The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its hard to work out a fair punishment for violent conduct.

Personally, id prefer someone scratch me towards my eye rather than have an elbow smashed in my face.

But huths elbow got a 3 game ban & dembele will probably get at least 5.

But i guess my system of doing it in on what id hate more is very flawed!

Its like the tame pushing your forehead in to someone elses will get u the same punishmemt as a deliberate elbow smashed in your face.

Watching the game again today I noted that Terry smashed his elbow 1st half into Jan's face.
Nothing given, but Martin Tyler said it wasn't significant because it wasn't the "point" of the elbow!

FFS

so here's my theory about what went down.

I think Chelsea were tactically better than us in the first half, they were defending high and we were having difficulty creating good chances but we still managed to go 2-0 up. I assumed after half time we would steady the ship and see the game out with discipline but we did not do that. we played in an aggressive way.

The biggest shock of the night was to me was when Dembele lost possession, you could tell his mind was not in the game and he was distracted. why was he and the rest of the players angry and distracted?. Even when we went 2-2 we seemed more interested in getting back physically at chelsea than beating them. I believe Hazard, fabregas and co indrectly implied they would gift the league to Leicester on the final day if it came down to it.This is what created the massive rift. I think this rift will continue , especially in the Belgium euro camp.

Yes chelsea were provoking us but it was not different from playing a dirty italian serie A team in the europa league.

considering both clubs are charged with same offence a small points deduction would hurt us most. However if say a massive 20 points deduction for both clubs. That would lose us Cl but chelsea would be relegated. Might just be worth it!

considering both clubs are charged with same offence a small points deduction would hurt us most. However if say a massive 20 points deduction for both clubs. That would lose us Cl but chelsea would be relegated. Might just be worth it!
Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

Please don't.

If, and it's a big if, the FA do consider a points deduction, it should surely be applied to the start of next season rather than to this season's total...
We'd be well within our rights to fight it anyway - this is Chelsea's third E20 offense of the season, but only our second.

If both teams were threatened with a points deduction - then it's hardly a fair 'three strikes' rule being applied.

Edit: also, I was spooked by the lack of 'we've got top four!' tweets from the club after Monday night, but I've now seen it mentioned a couple of times (e.g. in official club interviews) which makes me think we're confident of only being fined financially.

I have my own conclusions from this game... yes we lost our heads, this is a young team that lost to the chavs in the league cup final lats year. That game was defined by luck (two deflected goals and cheating) some say experience, I say blatant cheating the Jose way.

A year on and we play the chavs, defending champions I must add.... having a horrendous season, no title defence, knocked out of the F.A cup, defeated in the champions league.... celebrating a draw against Spurs at home. Yeah the game ended our chances to be the premier champions, but who realistically said we are runners for the league title. At the start of season we was wishing for a top four finish.... that was our goal.
Along come Leicester and blew everyone way.... they deserved to be crowned champions and credit to them but cheering an other club team name during a London derby, joining with another London club i Woolwich ... and putting your clubs badges together. The same Woolwich fans that demonstrate against the management and wanting there most successful mangers of all time to be sacked, for what.... not winning the title.

We have had a great season and seeing our rivals stoop to the level they have done... makes its all that much sweater.
The battle at the bridge was a statement; from Poch, the players and the club that we are not to messed with. We are here to stay, we are a team and no-one is going to fuck with us. We are Tottenham Super Tottenham from the lane.

COYS

Watching the game again today I noted that Terry smashed his elbow 1st half into Jan's face.
Nothing given, but Martin Tyler said it wasn't significant because it wasn't the "point" of the elbow!

FFS
Did the Sky (camera) ref pick it up.. we all know that a sky referee the games now. Cunts

Eye gouging is too much, but I would absolutely fucking love to see one of their players absolutely layed out with a haymaker in stoppage time one day.

10 game fucking ban, I don't give a shit. Would be worth it.

I fucking hate Chelsea.

Eye gouging is too much, but I would absolutely fucking love to see one of their players absolutely layed out with a haymaker in stoppage time one day.

10 game fucking ban, I don't give a shit. Would be worth it.

I fucking hate Chelsea.
Was hoping that Vorm would, to be honest. Not like we wouldn't cope without him.
:harryhmm:

Edit: but the club's lawyers have told me that would be a terrible thing to wish for, and I'm very pleased that Vorm showed some restraint.
Plz no points deduction, FA
:levyeyes:

Was hoping that Vorm would, to be honest. Not like we wouldn't cope without him.
:harryhmm:

Edit: but the club's lawyers have told me that would be a terrible thing to wish for, and I'm very pleased that Vorm showed some restraint.
Plz no points deduction, FA
:levyeyes:
If someone had knocked Fabregas out post-match and we had a slow-mo capture of it then all of my orgasms would have come at once.

Last edited:
Has anyone yet looked at FA's part in this clusterfuck of a game?

1. Putting a high rivalry, high stakes game near the end of the season isn't exactly brilliant planning. It is possible that it is hard to avoid, that it is fairly common and that it is acceptable for those reasons, though.

2. Not reacting to Fabregas' and Hazard's statements that they want Leicester to win the league, when Chelsea had both left to play. It was bound to add fuel to the fire. Has it ever happened before that players do that? Has anyone from Spurs ever gone public saying they want United or Liverpool, or whomever, to win in a two horse race against a rival? And when they have both teams to play at the end of the season? I can't fucking believe there was no reaction from FA.

3. Rivalry games are most often played early saturday or early sunday. This was an 8 pm kickoff.

4. Towards the end of the season, for a title chasing team, there will be pressure. Lots of it. That pressure builds over time. Having one of the teams playing late monday instead of saturday or even sunday means more time for pressure to build.

Yes, we reacted badly. But FA's shitty match scheduling and failure to react to lack of sportsmanship certainly had their role to play in it.

A point deduction would be absurd. FA's role should be taken into account when looking into punishment to the players as well.

I've thought we got stuck on the Mondays as Sky wanted to show all the title challengers (at the time including the scum in with us and Leicester), and perhaps in terms of viewing figures Leicester were the big draw for all the neutrals, and they felt more people watch scum games than us.

So we got shafted with 3 Monday night games.

I haven't seen these comments from Cahill until now:

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill had urged the FA to show leniency in the immediate aftermath of the match, which confirmed Leicester City as Premier League champions.

"The game was fantastic – it was played at an unbelievable pace. It was the fastest game I have played in a long time. People will be talking about the tackles flying, but there was so much quality out there as well. I loved playing in it.

"It was a proper game, a real local derby. There was a lot at stake, especially for them. And we knew what it meant to our fans as well. You could feel the atmosphere building beforehand. In even in the dressing room you got a sense of it.

"When there is so much at stake you cannot expect players to roll over. We’re all competitive, that’s the way it is. People should enjoy the game for what it was."

I appreciate and respect these comments, same as those that came from Terry & Hiddink plus our players also. They reflect the game that I watched and thoroughly enjoyed. All of the words from both sides of the camp acknowledge the game for what it was, an old school salty London derby, played with unashamed hatred for each other. God forbid in todays plastic Sky image of the game we are not allowed to have teams hate each other!

In the aftermath of this game it is interesting to see that loads of ex-players (not in live commentary or in studios analysing the game in a sanitised and scared to look un-PC fashion) all saying how much they loved it and saying it was their game of the season. But now the same Red Tops that were saying it was vulgar and sick, are now, after the City meek whimper and pathetic exit are now referencing our game as this is how City should have played, you couldn't fucking make it up. Just annoying it has taken a pathetic limp wristed City performance for jorno's to think differently about the game, rather than recognise it on it's own.

I haven't seen these comments from Cahill until now:

Chelsea defender Gary Cahill had urged the FA to show leniency in the immediate aftermath of the match, which confirmed Leicester City as Premier League champions.

"The game was fantastic – it was played at an unbelievable pace. It was the fastest game I have played in a long time. People will be talking about the tackles flying, but there was so much quality out there as well. I loved playing in it.

"It was a proper game, a real local derby. There was a lot at stake, especially for them. And we knew what it meant to our fans as well. You could feel the atmosphere building beforehand. In even in the dressing room you got a sense of it.

"When there is so much at stake you cannot expect players to roll over. We’re all competitive, that’s the way it is. People should enjoy the game for what it was."

I appreciate and respect these comments, same as those that came from Terry & Hiddink plus our players also. They reflect the game that I watched and thoroughly enjoyed. All of the words from both sides of the camp acknowledge the game for what it was, an old school salty London derby, played with unashamed hatred for each other. God forbid in todays plastic Sky image of the game we are not allowed to have teams hate each other!

In the aftermath of this game it is interesting to see that loads of ex-players (not in live commentary or in studios analysing the game in a sanitised and scared to look un-PC fashion) all saying how much they loved it and saying it was their game of the season. But now the same Red Tops that were saying it was vulgar and sick, are now, after the City meek whimper and pathetic exit are now referencing our game as this is how City should have played, you couldn't fucking make it up. Just annoying it has taken a pathetic limp wristed City performance for jorno's to think differently about the game, rather than recognise it on it's own.

Frustrating though it is to see them change their minds so flippantly, at least it's some kind of positive swing in our favour ahead of the FA punishments, etc.
Bodes well for next season too. You never have a further distance to fall than when you're on top - and Leicester sure have a looooooong way to fall.

Seriously, it feels like this game has taken on mythical status. There were a lot of yellow cards, sure, but there were a few that were given out for what wasn't actually violent behavior or dangerous tackles. This talk of point deductions seems a little too far fetched and in no way justified by someone watching the game. We've seen broken legs due to dangerous tackles and straight up brawls, without the kinds of penalties being thrown around. Dembele will serve his time, we'll get a fine, and all this is likely to go away after that.

Back
Top Bottom