Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ShutUpPatrik

Supporter
Not sure if toxic positivity, or positively toxic?
Didn't see a match thread for this so figured I'd make one.

If there already is one just merge mine into it please.

Time for a bounce back after the cup game.

Pretty much expecting a win here. I mean, that's why we were so laid back and arrogant against West Ham, right? Because we are too good for the league cup and had our sights set on beating United with ease at Old Trafford.

I mean Poch won't want us knocked out of yet another trophy AND potentially 8 points off top now would he?

Last edited:
[formation=3421, Lloris, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation] team picks itself imo

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Aurier Winks Eriksen Alli Rose -
- Kane Son -
Same formation that beat Liverpool. Winks has been class and I wouldn’t want to stop his confidence. Rose offers more going forward and can push their winger back.

I think Dele is better from a CM position, and Eriksen can dictate play from there as well.

- Lloris -
- Kane Son -
Same formation that beat Liverpool. Winks has been class and I wouldn’t want to stop his confidence. Rose offers more going forward and can push their winger back.

I think Dele is better from a CM position, and Eriksen can dictate play from there as well.

Davies has been the best left back in the league by a mile, and you want a fat traitor in his place who's played 90 minutes in one game since January, said game being played some 60 hours before the match against United, a game wherein the fat traitor was poor at best.

What.the.fuck!?

How do they get away with this shit? United given the easiest start to the Premier League imagineable, and now they meet us early Saturday after we played the latest league cup game of the round, late Wednesday while they played on Tuesday.

I'm normally not one to believe in conspiracies, but this shit is so rigged. I fucking hate the cheating cunts.

We'll still win though.

Last edited:
---------------------------Lloris-------------------------
-----Alderweireld---Sanchez---Vertonghen-----
Aurier-----------Dier-------Dembele--------Davies
-----------------Eriksen-------Dele--------------------
---------------------------Kane--------------------------

Head: 1-1
Heart: 2-1

Think Mourinho will set his side up much like he did against Liverpool. Dembele loves United so must start. Harsh on Winksy, but the perks of the squad.

---------------------------Lloris-------------------------
-----Alderweireld---Sanchez---Vertonghen-----
Aurier-----------Dier-------Dembele--------Davies
-----------------Eriksen-------Dele--------------------
---------------------------Kane--------------------------

Head: 1-1
Heart: 2-1

Think Mourinho will set his side up much like he did against Liverpool. Dembele loves United so must start. Harsh on Winksy, but the perks of the squad.
Heart Heart Heart........

Davies has been the best left back in the league by a mile, and you want a fat traitor in his place who's played 90 minutes in one game since January, said game being played some 60 hours before the match against United, a game wherein the fat traitor was poor at best.

What.the.fuck!?

giphy.gif

Trippier playing in the week should guarantee Aurier a start at right wing back. Davies back in at left wing back with Vertonghen and Sanchez coming back in.

Winks getting a 90 minute rest should see him starting in the middle. Hopefully alongside Alli and Eriksen again. They have zero midfield to be worried about. Im pretty sure Fellini, Pogba and Carrick are all out so that's atleast 2 players who can control a game out.

Son and Kane up top. If not, wouldn't be against Llorente for Son and giving them something different to deal with. I don't care who they have in defence, Mourinho is the bus parking master. He had Rojo mark Kane out of the game at OT last season.

Interesting dynamic this.

What I hope:

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Aurier - Eriksen - Winks - Alli - Davies
Son
Kane​

- Lloris -
- Kane Son -

Don't think this would work v Man Utd. Mourinho will be setting his team up to frustrate us. Nice and defensive and hope they nick it 1-0 trough a set piece. They won't be playing so high up the pitch, so Son's pace would be nullified.

Think we should start Dembele ahead of Son and push Alli up a little further again. Also we need Eriksen far up the pitch to create chances in and around the box. If we go 1-0 up, then we can bring Son on and try and pick them out on the counter.

Back
Top Bottom