Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know naff all about our youth teams but I'd rather see a pacy youth LB with a bit if skill than watch davies stuff around with it and kick it long in hope. Our whole defensive line was shite though, even toby. Sissoko has no end product nor does he make up for it defensively, would rather give his game time to gkn who looks to take people on and can put in a decent ball on either foot. Kane needs to pass more, in fact all of our players take too many touches (except winks who looks to move it quickly and is the one shining light from this game). Eghhhh. Want edwards in the team, we need more ball control in the final third. Melt over

Did you see the team he picked?

Who's going to score in that front 6?

Dembele doesn't shoot.
Wanyama has missed absolute sitters.
Winks has 1 goal to his name from memory and doesn't shoot much.
Sissoko has barely scored throughout his career, I think 7 is the most he's ever had.

Kane scores but is off form.
Alli scores but also seems off form.

In my eyes I thought it was a very defensive and weak team to put out. A midfield 3 against a mid-table team from Belgium?

We needed to have guts and go for it.

I know naff all about our youth teams but I'd rather see a pacy youth LB with a bit if skill than watch davies stuff around with it and kick it long in hope. Our whole defensive line was shite though, even toby. Sissoko has no end product nor does he make up for it defensively, would rather give his game time to gkn who looks to take people on and can put in a decent ball on either foot. Kane needs to pass more, in fact all of our players take too many touches (except winks who looks to move it quickly and is the one shining light from this game). Eghhhh. Want edwards in the team, we need more ball control in the final third. Melt over

GKN was poor when he came on today, but so was the whole team, apart from winks, and Lloris.

Last year Wimmer was good. This year he's looked unreliable.

Did you see the team he picked? He did try to win it in this leg. That much was obvious.

On paper it was a strong squad and I was reasonably confident

Can't believe how poorly we played

Don't understand Poch the last two games. Tactics, lineup, subs...just curios decisions abound.

its a double bluff from Poch, we all know he hates the cups really, but if he plays the strongest team and we don't win, it's not his fault... :levyeyes:

My biggest worry is how many long balls we're starting to play. Seems like whenever a player had the ball for more than 3 seconds they just decided to hoof it up to Kane, hoping something would work out.

Last year we played out from the back, but when that didn't work we would have the long diagonal ball to our fullbacks, which was a great way of gaining ground quickly and getting past the oppositions midfield.

We don't even do that anymore. Just smash and run.

That was fucking SHIT. No two ways about it.

As bad and almost identical to the Leverkusen game, yet this was against worse opposition.Bloody awful. Dont know what Poch said in his interview but I hope he tells them thats simply not good enough.

I agree, but I didn't see you or anybody else moaning about the line up pre-match. Literally no one voiced a concern. Don't do this hindsight shit, it's too easy.

I didn't post anything at all, wasn't online. Was sat watching the game but even at that point i thought it looked iffy.

You need at least 3-4 goal scorers in a team. We have 2, yet put Son on the bench.

Baffling all around.

On a positive note, I bet Fulham are shitting them selves after tonight's performance! Every cloud and all!
But in all seriousness is there any chance Rose is going to be back fit for the "home" leg?

Those who are Poch's favorites seems to get game time no matter if it's in a position they're good at our not. And those who have fallen out of his favour are treated as lepras and are not played at all. It doesn't matter if we have a good squad depth if we don't use it. Wimmer is the clearest example of this year's lepras. He'll be gone this summer along with Nkoudo (why did we buy him?) and Jansen.

Also there seem to be no plan B, why when we play like shit doesn't he try something. Change to 3-5-2 do something?

Finally it feels like it's up to the players creativity in attack. No plan, no clear tactics, no game plan in offence. Just hoping for players to be in form and solve it.

Back
Top Bottom