Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty much every result went against us today.
Luckily for us, Sky have already decided their preferred Top 4 as they all seem to be 'randomly' playing eachother next (Super Sky) Sunday...
So at least two or more of Utd, Chelsea City or Arse WILL drop points...
We just need to make sure we're in a position to take advantage against Palace first up!

Debunked? I think not.

Did we get more points away from home against the top 6 sides than Chelsea, the one team who finished above us?

I genuinely do not know but I cannot remember us winning at any of their grounds.
I’ve conceded that we are poor away against the top 6. FOK FOK proved that Chelsea were shit away at the top sides, and the most successful - Liverpool couldn’t beat anyone else.

Stop moving the goalposts because you’ve been proved to be wrong. You should check your facts before pontificating on here - it’s almost like you have an agenda.

I’m going out now to try to enjoy a Saturday night. I wish you good evening.

Luckily for us, Sky have already decided their preferred Top 4 as they all seem to be 'randomly' playing eachother next (Super Sky) Sunday...
We just need to make sure we're in a position to take advantage against Palace first up!

Correct and weeks like this will occur.

We actually would like an Woolwich you know what next weekend.

I’ve conceded that we are poor away against the top 6. FOK FOK proved that Chelsea were shit away at the top sides, and the most successful - Liverpool couldn’t beat anyone else.

Stop moving the goalposts because you’ve been proved to be wrong. You should check your facts before pontificating on here - it’s almost like you have an agenda.

I’m going out now to try to enjoy a Saturday night. I wish you good evening.
And you sir.

At least you stay respectful.

Until the next time.

They should have done better thsn 4th but clearly there is a benefit in prevailing against your direct opponents.

...Certainly none that you have proven. lol

You shouldn't be too bemused at Liverpools 4th... No secret they pissed a shitload of points away against the dregs. Conversely, we smashed em all and finished 2nd.

The plot thickens.

Bad day so far for us.

Until we find a way to not lose ground when we play the top 5/6, at their grounds in particular we will not be good enough or strong enough.

City are doing what Chelsea and Leicester did. It is nigh on impossible to compete against and demands near pefection to even stay close.

Today, like so often we were good. The nonsense about ambition is just that. Fine margins of course but they fall on the wrong side at the wrong times to be more than just coincidence or bad luck.

Not sure what the solution is.

We were good lol, we created 1 decent chance in 90 mins, we were far from good.

Shame the truth is not allowed in this place without a volley of disagrees.

We get to the end of November in the top four we have a very winnable run of games until late January.

Fuck off with your martyrdom. You don't get disagrees for the truth, but for your melted subjective alternative version of the truth.

Were we good? No.

Does that mean we always fail when we're in a good spot, that our transfer window was a shambles, that Poch got it all wrong, or that we're a one-man team or any other fucking nonsense? No!

We are lacking some key personnel due to injuries (Kane, Wanyama, Dembele (I know he came on as a sub)), have a couple that haven't properly recovered from periods of illness (Eriksen, Davies), have a couple that haven't quite found their top form yet (Alli, Son). We had 24 hours less to recover and prepare for the game from the league cup. We have had fixtures against RM and Dortmund in the CL, while they've met very easy opponents. We've had reasonably tough schedule in the PL, while they've mostly just had very easy games. They field their strongest team apart from Drogba.

Yet we run the game for a significant majority of the first half, the second being more even. We have a huge chance to make it 0-1 minutes before they score, and have a goal disallowed seconds before they score.

We lose 1-0 away at Old Trafford, against a cynical, long-ball playing, billions-of-pounds paying, Manchester United. We weren't great, we've had a harder run up to the game, we have more problems with injuries, yet we were at least on par.

It's not a disaster.

Fuck off with your martyrdom. You don't get disagrees for the truth, but for your melted subjective alternative version of the truth.

Were we good? No.

Does that mean we always fail when we're in a good spot, that our transfer window was a shambles, that Poch got it all wrong, or that we're a one-man team or any other fucking nonsense? No!

We are lacking some key personnel due to injuries (Kane, Wanyama, Dembele (I know he came on as a sub)), have a couple that haven't properly recovered from periods of illness (Eriksen, Davies), have a couple that haven't quite found their top form yet (Alli, Son). We had 24 hours less to recover and prepare for the game from the league cup. We have had fixtures against RM and Dortmund in the CL, while they've met very easy opponents. We've had reasonably tough schedule in the PL, while they've mostly just had very easy games. They field their strongest team apart from Drogba.

Yet we run the game for a significant majority of the first half, the second being more even. We have a huge chance to make it 0-1 minutes before they score, and have a goal disallowed seconds before they score.

We lose 1-0 away at Old Trafford, against a cynical, long-ball playing, billions-of-pounds paying, Manchester United. We weren't great, we've had a harder run up to the game, we have more problems with injuries, yet we were at least on par.

It's not a disaster.

Not read all your post.
But ditto with the fuck off anyway :allitongue:

I'm not not going to trawl this thread because life's too short, so apologies to the posters who made sensible remarks. I thought we were more than ok in the first half but struggled to get into our groove in the second. We held our own though and unlucky not to come away with a point. Top level football is all about fine margins and we missed out this time. What annoyed me was when the caption came up on the screen regarding what team had scored most goals in the last 10 minutes - 30 seconds later they scored! !!!!! Aaarrggghhh

Last week v Liverpool I was at the match and didn't even visit this place until the following day. Anyway, I've openly said I have more urge to vent my frustrations on here than share my happiness. That's why I'm more prominent after a loss probably. At least I'm honest about that.
At least you are honest about it.

I tend to avoid after a defeat as I find the soul searching and infighting too depressing.....come to think of it what am I doing here now!

I don't think we can run Son as the lone striker against good defenses. It almost seemed like we were playing with 10 as we had no constant source up top. It seemed like Son wanted to stay on the wing and the only offense was through a MF making a run.

We can't run this against RM. A similar formation as last week with Son and LLorente up top would work better. Son needs someone to play him into space rather than create that space for himself, especially when they were running 3 atb.

59d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom