Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah, he's still kicking around...

JTqvYeKSqWndmpradtiA_capture.jpg
He must have been training this morning... I found this pic.
erik-lamela-of-as-roma-in-action-during-an-as-roma-training-session-picture-id136531680

Proves it right?

Oh not this again.....ok Berty at my work, who cleans the toilets hasnt seen Lamela out in public (like he normally does on a daily basis. True story)......he also wonders how its possible to get homesick when injured for nearly an entire season and being down about missing out on being part of the squad.

Even though Pochettino has said

......He has gone to Italy now. He has strong links in Rome and we believe it was right for him to continue his recovery there. Always it’s diffcult for players who spend more time out than they believed. It is only him out at the moment and he is frustrated he cannot be involved with the rest of the group......

Berty down in the toilets reckons that its mixed messages and that his frustration at being out injured cannot possibly lead to him wanting a change of scenery where he can be involved and have some familiarity while being treated. So, so weird. He is injured AND "homesick". Weird. So weird. Mysterious one could say.

Also going home to see your brother who nearly died is being homesick and/or a lie because he was in rehab.

The other thing that Berty said that got me thinking was that when Lamela said.....

"Just to be clear, I am in Roma at the moment recovering for an injury and not for any other thing that is not to do with football! Missing White Hart Lane every minute! Thanks to all of those who encourage me day by day!"

......that it just cant be true. When you think about it, Berty got that spot on. It cant be true can it, because its all too weird and mysterious which means he is in rehab with a drug habit because despite being given constant updates, we have been told nothing all season, so he's on drugs.

He is also now too weak for the PL and should be sold because he has mental issues. Berty said so.

Despite Pochettino giving us news on Lamela in October, November, December, January, February and March, Berty reckons that the fans are being kept in the dark and its weird.

I fucking love the internet.
I love the sarcastic sammyspurs sammyspurs
Brutal as fuck.
Where have you been hiding him?
:dierpochhug::dembelelol:

Except your photo is from 7 January 2012, whereas the one I posted is from the Burnley match in December, and was tongue in cheek.
As was mine... figured I'd also post an obviously old photo claiming he was back in training the same way the official Spurs twitter did with the pic of him training last fall...

Not saying he's not, just that using old pics is easy.

As was mine... figured I'd also post an obviously old photo claiming he was back in training the same way the official Spurs twitter did with the pic of him training last fall...

Not saying he's not, just that using old pics is easy.

I generally search on getty images (who seem to have some sort of exclusive deal with the club?) and that's the most recent photo on there.

I can only imagine that there's a lot of stringent rules & press control around what he's actually doing, as it's odd for a player to not even be seen on TV sat in the stands/dugout. Players going full on radio silence on social media is always a bit odd - I remember Sandro constantly keeping active on social media when he was injured, which tends to allay the gossip.

This saga is so fucking weird. What the hell is actually going on!?

If it's true that scans have shown there to be no issue with his hip then does that mean he's been claiming to be injured when he isn't?

Something very fucked up going in there and frustratingly I doubt we'll ever get the actual truth.

I generally search on getty images (who seem to have some sort of exclusive deal with the club?) and that's the most recent photo on there.

I can only imagine that there's a lot of stringent rules & press control around what he's actually doing, as it's odd for a player to not even be seen on TV sat in the stands/dugout. Players going full on radio silence on social media is always a bit odd - I remember Sandro constantly keeping active on social media when he was injured, which tends to allay the gossip.
I fully agree that the silence is deafening which leads me to believe that it could possibly be something he is dealing with personally that he wants kept private and the team is complying. I truly like Lamela as a player and whatever the issue is, hope he gets it straightened out and back to the club.

Yet more confirmation it's a fake injury. I don't know how anyone can still deny this. The order of events are pretty clear:

1) Poor form, dropped from league team.
2) Last played Oct 25th in EFL cup - the only senior attacking player in the squad - a sign how much his stock had fallen.
3) Feeling insecure about his position at club, he goes to the press on Oct 27th, stating his desire for a new contract.
4) Was told no new contract would be offered at this time.
5) This triggered an attack of his underlying anxiety disorder, which caused the somatization pain in his hip to begin.
6) Previously at Roma and earlier in his career here, this somatization pain has been treated like a real illness but this time Poch has called him out and we've ended up paying out over a million in wages to a player with a fake injury.

There's clearly no way back for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Poch says in his next press conference that Lamela's been told to find a new club.

Oh not this again.....ok Berty at my work, who cleans the toilets hasnt seen Lamela out in public (like he normally does on a daily basis. True story)......he also wonders how its possible to get homesick when injured for nearly an entire season and being down about missing out on being part of the squad.

Even though Pochettino has said

......He has gone to Italy now. He has strong links in Rome and we believe it was right for him to continue his recovery there. Always it’s diffcult for players who spend more time out than they believed. It is only him out at the moment and he is frustrated he cannot be involved with the rest of the group......

Berty down in the toilets reckons that its mixed messages and that his frustration at being out injured cannot possibly lead to him wanting a change of scenery where he can be involved and have some familiarity while being treated. So, so weird. He is injured AND "homesick". Weird. So weird. Mysterious one could say.

Also going home to see your brother who nearly died is being homesick and/or a lie because he was in rehab.

The other thing that Berty said that got me thinking was that when Lamela said.....

"Just to be clear, I am in Roma at the moment recovering for an injury and not for any other thing that is not to do with football! Missing White Hart Lane every minute! Thanks to all of those who encourage me day by day!"

......that it just cant be true. When you think about it, Berty got that spot on. It cant be true can it, because its all too weird and mysterious which means he is in rehab with a drug habit because despite being given constant updates, we have been told nothing all season, so he's on drugs.

He is also now too weak for the PL and should be sold because he has mental issues. Berty said so.

Despite Pochettino giving us news on Lamela in October, November, December, January, February and March, Berty reckons that the fans are being kept in the dark and its weird.

I fucking love the internet.

Superb and yet some on here will STILL talk about him until our next game starts

Is it possible to launch a lawsuit against the international break? Fucking waste of time for everyone and shows how bored some people are

Love Lamela, would be interesting to see where he'd actually play in our current formation though (likely off the bench).
Guess it shows how far we have come when the absence of a 30 million pound signing is basically forgotten about and hasn't been felt in the league standings.

When he came on, i expected a goal every time he touched the ball. He is incredible. Such good close control and played some nice through balls. Should have scored

I want to try him as the #10 with Sissoko and Son flanking him. Superb sub appearance and on another day he leaves this game with 2 goals.

He changed the game. I think he has to start.

was superb when he came on, a breath of fresh air

What a good player. Getting better and better.

Thought he was our best player during pre-season - no surprises there

Long may this rich vein for form continue

Just saw the Inter game. Coco looks so focussed and totally up for it. Primed for a massive season.

So very glad it is coming good for him. The kid is a grafter and never gives up.

All that's missing now is a Lamela winner in a North London Derby or against Chelsea.

It amazes me that he has his doubters. Not many left on here thank god. I heard someone say this is the Lamela we signed from Roma but I disagree. This ones better. He's alot fitter, works alot harder and is alot more creative.

Not bothered where Erik starts next season as long as he starts, one of our key players for me.

Considering many on here are having digs at him, I thought I'd take a few quotes from earlier on in the season. A few says he's out best player. Others point out how much he's improved and his positive qualities. All of them say how good he is.

People on here say I'm not a fan, that I don't support the team. Then I read this thread. Many of you making up conspiracy theories, most of them pertaining to him being mentally weak. Others saying sell him. The rest saying we don't even notice his absence.

Aye, we don't miss our 2nd top scorer. We don't miss our third most assisted player. We don't miss the player who presses more than anyone. Are you guys for real? If Lamela had stayed fit (Mentally or physically) do you think we would have more or less points? Because in my eyes we'd be challenging for the title, if not leading it.

Here's a strange fact for some of you - He's been out injured for the past, what, 5 to 6 months now? He's still got the third most assists in our entire squad, 1 behind Dele Alli.

Considering what great supporters you lot say you are, why are very few of you supporting? I can't wait for him to come back and I hope he stays at the club. He's become the symbol of Poch's Spurs.

Last edited:
One last thing - for those saying he's mentally weak or he has fake injuries or has anxiety and so on. Vertonghen, Rose and others have said that mentally he's the strongest player in the squad. But by all means, create your stories about how he needs a magical tic tac to feel better.

Do you really think you play in one of the harshest football conditions in the world at 17-18 and come out of it weak?

Yet more confirmation it's a fake injury. I don't know how anyone can still deny this. The order of events are pretty clear:

1) Poor form, dropped from league team.
2) Last played Oct 25th in EFL cup - the only senior attacking player in the squad - a sign how much his stock had fallen.
3) Feeling insecure about his position at club, he goes to the press on Oct 27th, stating his desire for a new contract.
4) Was told no new contract would be offered at this time.
5) This triggered an attack of his underlying anxiety disorder, which caused the somatization pain in his hip to begin.
6) Previously at Roma and earlier in his career here, this somatization pain has been treated like a real illness but this time Poch has called him out and we've ended up paying out over a million in wages to a player with a fake injury.

There's clearly no way back for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Poch says in his next press conference that Lamela's been told to find a new club.
Sin-bin this trolling clown already - Registered 6 days ago - 30 posts slagging off Lamela. Fuck off you gooner prick

It doesn't seem very likely that he will be leaving Tottenham unless his body prevents him from continuing, as it did with Sandro Raniere, Ledley King or Radwan Hamed.

I for one hope he returns as in my eyes, he is an exceptional player that can only benefit Tottenham in having him in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom