Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dier was awful again, I don't think wimmer would be any better but he should be given a chance
Again Poch does not think about what the opposition will do, he failed to think that Liverpool would press us hard and he's done it here, We are not Barca we have to think about how the opposition will play and stop that first then play our game

giphy.gif

Only things I am going to say before Fulham is Pochettino needs to really work on who starts. Hugely important to have a team who will fight and then create chances.

All we are suddenly on is a poor run. A good time to have it IF we limit it to two games only and kick on. Remember Liverpool and United have had poor runs this season not to mention City and look at that rabble so it can and does occur.

However and moving forward we need a 3rd striker, we need an outfield captain, good as Lloris is, he should not be the captain and even more and the hardest to find, we need a jewel in the crown.

Alli is entitled to poor games at his age and Kane should not have to shoulder our dreams each week but they would be unburdened by a star turn.

As for winning the Europa though, honestly.

we don't have any winners at the club, that should be the first thing we get in the summer, we need some players here that will bully and shout at our players, we lack mental strength

We do have one.
Janssen
At least he gives 100%
Yeah, but so would I give 100%. But it aint enough. We need better strikers. Poch was asked recently about stories in the Spanish press linking Spurs with Aguerro. He just giggled like a little fucking girl as though the whole idea was a laughable pipe dream.
Why should it fucking be. Why should we have to put up with home grown freebies like Kane or cheap long shots like Janssen while all our rivals seek out and pay for the best. It's a fucking scandal

We do have one

Janssen

And he shd have started

Unless he's injured of course but he shd have at least been on the bench

At least he gives 100%
Omg.
He has scored 0...i repeat zero...i repeat again 0...i repeat for the fourth time Zero open play goals and we are nearly in the fucking month of March. Say what you want about Poch but saying he made a mistake not starting Janssen is a joke.

Jenas just said we struggled near enough all season scoring goals when we play 4-2-3-1. Please tell Poch this Jenas.

There is a fair bit wrong with this team at the moment, at the back, midfield and up top. Not drastic, but 10% off. Hard to tell if its personnel, system, or what.

But for me the biggest issue is Up front, there is no press, it's almost non-existent, if Kane or Alli are pressing they do it on their own, no one else comming to close another player or get in a passing lane. It is all far to easy for our opponents defense. Think back to when we are flying, Kane, Alli, Lamela flying in at the oppo, causing errors, with usually Eriksen, Dembele picking up the 2nd ball, in turn playing the ball back quickly to the front 3. Do this, and we are a threat and the oppo doesn't also get near our goal. THE PRESS IS HAS FUCKING VANISED!

Yeah, but so would I give 100%. But it aint enough. We need better strikers. Poch was asked recently about stories in the Spanish press linking Spurs with Aguerro. He just giggled like a little fucking girl as though the whole idea was a laughable pipe dream.
Why should it fucking be. Why should we have to put up with home grown freebies like Kane or cheap long shots like Janssen while all our rivals seek out and pay for the best. It's a fucking scandal

Ok but we've got him so give him a chance

He comes on for the odd 10 mins and is champing at the bit but he needs game time

Too early to right him and Sissoko off although Sissoko looked poor playing out of position

We really have got problems and I don't pretend to have answers like all of us
Just theories

I'm never one to blame Poch, but tonight he got it wrong. I don't see why Wimmer isn't starting? He was great cover last year. We should have gone to win the tie in the first leg...

The last few games have been very poor, we need a big improvement if we want top 4.
Last year Wimmer was good. This year he's looked unreliable.

Did you see the team he picked? He did try to win it in this leg. That much was obvious.

I'm not extremely disappointed at the result, but the fact that we've played like shit in the last couple of games is worrying.
I don't mean to be one of all doom and gloom, but when was out last goal from open play? 4 games we have gone now and we have only scored 1 goal, and that was a pen, that is not good enough for a team of this calibrate and potential, I think Poch needs to go back to a back 3 against Fulham...
Tonight was simply not good enough again, if the return leg was at the lane I wouldn't be to bothered, but Wembley is like another away leg, feel sorry for all the fans that travelled to that, at least the beer is nice in Belgium tho!

Back
Top Bottom