Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was one of the lucky few that got to meet the team in Chicago and I would say Rose was the least friendly. Additionally, Walker walked off the field and when his post-training shake wasn't there, he pitched a fit and went to the locker room without ever signing a single autograph or meeting a fan. True story.

That's a shame. I still like him as a player, but that's pretty shitty.

Exactly the team I was coming in here to post. Only question mark would be the 2nd CB next to Jan, but other than that I'm loving the look of that team.
Ha, Yeah i'm undecided on CB aswell. I think we do need another but whether we buy a star ready to play first team next to Jan, or another younger CB for cover and settle with what we got, I can't call just yet.

Ha, Yeah i'm undecided on CB aswell. I think we do need another but whether we buy a star ready to play first team next to Jan, or another younger CB for cover and settle with what we got, I can't call just yet.

Worth noting, take it or leave it, that several folks on COYS have declared the deal for young Lascelles from Forest is done. The fact they also just recently brought Mancienne back to the UK from Hamburg does seem to reinforce the possibility. Whether it's true or not, I do still think we're hunting for a first choice option.

I don't know if anyone shares my opinion on this, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Milos Veljkovic in our starting XI on a somewhat regular basis. Certainly early Europa matches. I think the kid has a pretty strong future and given that Poch was a CB will probably improve dramatically over the course of the next few seasons if he works with the 1st team.

Worth noting, take it or leave it, that several folks on COYS have declared the deal for young Lascelles from Forest is done. The fact they also just recently brought Mancienne back to the UK from Hamburg does seem to reinforce the possibility. Whether it's true or not, I do still think we're hunting for a first choice option.
Yeah i've seen this, I just steer well clear of any comments on ITK's. If it's the case and we have bought him, I can only imagine we wouldn't buy a starting CB though as that would give us about 3 or 4 young CB's that could still make the breakthrough this season. I think a lot is dependent on who will be sold also.

Of course. But as I said, even introverts are communicating even when they're trying not to. Shy people typically are not rude when they are finally actively engaged, especially with kids, but that does unfortunately seem to be the case with Rose. There is a large middle ground between having frequent open conversation with the fans like Dawson, and actively avoiding them and their presence like Rose. He can just wave and/or smile if he doesn't want to talk to anyone, and I think the vast majority would deem that more than sufficient.

So this in the context of the plethora of reports of his attitude problems, I'm more inclined to believe it is bitterness/poor attitude rather than specifically being shy. Far too many reports from fans saying he actively avoided them after games/for training sessions, and even included ignoring the kids.
Try find a Spurs FB post where he isn't being cursed. Even the ones which are nothing to do with him. Combine that with the people who inevitably harass him at games and on twitter.
What can you expect?

For me:

-------------Lloris--------------
Walker--Kaboul--Verts--Davies
-------Paulinho--Bentaleb-------
-Lennon--Eriksen--Lamela-
--------------Kane--------------

Try find a Spurs FB post where he isn't being cursed. Even the ones which are nothing to do with him. Combine that with the people who inevitably harass him at games and on twitter.
What can you expect?

Hold on, let's back up for a second and cover all our bases.

Be it known that I was an advocate of Rose staying because as a homegrown and English wingback, I'd liked to have seen him given a chance. But my patience was gone when he apparently acted a fool upon Davies coming in. Incredible audacity that he would get upset with competition at this level, especially after some of his performances last year despite whatever the reason (including me defending him by suggesting our weakness at left winger was part of the problem). That's a shit attitude mate, no two ways around it.

So this isn't me being biased against the player as is so often the majority, it's simply pointing to a trend of examples of poor attitude. I've no doubt he's often slagged off on social media and even to his face, but that's no excuse to perpetuate it by continuing to be a jackass to the fans.

Hold on, let's back up for a second and cover all our bases.

Be it known that I was an advocate of Rose staying because as a homegrown and English wingback, I'd liked to have seen him given a chance. But my patience was gone when he apparently acted a fool upon Davies coming in. Incredible audacity that he would get upset with competition at this level, especially after some of his performances last year despite whatever the reason (including me defending him by suggesting our weakness at left winger was part of the problem). That's a shit attitude mate, no two ways around it.

So this isn't me being biased against the player as is so often the majority, it's simply pointing to a trend of examples of poor attitude. I've no doubt he's often slagged off on social media and even to his face, but that's no excuse to perpetuate it by continuing to be a jackass to the fans.
Your patience was gone when he "apprently acted a fool"? You mean the "ITK" saying he was unhappy?

So it takes rumours from bloody WUMs half of which talk complete shit 99% of the time and you lose your patience?

Rose knows how long he was injured for last season, he knows there are LOTS of games to go around, as if he'd be angry that there was one more LB. I don't buy it.

Your patience was gone when he "apprently acted a fool"? You mean the "ITK" saying he was unhappy?

So it takes rumours from bloody WUMs half of which talk complete shit 99% of the time and you lose your patience?

Rose knows how long he was injured for last season, he knows there are LOTS of games to go around, as if he'd be angry that there was one more LB. I don't buy it.

No, I don't ever put stock in a lone bit of ITK. But there were quite a few at the time implying he was unhappy with the Davies buy, and it would certainly seem to fall in line with the mentality at hand that he has reflected towards even the fans.

If you may also remember, more importantly, he made noises last summer that he'd be moving away if he wasn't first choice because he wanted to set himself up to get into the England fold. He specifically referred to guys like Welbeck who he came up through the England youth system with, but were now seeing time with the senior team. Would certainly seem to indicate to anyone open to the situation that he would likely be displeased with us buying a player likely set to be first choice.

So suit yourself bud, but for me the evidence is overwhelmingly in support of the fact he's likely unhappy with this buy.

I think it's great he wants to play and is not content with sitting on the bench collecting his wages.
Saying you want to play is NOT the same as saying you're unhappy with competition.
I'll see how he responds to this competition with Davies first.

I also think it's great he wants that. No good in a player who has no desire to play this game every week.

But those words in that article are more than indicative of a player that just wants to play, that's not difficult to discern from those quotes. "I want to reiterate I will not be looking to sit on somebody else's bench again" are not the standards words of someone who just wants to play, that reflects a refusal to accept a situation in which him being less than first choice is on the cards. You don't think he knew what was going on with Davies coming in? I think he was content with a primarily right back and Benny as his competition, but not with Davies. I think he knows damn well what it meant, as especially since Davies likely would not have agreed to have left Swansea to be second fiddle to Rose considering how much time he saw with Swans.

Come on man, I applaud your loyalty to the player but to entirely refute the notion being presented here in these quotes with respect to the context is just nonsensical.

I was one of the lucky few that got to meet the team in Chicago and I would say Rose was the least friendly. Additionally, Walker walked off the field and when his post-training shake wasn't there, he pitched a fit and went to the locker room without ever signing a single autograph or meeting a fan. True story.

It's like being picked last on the ultimate fighter. When the first position/transfer by the manager to be fortified was his, he's not a happy bunny.

He wasn't happy even coming back to spurs last season. He made a sarcastic tweet about coming back to spurs to warm the bench. I only like primadonnas if they can back it up.

It's like being picked last on the ultimate fighter. When the first position/transfer by the manager to be fortified was his, he's not a happy bunny.

He wasn't happy even coming back to spurs last season. He made a sarcastic tweet about coming back to spurs to warm the bench. I only like primadonnas if they can back it up.
Welcome back gibbsy.

I think the recent Southampton links are stupid IMO. We can't buy a crock and another damn midfielder.

-------------------Lloris------------------
Walker---Kaboul----vert---davies
--------capoue--------sandro--------
---Lamela--Paulinho--eriksen---
------------------adebayore------------

Players I hope will be fit and play in the central am spots to help eriksen and Lamela avoid being too 'avb' era: Bentaleb, dembele (get fit you beautiful bastard!) ade (with Kane up front)

Players I hope can back up eriksen and Lamela: Holtby, Chadli

Players to backup dm spots: vlad, dembele, Paulinho, bentaleb

IMO we need a backup right, leftback and centerback. Pref with a lot of experience, high wages and low transfer fees.

Last edited:

Yep. It's been itk crazy recently on here. It's like they have come back into fashion after being laughed off forums over the past few years.

You know I can't stand rose as a player, but it's from seasons of form, not a forum itk post that broke the camels back.

Remember though Gibbs, the idea of the thread is what you believe we'll see, not what you want. The lineup I've cited isn't the one I would prefer either.

I also think it's great he wants that. No good in a player who has no desire to play this game every week.

But those words in that article are more than indicative of a player that just wants to play, that's not difficult to discern from those quotes. "I want to reiterate I will not be looking to sit on somebody else's bench again" are not the standards words of someone who just wants to play, that reflects a refusal to accept a situation in which him being less than first choice is on the cards. You don't think he knew what was going on with Davies coming in? I think he was content with a primarily right back and Benny as his competition, but not with Davies. I think he knows damn well what it meant, as especially since Davies likely would not have agreed to have left Swansea to be second fiddle to Rose considering how much time he saw with Swans.

Come on man, I applaud your loyalty to the player but to entirely refute the notion being presented here in these quotes with respect to the context is just nonsensical.

You need to stop seeing Twitter bullshit and people claiming to be "ITK" as overwhelming evidence haha.
You seem to have a bit of an agenda against Rose anyway... just let it go. Its fine.
If Lamela said the stuff in that article everyone would be saying "oh its so good he's coming here to fight for his place"
Obviously someone thats like 22 or however young isn't going to want to sit on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom