Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't want to rant because I'm generally a very positive fan and I love Poch to the moon and back but if conte at Chelsea has proved anything this season, it's that playing players in their best positions is better than fitting 11 strong players into a team regardless of shape/formation.

Today Alli, Dembele and Sissoko(2nd half) played out of position. I'm not actually sure sissoko has a best position but it's certainly not left wing back. It would of also been a perfect time to put dier in midfield (imo his best position) and play wimmer as wanyama clearly needs and deserves a rest.

Finally Janssen was a pointless signing wasn't he? I don't think he's done enough and might not make it at Spurs, however not even making the bench makes no sense without another striker to choose. He did fairly well against Wycombe and since has had 5 mins against Sunderland and 10 against Liverpool and has been dropped from the squad today. Onomah was on the bench probably because poch expected to be 2-0 up and could get him 20 mins under his belt. This is the wrong approach in my opinion. If Janssen was on the bench today he probably would of come on at 1-0 down.

Oh well.. should of won despite all of the above. Not good enough tonight, need to turn it round quick.

going to have to take big money loses in the summer, get rid of Sissoko & Janseen for what we can get at least saves their wages,
as I've said someone needs to take responsibility for these bad wastes of money, was it Poch or Levy ?

Poch has his favorites and that is no good to us as a team, why didn't he let Onomah go out on loan, he would get match time unless we are winning a game well, so give him match time on loan
why play Dele on the Left, that's not his position, play the best player for that position, not the best 11 players

It's also effectively halftime. We have to play the same team next week. Poch has never ducked calling out the performance, but the game is still very much alive.
the problem is he now can't rest the better players in the return match, as many of the players have said we need to win something, so we need a strong team against Fulham in fa cup

What you lot struggle to understand is that if we play three at the back, we've got no wingback to put in a good performance (unless Rose comes back).

An average performance at wing back is less noticeable than at full back.

At the moment Davies is doing nothing but making up the numbers; offers nothing in attack and is getting skinned constantly.

Wimmer can make up for Davies lack of defence and Son makes up for his lack of attacking threat. It balances the team out. At the moment the team is simply too defensive.

I hope we turn up as vocal supporters next week. The atmosphere they created tonight was brilliant, loud and non-stop for 90mins. They are taking 7k next week my gut tells me they'll make more noise.

Watching the Man U game, and St Etienne supporters are the loudest away fans I have ever heard thier, absolute quality. Pisses all over Prem clubs, us included.

Back
Top Bottom