Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this will be the cup we win this season
th

Im fucking livid...
I don't know were else to do this other than, going outside my front door and shouting out loud.
I FUCKING HATE José Mourinho AND EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR. HATE HIM WITH EVERY BREATH I TAKE!!
200.gif

I feel better now......and calm.

Maybe all those that want to be “realistic” and “tell it like it is” without fear of neg reps from all the happy clappers could create their own forum, where they can be down on Spurs to their hearts content. They could call it “The Limp Cock” or something like that.
Or a forum for the opposite called "we suck our own cock".
That would only leave this site with the 5 balanced forum members left over.

I don't get peoples' surprise that on a Tottenham forum people get upset about people ripping the shit out of Tottenham. If you went on a Man U forum and said they were a bunch of bottlers and spineless, do you think your comments would be warmly received?
To be fair, plenty will act surprised when the same people do it next time we lose.
Also, I think they might not care what strangers on the internet think so are surprised that others do.

I'm not saying it's a good or a bad thing. I'm just pointing out that the idea that this is the only forum where some fans melt after a defeat is laughable bullshit. And the melting on here is very mild compared to the Man Utd forums, which England's Number1 England's Number1 was using as his example
I think he went to a school where you get a participation medal for finishing last in your race on sports day.
As you say, all teams have fans who melt after a loss. Strange to pretend its just ours.

Im fucking livid...
I don't know were else to do this other than, going outside my front door and shouting out loud.
I FUCKING HATE José Mourinho AND EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR. HATE HIM WITH EVERY BREATH I TAKE!!
200.gif

I feel better now......and calm.
If he became our boss I would stop being a Spurs fan.

We needed Dele on better form and Llorente failed to make an impact. Son did well but he is not an out and out striker, he needs to play others in and Manchester United largely managed our threat.

The sort of service Llorente got would have been perfect had Defoe been playing. Why the fuck we brought him i simply do not know because whenever he has come on we have not played to his strengths at all.

Another fucking Sissoko last minute, deadline day, tax write off signing of the stupidest order, likely to be as effective as Soldado.

Flame away my chums.

I think he went to a school where you get a participation medal for finishing last in your race on sports day.

As has been explained, whining after a defeat doesn’t make you a winner. I’m astonished that you think that. If you take any group of people when faced with a bit of adversity you will find that the moaners and carpers are swiftly avoided by the rest of the group and people will look to those who seek to find solutions to the problem and stay positive. You’re incorrect to describe yourself as balanced - you’re not - and you’re basically arguing against human nature. Nobody admires moaners. Have you not discovered this in real life? At work?

I don’t see how bitching and moaning about every setback is a winners mentality. To take golf as an example, the real winners are the players who take a dropped shot in their stride, they don’t dwell on it, they don’t let it eat them up. They know they’re going to drop shots (lose games) and accept it as part of the game. It’s how you react to adversity that makes you a winner.

Try telling that to Van Der Velde....

Id prefer to call it a winners mentality.
Oh, and by the way, I have never once labelled us the biggest club in England
Can you please explain what the role of a fan with a winning mentality has against say a fan that doesn't have a winning mentality. It would also be very interesting to know how this winning mentality in any way is relevant to winning or losing a game of football.

Thanks.

Can you please explain what the role of a fan with a winning mentality has against say a fan that doesn't have a winning mentality. It would also be very interesting to know how this winning mentality in any way is relevant to winning or losing a game of football.

Thanks.
It's like this:
The fans who seem to think they have winning mentalities say fuck all when we are winning.
They crawl out from under their rocks after defeats.

Figure that one out of you can

The sort of service Llorente got would have been perfect had Defoe been playing. Why the fuck we brought him i simply do not know because whenever he has come on we have not played to his strengths at all.

Another fucking Sissoko last minute, deadline day, tax write off signing of the stupidest order, likely to be as effective as Soldado.

Flame away my chums.
Defoe has been pony for a number of years mate. He was hooked off at half-time yesterday having only touched the ball 8 times, his closet touch to goal was 30yrds out, 5 more touches were between 40-60yrds out of which he lost the ball 4 times, his final two touches were inside his own half, one from the KO.

Thanks.
Yeah. Try me best.
In the context of the discussion being had, some of us were debating wether it's fair to label one who melts after a defeat less fan-worthy than one who just takes a loss on the chin and moves on. Man Utd fans were then brought in to the discussion. Probably among the biggest melts ,most would probably agree.
Now, although their league position since Sir Alex's departure has been below their expected standard, the fans on the whole fail to accept defeat with any grace. It's because they have built up a winning mentality that they refuse to accept anything less than victory. This whole ethos runs through the club, and will no doubt ultimately lead them back to more success in the future. If, on the other hand, as a fan base you accept defeat or below par performance without any anger or frustration it will only lead to an acceptance of being second best by the club itself. Apathy breeds apathy. Demand 100% and you may get 95. Demand 80% and you probably only get 60. We havent won much in recent decades despite being one of the biggest clubs in the country. And I don't think it helps when we're just happy to shrug off defeats like yesterday in this carefree manner. Or the 3-2 capitulation against West ham as anything less than the disgrace that it was. Just my opinion. Which you asked me to give

without any anger or frustration it will only lead to an acceptance of being second best by the club itself.

Believe me I was fucking angry. I hate losing at anything and it’s even worse when it’s out of my control, but taking it out on other Spurs fans? Nah, I don’t see how that helps. Please stop implying you’re a better fan than the rest of us - you’re not.

I like crumpet , some like a bit of jam , others butter , or bit of both .
The world takes all sorts , shouting down one who sits on the other side , only adds to discourse and resentment.
You can all fuck off, your all a bunch of tossers full of pompous wit, self importance crap but l like you.

Back
Top Bottom