Where do you think we will finish?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you think we will finish this season

• Total voters
Let me preface this by saying that I am all for improving our squad when and where possible but - Fuck me, some of you cunts would think the grass was greener if the Sahara desert was on the other side of your fence. God, spare me if I have to listen to someone talk any further about DeBruyne, Hazard, Pogba and Sanchez. These players are (by and large) the best players at 3 of the highest calibre clubs in the world (fuck them by the way). My point is that you can't just say "we need someone like X player from our rivals". That is simple minded, pitiful, transparent thinking that all points to an "I want it all" mindset. It's unrealistic and ultimately, stupid.

Do you not realise we have Harry Kane? The player that outscored Messi, Ronaldo and every other cunt kicking a ball toward a net, in Europe this last year? Do you not think that he is the type of player that instills fear in the opposition? In addition to that we have one of the youngest and hottest properties in Dele, the hardworking and on fire Son, Christian Eriksen (who, for some reason is STILL unbelievably underrated) and that is just the front four... Half of Europe's elite would beg for a defender of Jan Vertonghen's quality... and, GET THIS - he plays alongside Toby Alderweireld! Think about that.

I am already sick of typing, and I haven't even got addressed the centre of the park. Plagued by injury, yes - But Dier, Winks, Wanyama and Dembele are decent options, I would think, in anyone's book.

Long story short is that: you must have mashed banana for brains if you think that our squad (or large pieces of it) aren't the envy of the rest of the league. You're right, it's "notabadsquad" it's a pretty fucking good one.

Buy a 12th player. Stone me. We can't improve.

As a unit I think we are maybe the best team. What I mean by that it that despite Kane we are the one team out of the top 6 (actually I might include Liverpool) who relies more on the total sum of the parts more than the individual components.

If we had a Hazard, arguably a Pogba, a Sanchez or a De Bruyne I think (open to debate) I think teams would be scared that if they had a 'hot' day what might it mean. The names of the players if not my meaning might be contentious.

What I mean for example is that when we had Bale or way back Gascoigne, team's and players might have gulped at their presence. Now I think it's our collective that is our strength.

So 5th more than likely without a game changer, of which and admittedly there are few and none within our range. The next best thing being we improve our squad.

Are you aware that Son had more goals+assists per minute than any one of Pogba, de Bruyne, Sanchez and Hazard last season? This season, if I'm not mistaken, he is ahead of all of them bar Pogba.

It's worth noting that Son had a poor start of the season after being injured all summer, and that Pogba has racked up a bunch of assists lately from quite simple midfield passes to players who has gone on to dribble a few opponents before curling the ball into the corner.

Son is more of a game changer and threat than any one of the ones you mentioned.

Liverpool's 'form' is because they've spent money wisely (this time) on Salah, Van Duck, O-chamberlain for starters - unlike us they identified problem areas. God help us if Harry gets a long injury!

Unlike us they had gaping holes in their first team. They have maybe one or two players who would make it in to our starting line up, maybe another 1 or 2 who would make it to our bench.

Had they been in our CL group, they'd be out.

We’re currently 3 points behind 3rd, and 6 behind 2nd. Goal difference is close enough for it to work in our favour also.

With a third of the season to go there’s no reason why we can’t finish top 4 with the current squad we have. Bringing in a £50m “big money signing”?will make little to fuck all difference.

I think City will be top, United second, and it'll be a scrap for places 3-5. I feel like Chelsea could be set to implode with Conte leaving at the end of the season (right?) but nothing is guaranteed. Liverpool don't look like they will crumble anytime soon. We'll really have to earn it this season, and we'll need to do it by beating Liverpool and Chelsea, something we've not been great at recently...

Probably the toughest season to call. We are hitting such great form and players are really stepping up.

Kane scoring. Son, Dele and Eriksen all playing well and with Alderweireld to come back and Wanyama to get fully fit the we are in a great position.

The hard bit is we are having to rely on teams above us to drop points at the moment. I’m going to say 4th with Chelsea potentially dropping out. But anyone could really. United are slipping as much as Chelsea.

Recent performances make me optimistic that we will make top 4, because whether we like it or not, champions league is the place to be. But we need to keep up the effort and not take it for granted as it only takes a couple of dodgy games and we could end up in 6th, margins are that tight. As 4th doesn't involve a qualifying round, I'm pretty relaxed whether we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Tough call .... teams involvement in the later stages of the CL will make a big difference .... City have walked the EPL so they can focus on the CL and still pick up enough wins to be champions .... Utd will focus on the CL and should have enough to get pass Sevilla, Chelsea will try but Barca will almost certainly take them out, so unless they implode it will be just EPL and FA Cup for them .... Dippers should get past Porto so they might struggle with squad depth ... Woolwich are just shit and it would be a huge surprise if they could get their act together, they may well focus 100% on the EL as Utd did last year ...

As for us .... Juve is tough, beat them and we will be massively stretched with EPL / CL / FA but that's what being a top side is all about ...

Man Utd - Liverpool - Woolwich - Juve ..... that run will tell us a hell of a lot ......

Too close to call, anywhere between 2nd and 5th - the same is true of Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. Only Man City 1st and Woolwich 6th are certainties.

I think there is a bit of over focus here, the type of games I would keep an eye on is our game at Southampton, the potential banana skins... So these kind of games could be key :

Burnley v United
Swansea v Liverpool
Chelsea v Bournemouth
Liverpool v West Ham
Palace v Spurs
Palace v United
Bournemouth v Spurs
Chelsea v Palace

These types of games all have the '2 points dropped' potential and complacency can easily catch up with any of us in the chasing pack.

Having thought about it, I can't see anything but relegation for us.

We are just 24 points off of relegation and stoke looked amazing last night.

With the best striker in the world I just can't see how we are gonna score any goals.

Back
Top Bottom