Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slate the bad performances, but no need to belittle the good ones
Im not slating performances at all, just trying to reflect. Im not belittling the good performance either. Against City we were excellent, that was obvious . Against Swansea we struggled a little at first then improved . They were awful as a team and any thing less than that performance from us, would have been unacceptable.

Anything, really anything but enduring Alli - Eriksen - Son for another time.

For me:

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen N'Koudou
Kane
We only have 6 players that have scored 2+ goals. Lamela and Janssen are injured. We need to score and cannot leave out a further 2 goal scorers only leaving Kane and Eriksen. They will simply mark them out of the game, we need Dele and Son to play. As I said on a different thread we need more goal scorers but Sissoko and N'koudou have not looked like scoring. Play them by all means but not at the expense of Son or Dele. When Lamela is back it may be different.

Wouldn't mind seeing the below

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen Son
Kane.

I would replace Son but I think we need at least one of Son or Alli for the goalscoring and Alli for me has been on poorer form.

Dier Winks for me should give us quick ball forward.

It is just a question of us beginning to look more efficient again.

Like all or most systems of play, opponents find a way of frustrating and nullify ing and then you must have enough about you to cone up with a different way.

And then of course you have the straightforward equation which states that when players are on top form they produce.

Can go 4pts off second tonight.....depending on other results, could end up in third spot too, and 7 behind Chelsea.
Not likely it will all go our way, but not bad for a team playing "dire turgid football with no direction".....

Wait til we click then....

Anything, really anything but enduring Alli - Eriksen - Son for another time.

Enduring...? ENDURING??

They're not fucking Jedward... you don't have to 'endure' them... besides, I thought Eriksen had finally started to click into gear... and Son, goals aside, is still more of a threat than N'Koudou... Alli needs to sort himself out, granted.
For me, the reason I think Poch sticks specifically with these 3 at the moment - injuries aside - is that all three could (and probably prefer to) play behind/off the Striker in a #10 role... in that sense, they're interchangeable...
They can all move in behind Kane, or out wide, causing havoc with the opposition's marking...

I don't know if Poch prefers the tactic of causing this kind of confusion for the opposition, but it seems that in those three, plus Onomah (and to some extent Lamela as well) we have four or five players who can all operate in an advanced attacking central midfield role... is that mere coincidence, or a massive oversight in the Stock room???

Alli, Eriksen and Son dislike is baffling really. I guess it comes off the back of a poor attacking display against Man Utd which Kane was also involved in by the way, but I guess you don't mind enduring him.

Eriksen, Son and Alli were all brilliant in our last home game against a team not different to Hull. I don't think we'll see them three tonight as I think Poch will rotate for the harder game at the weekend against Burnley but I think people are being a little bit harsh.

Can go 4pts off second tonight.....depending on other results, could end up in third spot too, and 7 behind Chelsea.
Not likely it will all go our way, but not bad for a team playing "dire turgid football with no direction".....

Wait til we click then....

:eriksenlol::levylol::pochlol::sonlol::vert::walker-scream:

...and when has that ever worked in our favour??

:pochsulk:

OK, i'm not gonna say it exactly... but simply 'cos of last night's result... this is an opportunity which we must take advantage of... by winning the game!

Alli, Eriksen and Son dislike is baffling really. I guess it comes off the back of a poor attacking display against Man Utd which Kane was also involved in by the way, but I guess you don't mind enduring him.

Eriksen, Son and Alli were all brilliant in our last home game against a team not different to Hull. I don't think we'll see them three tonight as I think Poch will rotate for the harder game at the weekend against Burnley but I think people are being a little bit harsh.

I think it's the lack of consistency that grates a lot of fans. Man city at home was a good example of players performing well and then we witness a poor performance at united and wonder what's happened.

I don't expect us to win every game and a defeat at a poor united would have been easier to take if we had played well, but we didn't and that's the issue poch has to sort out, in crunch games like Newcastle away last season, the champions league games and united away the players have under performed massively, until this mentality is addressed we will win nothing

Resting players is fucking idiotic especially for a game against Burnley.

Resting players is fucking idiotic especially for a game against Burnley.

It's really just giving other players an opportunity. December/January is the busiest period of the season. Dembele needs a right fucking off out the line up so he can be replaced by Winks. Dier comes in for Wanyama. Sissoko comes in. Don't see the issue.

It's really just giving other players an opportunity. December/January is the busiest period of the season. Dembele needs a right fucking off out the line up so he can be replaced by Winks. Dier comes in for Wanyama. Sissoko comes in. Don't see the issue.
Dembele is out injured so thats that one covered. Theres a difference between dropping players and resting them.

I think if we have a squad... then we use the squad!
...otherwise, what's the point?

I think Poch wants to get to a stage (and I know it's a bit 'Jose/AVB-ey') where we have TWO FIRST TEAM PLAYERS FOR EVERY POSITION...
That way, whoever you rotate/drop/rest, it won't disrupt the team's quality too much...

Gone (hopefully) are the days, where once the First XI were accounted for, the rest were just a mish-mash rabble of Deadwood :sherwoodlol: :saha: Mercenaries :adesalute: :bentley:
...or kids who just weren't quite ready... :pritchardeyes: (which was no fault of theirs!!)

Now, I *genuinely believe (*Spurs Matchday Programme-Speak alert) that we have at least 18 players who could all play in the First XI... the other members of the squad are decent enough, but I wouldn't wanna put my mortgage on them doing a job when needed!!
:carrollwtf:

Back
Top Bottom