Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Kane"][/formation]
Presuming that Dembele isn't fit, Alli could easily slot in for Winks but I want to see Winksy get another start as he definitely deserves it. Big game for Sissoko.

I would shake things up to get players really playing for thier places. Alli and Son have to realise that extremely poor performances will see you benched, otherwise they will rest on their laurells. To be honest, they could probaby do with rests anyway, and Sissoko/GKN have looked lively when they've come on and have shown good understandings with their respective fullbacks.

Dier for Wanyama would be purely rotation rather than dropping VW- i'm not putting him in the same boat as Alli and Son.

Lloris

Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

Dier - Winks

Sissoko - Eriksen - N'Koudou

Kane​

Will be nice that the likes of Huddlestone, Dawson, Mason, Livermere etc will all get to experience White Hart Lane for the last time.

I can see MP resting a few for this and not the players you may think. On paper Burnley looks a tougher game on Sunday and most of our first choice XI started against CSKA as well.

I reckon Trippier and Davies will get starts and can see Dier coming in but possibly for Alderweireld. Can see Winks starting for Dembele and expect Sissoko to play after cameo yesterday.

MP has stated numerous times this season how he feels its a squad game and this game fits the bill.

Not to say I agree with it mind.

Trippier for Walker

9T1vwR6.gif

This likely isn't the spot to give Sissoko the start. I wouldn't expect alot of space where Sissoko seems to be at his best which we saw vs United yesterday. Hull will be very defensive-minded and Sissoko's lack of technical ability will be issue.

Sorry 'Ooll and Burnleh... but these next two games are must win for us....
Simply 'cos we can't seem to win the BIG games... we need to win these....
No offence, but it's dog-eat-dog I'm afraid... natural selection if you will...

Hull & Burnley will have their battles... and I'm sure they'll put more importance in beating teams AROUND them...

That's fine for them, but when WE try it, we have to come up against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Woolwich... none of whom we've managed to beat.
Man City being the obvious exception!! but EVERYONE'S beating them these days!!!

Hull will have far more important games than ours to win this season... and like Swansea, I'd LIKE to think we can assert our authority on the lower placed PL teams... just like all the other bully-boys in the Top 5 or 6 seem to do!

Hugo
Trippier-Toby-Verts-Rose
Dier-Winks
Eriksen-Dele-Son
Kane

We need a win here- no playing a weakened side. As such, can't afford to give Sissoko a start as we need to have assured offense out there. A sub appearance around 55' -60' would be fine though.

Hull are gonna sit deep- we can afford to play Trippier and give Walker a rest.
Winks will be great in helping keep the offensive pressure on. Dier on for more offense as well.
Kane off for Janssen later on. If not, perhaps move Son up top.

Winger should be instructed to work their asses off in the first half knowing that we can sub in GKN and Sissoko in the second half.

Just to reiterate: we need 3 points here. A draw will be unacceptable given our circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom