Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Resting players is fucking idiotic especially for a game against Burnley.

I genuinely think Poch will rotate with the (Sky Cliche alert) Busy Festive Period in mind....

I don't see anything wrong in giving players the opportunity to show that they are good enough when called upon.

The likes of Trippier, Davies, CCV/Wimmer, Sissoko, N'Koudou, Onomah & Winks all need to know they are trusted by the Club, and not just there to make up the numbers.

And I'd rather Poch take the opportunity to try out the full strength of our squad against Hull or Burnley, than Chelsea in the New Year!

'cos if the Squad Players ain't good enough to cope with the rigours of PL life, whoever the opposition, then we need to know asap!

As for this busy Festive period thing: We're not playing on Boxing day! What shit is this?! What's the point of playing so many games in the space of two weeks only to miss out on the only one you actually enjoy watching? Worst Christmas ever.

Half 1 on New Years day too. Fucking hell!

That's alright love... (BLATANT SHOWBIZ ANECDOTE ALERT) I've done a Matinee show to 5,000 screaming kids at Wembley Arena at 10.30am on New Years' Day in my dim and distant past... try clearing your head before that little number!!

THE PAAAAAAAAIN!!!!! :avbfacepalm::mong:

That's alright love... (BLATANT SHOWBIZ ANECDOTE ALERT) I've done a Matinee show to 5,000 screaming kids at Wembley Arena at 10.30am on New Years' Day in my dim and distant past... try clearing your head before that little number!!

This is the moment I realise 1882 1882 is Barry Chuckle.

Talking about players being up for it, you can guarantee that Dawson Livermore and huddlestone will be. I think Mason is injured if not add him to that list.
Hernandez is missing for them apparently which is not too bad for us. He could have caused a few problems.
Hope its not one of those games against the teams we expect to smash where we start slow, then make chances but fail to score first half. Make it harder for ourselves.
We have to come out and show them no mercy from the off and play our best aggressive game. Bury the early chances, finish the game by 60 mins and rest some players.
Really if we are a top 4 team winks and Wanyama to start in midfield should be competent enough. We also have to play Dele Eriksen, Son and Kane. They are the most likely to score goals.
Subs can come on when we have secured the game.

As for this busy Festive period thing: We're not playing on Boxing day! What shit is this?! What's the point of playing so many games in the space of two weeks only to miss out on the only one you actually enjoy watching? Worst Christmas ever.

If my memory serves me right, I can remember a 12 kick off, new years day ay Coventry. We drew 0-0 and the whole game was in damp mist-or was that me?

If my memory serves me right, I can remember a 12 kick off, new years day ay Coventry. We drew 0-0 and the whole game was in damp mist-or was that me?
I can remember going to whl on New Year's Day and it was called off down to snow. Still got the programme from that game somewhere which was not played. Southampton I think it was.

I realise we're getting off topic here but is anyone else as curious as I am about wtf he is referring to? We need answers! And embarrassing YouTube footage!

Our last scheduled midweek fixture at the Lane.

Let's make it special. Kane hattrick.

Edit - may be penultimate. Kane double.

Last edited:
Enduring...? ENDURING??

They're not fucking Jedward... you don't have to 'endure' them... besides, I thought Eriksen had finally started to click into gear... and Son, goals aside, is still more of a threat than N'Koudou... Alli needs to sort himself out, granted.
For me, the reason I think Poch sticks specifically with these 3 at the moment - injuries aside - is that all three could (and probably prefer to) play behind/off the Striker in a #10 role... in that sense, they're interchangeable...
They can all move in behind Kane, or out wide, causing havoc with the opposition's marking...

I don't know if Poch prefers the tactic of causing this kind of confusion for the opposition, but it seems that in those three, plus Onomah (and to some extent Lamela as well) we have four or five players who can all operate in an advanced attacking central midfield role... is that mere coincidence, or a massive oversight in the Stock room???

What's wrong with Jedward?

:walkercry:

Were you the damp mist?

Oh I see.....

Back
Top Bottom