Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People seem to forget that there was a team in front of us today that worked their bollocks off to stop us playing, same as West Brom. Kane being out (and perhaps Toby) is clearly an issue, but I thought we did okay today. We're one point off top spot so the league is well within reach at this point of the season.

People seem to forget that there was a team in front of us today that worked their bollocks off to stop us playing, same as West Brom. Kane being out (and perhaps Toby) is clearly an issue, but I thought we did okay today. We're one point off top spot so the league is well within reach at this point of the season.
Dead right. If we were falling away, then I'd understand the doom n gloom. It's a long season-as we found out last year. We aren't really chasing anyone yet. Nobody has pulled very much ahead. Could have done with the scousers slipping up, but I fully expected them to win.

Dead right. If we were falling away, then I'd understand the doom n gloom. It's a long season-as we found out last year. We aren't really chasing anyone yet. Nobody has pulled very much ahead. Could have done with the scousers slipping up, but I fully expected them to win.
Too true Bolton. People getting upset that we couldn't beat a team, away, who recently put 6 past Hull, are always going to be disappointed. We're a hard team to beat, and I'm enjoying it. Great start.

It's only by turning around some of the frustrating results against lower teams that we had too many instances of last season that we've got any hope of competing this year. The performance today was decent and we do have the strongest defensive core of any side in the PL. However, the result simply isn't good enough, we still lack a cutting edge quality that can unlock solid opponents, and our striking options are just inadequate for our ambitions.

Team performance - 5/10
Meltdown - 4/10
Cuntoff - 2/10

All in all a below par match day. Still, the players are performing a little better than the forum. Bring back Sammy...

Team performance - 5/10
Meltdown - 4/10
Cuntoff - 2/10

All in all a below par match day. Still, the players are performing a little better than the forum. Bring back Sammy...

Honestly, this is why we are so hated by other fans - not that I give a shit - but what have we won recently? Fuck all, that's what, and half the forum is whining at being 1 point off the top, having conceded 4 poxy goals in 9 matches whilst staying unbeaten. What do they expect? It's mystifying.

Honestly, this is why we are so hated by other fans - not that I give a shit - but what have we won recently? Fuck all, that's what, and half the forum is whining at being 1 point off the top, having conceded 4 poxy goals in 9 matches whilst staying unbeaten. What do they expect? It's mystifying.
Haven't you heard, being unbeaten is a curse. what we really need to get the season kick-started is a nice defeat. That would really settle the nerves and we could kick on from then

:vertna:

Haven't you heard, being unbeaten is a curse. what we really need to get the season kick-started is a nice defeat. That would really settle the nerves and we could kick on from then

:vertna:
Get the unbeaten monkey off our back? A loss is just what is needed to propel this football club to the next level. It's obvious. Why can't Poch see this?

The game is about glory, but a 0-0 away to Bournemouth will do just as nicely ta.....

I don't understand why this is the limit to our ambitions all of a sudden. I don't understand why this can't just be a poor performance that's judged on its own merits or otherwise. I can't see why expecting us to beat Bournemouth means some kind of self entitlement. Are we allowed to think we performed badly today, yet be happy we are close to the top of the league? Are these things exclusive?

Am I not being a supporter properly? Have I been doing it wrong all these years? When we got battered at relegated Newcastle, in a game we should have won, last season, should I have cheered? I'm confused.

It's good to have a barometer of expectations now though. Drawing feebly to recently promoted teams with much shittier teams and squads than us is ok, as long as we don't lose too much ground on anyone else.

The game is about glory, but a 0-0 away to Bournemouth will do just as nicely ta.....

I don't understand why this is the limit to our ambitions all of a sudden. I don't understand why this can't just be a poor performance that's judged on its own merits or otherwise. I can't see why expecting us to beat Bournemouth means some kind of self entitlement. Are we allowed to think we performed badly today, yet be happy we are close to the top of the league? Are these things exclusive?

Am I not being a supporter properly? Have I been doing it wrong all these years? When we got battered at relegated Newcastle, in a game we should have won, last season, should I have cheered? I'm confused.

It's good to have a barometer of expectations now though. Drawing feebly to recently promoted teams with much shittier teams and squads than us is ok, as long as we don't lose too much ground on anyone else.

Bournemouth are better than you think. I wish we could win every game we play. I didn't see that game as a feeble draw - those cherry cunts pressed us all over the pitch and competed well in my opinion. They are miles better than last season - Eddie Howe is a top manager.

International break killed us. This game on Tuesday is gonna be a tricky one. Hopefully someone can find the back of the net soon. Thought Jannsen shoulda started today instead of sissoko but Poch knows best

I'm giving that game a miss. I'm scared of being attacked on the tube. And the possibility of us losing. Fuck that.
Attacked on the Tube? Is the big man Gibbsy over for the game?

Leicester are playing well, should be a good game and chance to get that unbeaten monkey off our back

Fuck off Raiders you sprauncy cunt. It was a wankers comment. I've not denied having a go at the cousins so how was it hypocritical? I'd only had a couple of Bovrils.

:pochrolleyes:
Mate, The story begins in two cities in how it might be possible to run the world without politics.

Last edited:
To be fair no one is whining. Only the whiners about the non existent whiners. It makes the whiners about the non existent whiners feel better.

Back
Top Bottom