Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent win but surely I can't be the only one who thought we were far from convincing?
Although we played some decent stuff and deserved the win, we were not very good in attack, very predictable with the square side to side stuff because lack of taking too long/ nomovement in behind.The times we did make runs from deep/midfield we got in behind we scored, should have got a free kick and really should have scored.
We also gave the ball away far too many times gifting them opportunities.We don't seem to have learned from the many times we have lost it fucking about with it, or with the sloppy passing. They also carved out a couple of really decent ones for themselves. Better opponents may have made us pay.
Not trying to be buzz killington just objective.
Winks changed us a bit.
Sissoko had a decent game.
Hugo saved us a couple of times
Eriksen was much better
But it's nearly half way through the season and we can do much better. I hope we click into gear soon.
It has to be a positive that, we'd all probably admit, that we haven't been at our best but are still in an and about.

Not sure what people want really......I thought we were excellent. Its a 3-0 win (and a 5-0 v Swansea) and despite those teams being crap, our usual procedure is to go out and drop points in these games.

We have slaughtered both, and our defence, while there have been lapses, have stood firm and kept clean sheets. Some better teams have made us pay......that much is obvious no?
We have taken the points we should be taking recently (9 from West Ham, Swansea and Hull) scoring 11 and conceding 2.

We are still adjusting. Yesterday was an all round excellent performance and a convincing win....any team can nit pick any performance, but we are not Ajax in the early 70s.
There will always be moments where the oppo get at us, and there will always be wasted chances.

When we score 3 tho, and dont concede, I dont see the point in complaining about how in some other game we might have been made to pay.

bout the "deadest team" *kisses teeth....

The pengest pass:

PortlyIdleDavidstiger.gif

Can go 4pts off second tonight.....depending on other results, could end up in third spot too, and 7 behind Chelsea.
Not likely it will all go our way, but not bad for a team playing "dire turgid football with no direction".....

Wait til we click then....

That's alright love... (BLATANT SHOWBIZ ANECDOTE ALERT) I've done a Matinee show to 5,000 screaming kids at Wembley Arena at 10.30am on New Years' Day in my dim and distant past... try clearing your head before that little number!!

THE PAAAAAAAAIN!!!!! :avbfacepalm::mong:

This is the moment I realise 1882 1882 is Barry Chuckle.

Alli, Eriksen and Son dislike is baffling really. I guess it comes off the back of a poor attacking display against Man Utd which Kane was also involved in by the way, but I guess you don't mind enduring him.

Eriksen, Son and Alli were all brilliant in our last home game against a team not different to Hull. I don't think we'll see them three tonight as I think Poch will rotate for the harder game at the weekend against Burnley but I think people are being a little bit harsh.

OK, i'm not gonna say it exactly... but simply 'cos of last night's result... this is an opportunity which we must take advantage of... by winning the game!

Back
Top Bottom