Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember though Gibbs, the idea of the thread is what you believe we'll see, not what you want. The lineup I've cited isn't the one I would prefer either.

I think Paulinho starting is more realistic than holtby, Townsend, lennon soldado or itk signing.

Same goes with sandro vs itk glamor dm.

Same goes for ade vs soldado.

I think Paulinho starting is more realistic than holtby, Townsend, rose soldado or itk signing.

Same goes with sandro vs itk glamor dm.

Keep in mind though mate, the question was at the beginning of September. Not optimal lineups, not what you prefer, but what we'll see after the window is closed under all considerations.

Paulinho very well may, but he along with the others will have to catch up after returning late with the other WC players.

I agree, Rose will not be starting. I don't think I've seen anyone in here who thinks he will.

I agree, Townsend won't start.

Soldado does not have malaria.

Keep in mind though mate, the question was at the beginning of September. Not optimal lineups, not what you prefer, but what we'll see after the window is closed under all considerations.

Paulinho very well may, but he along with the others will have to catch up after returning late with the other WC players.

I agree, Rose will not be starting. I don't think I've seen anyone in here who thinks he will.

I agree, Townsend won't start.

Soldado does not have malaria.

Rose was a mistype/brain fart. I meant to say Lennon.

Ades recent updates were ones of him dancing and having a ball.

I don't think we are going to make a huge signing. Like I said a while back, I don't expect us to make significant signings apart from a left back.

I think Paulinho walks into our team. He needed the break, not more preseason. He's plenty caught up fitness wise and experience wise.

You need to stop seeing Twitter bullshit and people claiming to be "ITK" as overwhelming evidence haha.
You seem to have a bit of an agenda against Rose anyway... just let it go. Its fine.
If Lamela said the stuff in that article everyone would be saying "oh its so good he's coming here to fight for his place"
Obviously someone thats like 22 or however young isn't going to want to sit on the bench.

Jesus mate, this is just full of incorrect assumptions.

I don't even have a twitter, guy. The ITK itself is a part of my explanation, not the entirety nor even the primary component as I said above.

Agenda against Rose? I was constantly slated on here this summer, including by the gentleman who agreed with your post, for defending his position in the team. Is it the avatar? Does me making him my avatar hold more credibility in making a point then me pointing to the guy's own quotes?

Lamela fanboy? I didn't even want him here in the first place, so no this has nothing to do with picking favorites.

Of course a young player doesn't want to sit on the bench, but look at those quotes man. Look at what our own fans have said on this board about the player's interactions. Are connections not really being made here?

Rose was a mistype/brain fart. I meant to say Lennon.

Ades recent updates were ones of him dancing and having a ball.

I don't think we are going to make a huge signing. Like I said a while back, I don't expect us to make significant signings apart from a left back.

Fantastic to hear that about Ade, truly. I had not seen that, which is also good evidence for Anthony Beale Anthony Beale in his accusation as I have nothing to do with pouring over twitter.

We'll see about the signings, as of yet it seems it's possible you may be right, but the words from Poch's mouth himself this summer is we were looking at bringing in a few more players.

Jesus mate, this is just full of incorrect assumptions.

I don't have a twitter, guy. The ITK itself is a part of my explanation, not the entirety nor even the primary component as I said above.

Agenda against Rose? I was constantly slated on here this summer, including by the gentleman who agreed with your post, for defending his position in the team. Is it the avatar? Does me making him my avatar hold more credibility in making a point then me pointing to the guy's own quotes?

Lamela fanboy? I didn't even want him here in the first place, so no this has nothing to do with picking favorites.

Of course a young player doesn't want to sit on the bench, but look at those quotes man. Look at what our own fans have said on this board about the player's interactions. Are connections not really being made here?
Hahahaha wow you're wound up TIGHT!

You're saying its "overwhelming evidence" and I'm just trying to say that, thats laughable.
I haven't even looked at your avatar so i don't know what it is. You're saying you don't have an agenda against Rose but from the outside I'm saying you do.
As for the Lamela shit, i was making a comparison.
Basically, you need a cup of tea and a lie down. Maybe go knock the Mrs about a bit... whatever it is you do to relax, go do it.

I think Paulinho walks into our team. He needed the break, not more preseason. He's plenty caught up fitness wise and experience wise.

That is possible, but why do believe so? Can you explain how Poch will implement a player who is so horizontal in his play, despite the fact Poch's tactics feature vertical passing as an essential component and each of Saints' midfielders feature nearly twice as many forward passes per game as Paulinho? I'm curious here as to how you think it would work, not criticizing.

Fantastic to hear that about Ade, truly. I had not seen that, which is also good evidence for Anthony Beale Anthony Beale in his accusation as I have nothing to do with pouring over twitter.

We'll see about the signings, as of yet it seems it's possible you may be right, but the words from Poch's mouth himself this summer is we were looking at bringing in a few more players.

I'm on the right track re signings.

I posted this to you a few months back when you said there wouldbe 'considerable changes':

Gibbs131

There may be a few (sold) like Siggy, Livermore, Holtby or Soldado but I think most of the squad that featured heavily under Tim will remain in place. Usual loans will probably happen.

I know you said left back is way less a concern than centerback but I think lb will be addressed and as far as the starting 11 is concerned I would be surprised if there are more than 3 new faces that feature heavily at the start of the season despite having big tv rights money.

Hahahaha wow you're wound up TIGHT!

You're saying its "overwhelming evidence" and I'm just trying to say that, thats laughable.
I haven't even looked at your avatar so i don't know what it is. You're saying you don't have an agenda against Rose but from the outside I'm saying you do.
As for the Lamela shit, i was making a comparison.
Basically, you need a cup of tea and a lie down. Maybe go knock the Mrs about a bit... whatever it is you do to relax, go do it.

Nah I'm good man, just weary of the same accusations over and over again which just hold no ground.

I'm on the right track re signings.

I posted this to you a few months back when you said there wouldbe 'considerable changes':

Gibbs131

There may be a few (sold) like Siggy, Livermore, Holtby or Soldado but I think most of the squad that featured heavily under Tim will remain in place. Usual loans will probably happen.

I know you said left back is way less a concern than centerback but I think lb will be addressed and as far as the starting 11 is concerned I would be surprised if there are more than 3 new faces that feature heavily at the start of the season despite having big tv rights money.

We always agreed on the numbers of faces that feature heavily at the start.

We'll still yet see who departs, as you and I each have different lists of players remaining we expect to see go.

I didn't say left back was "way less of a concern," but I did say I believed it to be the priority. As you may have been able to see from the friendlies, I still think it is. Fullbacks are much easier to find in the modern market than centerbacks, so it's no surprise we managed to first bring in a left back.

Still much to go Gibbs, so we'll see what happens :thumbup:

That is possible, but why do believe so? Can you explain how Poch will implement a player who is so horizontal in his play, despite the fact Poch's tactics feature vertical passing as an essential component and each of Saints' midfielders feature nearly twice as many forward passes per game as Paulinho? I'm curious here as to how you think it would work, not criticizing.

I think Paulinho got among the most prem goals from central midfield last season and poch will see that his bluster is better used in the final third than as a box to box headless chicken under avb or a sad Brazilian dm role.

I think Paulinho will play deeper than Lamela and eriksen, but I think he will have more cover than he was used to under avb and Sherwood.

Reason being Poch said in an interview that he won't play us tactically like he did Southamptons system.

He said he is going to adjust his tactics better suited for the spurs players he has.

Yet you consider internet rumours to be "overwhelming evidence"...

No, I said I consider them to be a component of the evidence. Above, in that initial post, I referred to the players own quotes as "most important."

It is the strength of those quotes itself + quite a few reports suggesting he's unhappy + and many fans now saying how poorly he interacted with them even on visits to the training ground that leads me to the conclusion he has a poor attitude. And it is this attitude that leads me to want him out, while it was his play that lead me to defend him for most of the summer to remain as a backup.

You're absolutely right man, referring to ITK alone is a nonsensical manner of defending a point, even when there are multiple reports suggesting the same thing. But when it reinforces other, more concrete suggestions, then that's when others may sensibly make their conclusions.

This really isn't worth this though. So sick of this on a daily basis on here in the summer.

I think Paulinho got among the most prem goals from central midfield last season and poch will see that his bluster is better used in the final third than as a box to box headless chicken under avb or a sad Brazilian dm role.

I think Paulinho will play deeper than Lamela and eriksen, but I think he will have more cover than he was used to under avb and Sherwood.

Reason being Poch said in an interview that he won't play us tactically like he did Southamptons system.

He said he is going to adjust his tactics better suited for the spurs players he has.

I agree we won't look exactly the same, but I do think we'll still see some core concepts remain as we already have in the friendlies. In all three, both the holding mids have looked primarily for the forward pass, and he has featured a DLP alongside the defensive mid. It's absolutely true that things may change once the WC gents return, but for now some of the consistencies from his tactics at his previous two teams remain.

Good explanation though. I disagree, but I certainly can't say you'll be wrong at this point.

I didn't say left back was "way less of a concern," but I did say I believed it to be the priority.

'I agree CB is a major problem. IMO, it's far more of a problem than the LB problem.'

Was your quote. I'm just glad left back was addressed first like I had hoped. But I still think he needs backup at left back. Hopefully Benny is doing a rocky montage because if rose is our backup, we are in trouble because historically our left backs get run ragged due to bales, ginolas, siggys, eriksens, Dominguezes etc in front of them.

It's almost a given that spurs left and right backs are going to have a hard time when It comes to sprinting last gasp injury inducing tackles/overstretching. I'm surprised walker went so long without having a long term injury.

I just hope poch does not play the 'earn your spot' game and play rose from the get go.

[QUOTE="cahspur, post: ]
we already have in the friendlies. In all three, both the holding mids have looked primarily for the forward pass, and he has featured a DLP alongside the defensive mid.[/QUOTE]

That is true. And it terrified me. If poch does that in the prem, I'll have to hide under a blanket all season.

If I see holtby or eriksen playing next to capoue or another dm. I'll be fucking mortified.

It will be fun just like the friendliest were, but scraping past American teams by 1 goal is not the prem.

One thing I have been happy about is we have packed the midfield and it is moving a lot more through the middle which is what I hoped for.

I'm loving the 4-2-3-1. I just hope the deep lying playmaker is not going to happen. Eriksen, holtby need to be in the final third getting assists and goals. Not scrapping with spoilers in the prem.

Back
Top Bottom