Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Judging on our last three games i'd go..

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado][/formation]

I think it's way too avb era. Lennon etc crossing to a lone soldado was a disaster against prem defenses and midfields. We (generally) could not break defenses down with soldado, Lennon/Townsend, Lamela, holtby and eriksen.

Lennon always does this: starts playing well just enough to keep him in the lineup. Then he coasts.

I said it a months ago: I hoped Lennon does not mug poch in preseason/training.

Respectfully we didn't. You said poch would get players who would fit his system. And you said considerable changes would be needed (out the door) to fit his system.

I did say that, but that doesn't necessarily mean pertaining to the first eleven, nor is it really in disagreement anyway since one is a defined number and the other an ambiguous term in which many would define three changes as "considerable" anyway.

But let's not get into that all that nonsense again. I don't think either of us want that. It seems I did exaggerate in my communication of the disparity in priorities of the need for the two positions myself, so you have correctly me pointed me out there. Let's end it that, eh? :thumbup:

I appreciate you answering my questions I posed to you. Good discussion.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Schneiderlin, Dembele/Paul, Lamela, Eriksen, ???
J. Rod/Holtby/Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]

Last edited:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Schneiderlin, Dembele/Paul, Lamela, Eriksen, ??? J. Rod/Holtby, Adebayor][/formation]

I honestly would prefer Chadli out left rather than Holtby. I think Holtby's role with this team is more as a backup to Eriksen and maybe even one of the two holding midfielders if need be (iirc he played there with Schalke a bit).

Last edited:
I honestly would prefer Chadli out left rather than Holtby. I think Holtby's role with this team is more as a backup to Eriksen and maybe even one of the two holding midfielders if need be (iirc he played there with Schalke a bit).
Honestly, Chadli slipped my mind. I hope that Pooch can get him on track at Spurs.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Schneiderlin, Holtby, Lamela, Eriksen, Rodriguez, Soldado"][/formation]

I think there would be a lot of switching and covering between the front 4 and to a lesser degree with Holtby. I think Schneiderlin would sit back and not really get too far up the pitch, whereas Holtby will be the box to box MF.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Schneiderlin, Holtby, Lamela, Eriksen, Rodriguez, Soldado"][/formation]

I think there would be a lot of switching and covering between the front 4 and to a lesser degree with Holtby. I think Schneiderlin would sit back and not really get too far up the pitch, whereas Holtby will be the box to box MF.
Rodriguez will not be fit by then.

You need help, buddy.

So did Chadli. Crossing to soldado or Defoe under avb with rose or naughton behind him or battling it out in the center of midfield under Sherwood?

Him and Davies IMO would provide a solid stream of quality from the wing for ade and Kane plus have enough intelligence to be a foil to bring the eriksens into the game and shield the ball for him.

He's not going to run into the goal line like a drunk head down bumblebee like Lennon and Townsend and fuck us over with derp.

And for a Brucey bonus, the left flank won't be a wet paper bag.

I'm confused.. So you have let three friendlies change your opinion on a player from weak and worse than Falque to in your expected Lineup?

...Read the thread, dipshit - it says 'expected lineup,' not 'desired lineup' - fucking yank wanna-be Euro - you probably think 'the Spurs' uniforms look cool - fuck you, Sanchez - "Someone said "alien"; she thought they said illegal alien and signed up..." - does that clarify it for you?????

COYS

...Read the thread, dipshit - it says 'expected lineup,' not 'desired lineup' - fucking yank wanna-be Euro - you probably think 'the Spurs' uniforms look cool - fuck you, Sanchez - "Someone said "alien"; she thought they said illegal alien and signed up..." - does that clarify it for you?????

COYS

Sin bin vote cast, you racist prick.

COYS

So, let me get this straight, you think Poch is a complete dumbass then? If you expect Lamela to start, and you also believe that Lamela is shit and worse than Falque (who was sold for less than 4m) then you must think that the person who is starting Lamela is clueless. Or, you're a dumbass and a hypocrite

"Fucking yank wanna-be Euro" Why do I want to be European and what has given you that notion? I have a proud American, I don't want to be a European.

Actually, no, I don't believe "the spurs" uniforms look cool. Not a fan of the kits this year.

And No, nothing from what you said has clarified it with me. In fact, you have only confused me and shown you are a clueless dumbass hypocrite.

Back
Top Bottom