Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Believe me I was fucking angry. I hate losing at anything and it’s even worse when it’s out of my control, but taking it out on other Spurs fans? Nah, I don’t see how that helps. Please stop implying you’re a better fan than the rest of us - you’re not.
Bullshit. Your trying to twist my fucking words. I'll say it now. I am NOT a better fan than you or anyone else. My whole argument has always been that those of us who are labelled melts, are not LESS fan worthy than those of you throwing the fucking insult.

Bullshit. Your trying to twist my fucking words. I'll say it now. I am NOT a better fan than you or anyone else. My whole argument has always been that those of us who are labelled melts, are not LESS fan worthy than those of you throwing the fucking insult.
I’m sorry, but I didn’t see that argument. What I saw was the melts accusing others of having a loser’s mentality, which most definitely is bullshit. When have I called you, or anyone a bad fan? An annoying poster (at times) I admit, but not inferior to anyone else as a fan.

Last edited:
Yeah. Try me best.
In the context of the discussion being had, some of us were debating wether it's fair to label one who melts after a defeat less fan-worthy than one who just takes a loss on the chin and moves on. Man Utd fans were then brought in to the discussion. Probably among the biggest melts ,most would probably agree.
Now, although their league position since Sir Alex's departure has been below their expected standard, the fans on the whole fail to accept defeat with any grace. It's because they have built up a winning mentality that they refuse to accept anything less than victory. This whole ethos runs through the club, and will no doubt ultimately lead them back to more success in the future. If, on the other hand, as a fan base you accept defeat or below par performance without any anger or frustration it will only lead to an acceptance of being second best by the club itself. Apathy breeds apathy. Demand 100% and you may get 95. Demand 80% and you probably only get 60. We havent won much in recent decades despite being one of the biggest clubs in the country. And I don't think it helps when we're just happy to shrug off defeats like yesterday in this carefree manner. Or the 3-2 capitulation against West ham as anything less than the disgrace that it was. Just my opinion. Which you asked me to give
First of all, what utter bollocks.

Secondly, what do you want me (and others) to do about it? Because telling me how unacceptable and what a disgrace everything is means absolutely fuck all to me. If you are serious about how this mentality of your fandom is about breading a mentality that will push the club forward by screaming and raging (LOL) then write to Poch. He is that man you have a problem with, he is the man that is responsible for not providing the team with the winning mentality you crave. Every single thing your are crying about is his responsibility.

Thirdly, I don't think you've been to Old Trafford in the last 5yrs or so have you? If you had you will know it's a fucking morgue, no-one is screaming, no-one is demanding anything. I think you've spent too much time online watching Woolwich Fan TV thinking that is how a fan should be. When most of us laugh our heads of at them being absolute cunts. If DT is the fan you aspire to be, then congratulations you have reached your nirvana.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry at a result, but a) Make sure it's in context with the performance b) you don't half spout a lot of shit, the sort of shit that gets turned into memes from rival fans, you know the fans I'm talking about, we all laugh at them when the fans with "winning mentality" show their faces on twitter or youtube, take a look in the mirror, there is no difference between them and you.

this will be the cup we win this season
th
To everyone on here ...
200.gif

First of all, what utter bollocks.

Secondly, what do you want me (and others) to do about it? Because telling me how unacceptable and what a disgrace everything is means absolutely fuck all to me. If you are serious about how this mentality of your fandom is about breading a mentality that will push the club forward by screaming and raging (LOL) then write to Poch. He is that man you have a problem with, he is the man that is responsible for not providing the team with the winning mentality you crave. Every single thing your are crying about is his responsibility.

Thirdly, I don't think you've been to Old Trafford in the last 5yrs or so have you? If you had you will know it's a fucking morgue, no-one is screaming, no-one is demanding anything. I think you've spent too much time online watching Woolwich Fan TV thinking that is how a fan should be. When most of us laugh our heads of at them being absolute cunts. If DT is the fan you aspire to be, then congratulations you have reached your nirvana.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry at a result, but a) Make sure it's in context with the performance b) you don't half spout a lot of shit, the sort of shit that gets turned into memes from rival fans, you know the fans I'm talking about, we all laugh at them when the fans with "winning mentality" show their faces on twitter or youtube, take a look in the mirror, there is no difference between them and you.
So you disagree then?

Champions Real Madrid suffered an embarrassing defeat at La Liga first-timers Girona and are now eight points behind league leaders Barcelona.

Life at the top ah?

Don't know what they were expecting.
Clearly Zindane does not have a "winning mentality".
The club have no "ambition" and refuses to invest in "world class" players.
All proving that they are not a "big" club.

Apologies if any subjective buzzwords have been missed.

Don't know what they were expecting.
Clearly Zindane does not have a "winning mentality".
The club have no "ambition" and refuses to invest in "world class" players.
All proving that they are not a "big" club.

Apologies if any subjective buzzwords have been missed.

Come on mate don't be silly. We don't compare to Real Madrid in any way.

We actually would like an Woolwich you know what next weekend.
Let's cross that bridge next weekend...
WE need to win first before trawling our conscience about the quandary of wanting THEM to do anything other than always lose spectacularly!

...but yes, I get your point.

Back
Top Bottom