich - Juve ..... that run will tell us a hell of a lot ......

Too close to call, anywhere between 2nd and 5th - the same is true of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. Only Man City 1st and Woolwich 6th are certainties.

Think we go against Pool for the 3rd spot. Manchester United will finish second.
Hopefully the chavs end fifth and miss out on UCL football again. Woolwich will end sixth.

I think City will be top, United second, and it'll be a scrap for places 3-5. I feel like Chelsea could be set to implode with Conte leaving at the end of the season (right?) but nothing is guaranteed. Liverpool don't look like they will crumble anytime soon. We'll really have to earn it this season, and we'll need to do it by beating Liverpool and Chelsea, something we've not been great at recently...

Beating teams as Everton is always a relief because these are the games you pick points to stay in the running. Its the games against the top 4 we need to pull out big performances, especially away form home. We need to juggle CL as well.. Other teams, who seem to get easier ties, seem to manage much better than us. We can't drop points around CL games and with not getting away results against the top 4, we will struggle to get amongst them.

City and Utd are 1st and 2nd-that will not change.
Chelsea wil fight with Liverpool for 3rd so one has to drop to 4th. If we want to get amongst them, we will need to beat these teams when we play them. Be consistent with our results and not allow the CL to derail our season.
You can see Liverpool improving, so I guess its Chelsea we need to catch for 4th.

The other lot will go on one of their runs sometime soon, they always seem to string 6-7 wins in a row just when they need it.

Final game of the season could decide 2nd to 6th.

Not a fan of fourth at all, Young Boys first leg still haunts me. We need at least third and I think we'll do it.
We were an incredibly different side then compared to now - none of the players that played that night are at the club now. We are miles above the side we were then. Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto, Giovani, Palacios, Modric, Bale, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe.

Back
Top Bottom