Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really, we scored the most goals from corners last year, no?

And even if we don't score directly from them corners are usually a tell-tale sign of how dangerous your attacks are.
Don't know about the first, but I agree that corners are an indicator of attacking pressure. We were just terrible. Let's not beat each other up over this.

Saying we created chances and we wanted to score. Wasn't critical of our performance one bit.

Thought the same in his post-match interview about Liverpool.

Was asked if we left too much space in behind/played too high a line.

He laughs it off and says no, we needed to press more and be even higher up the pitch.

Serious worries imo. Seems out of touch.

I agree, but I didn't see you or anybody else moaning about the line up pre-match. Literally no one voiced a concern. Don't do this hindsight shit, it's too easy.

When I saw the line up I was expecting it to be a walk in the park.... 4-5 nil..... how fucking wrong was I!!!the problem is the selection we had we wanted to win, and taking it serious which makes it harder to stomach, Really starting to regret goading the gooners at work now! :pochrolleyes:

its a double bluff from Poch, we all know he hates the cups really, but if he plays the strongest team and we don't win, it's not his fault... :levyeyes:
Poch should have the players up for the match and have his tactic's right, its not hard to think how these teams will play against us, and if you have the wrong tactics have a plan B & C to change the way we play, its called coaching

Thought the same in his post-match interview about Liverpool.

Was asked if we left too much space in behind/played too high a line.

He laughs it off and says no, we needed to press more and be even higher up the pitch.

Serious worries imo. Seems out of touch.

He won't do this in public, it's not his style. He will say it in private.

J
Only things I am going to say before Fulham is Pochettino needs to really work on who starts. Hugely important to have a team who will fight and then create chances.

All we are suddenly on is a poor run. A good time to have it IF we limit it to two games only and kick on. Remember Liverpool and United have had poor runs this season not to mention City and look at that rabble so it can and does occur.

However and moving forward we need a 3rd striker, we need an outfield captain, good as Lloris is, he should not be the captain and even more and the hardest to find, we need a jewel in the crown.

Alli is entitled to poor games at his age and Kane should not have to shoulder our dreams each week but they would be unburdened by a star turn.

As for winning the Europa though, honestly.

With all due respect who gives a flying fuck about the captaincy after a performance like that.

Frustrating, took us 30 minutes to get into the game, only looked dangerous for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and that's when they slotted one home. Just seemed lethargic, Wanyama and Dembele were sleepwalking for the first 20, no possession or drive, 2nd to every ball.

On the bright side cretinousgoat cretinousgoat lost £400 on this.
giphy.gif

It's all to do with balance.
We use our full backs for width. The left one goes the width goes. You then have the midfielder who is usually moving from left to right stuck out on the left to supply the width.
That leaves us outnumbered.
The CB pairing has always been left and right with Poch but he seems to have lost confidence in Wimmer after the city fiasco.
thatbleaves us un balanced there.
I siad before when we were on a high that there would be a blip, all teams invariably have them, and I wondered how quick it would be before Poch was slated.
Look like it's come when we have had to utilise the squad.
For fucks sake Gent are going to play like they have be never played before, this is massive for them. It wasn't going to be easy.

Look at thier reactions. This is football , it happens. They made changes, we had 4 to our usual starting line up.
We weren't fucking terrible.
Obviously a mental thing where the players who have had horror moments have the thoughts lingering. We start too nervously and unsure like we are scared of making mistakes. There's a false coolness on the ball at the back,it looks fragile.
We are far from a great squad. Remember that.
Like last year Miss a couple of key players.
Hopefully recruitment is better than under Mitchell this summer.
I still think Wimmer is ok, but I don't rate Davies.
I don't like Dier at CB.
Sissoko is looking like a misfit. He isn't right for this team.
Be disappointed but be realistic. Dele is far from Lionel Messi. This is his 2nd season at the top ffs.
The good players have lost their mojo, some are injured and some are not good enough.
Together through the bad times as well as the good. We ain't Woolwich

Last edited:
Very, very disappointing. All it takes is for a team to press us hard constantly and very physically and we are practically nullified. A lenient referee just makes it harder. We are missing our regular LHS defense so badly.

A week to file under experience ManU get an undeserved free kick score from the flukiest of deflections and the ref bottles a penalty call against them as Poch says that's football with a more in tune ref tonight and had Kane's shot gone the right side of the post we'd be already looking up our opponents for the next round no matter how rubbish we were tonight

Back
Top Bottom