Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This looks pretty nice to me ...

Lloris
Walker ------ Kaboom ------ Verts ------- Davies
Schniederlin --- Dembele/Paulo
Lamela ---------Eriksen ------- Jay Rod
Soldado/Ade​

No I mean the full story is Dawson is my sisters fav player she wanted to meet him, we didnt talk to others, its just he looks like a loser, like if you are gunning for champions league, trophies etc and you look round the dressing room and see him, you know you are already handicapped, its such a shame as he has the ability, his attitude stinks, everyone sees it

I backed him to do really well when he came back from Sunderland and even thought for that brief moment at start of last season he looked good with Chadli, I was there when he scored against Woolwich those years ago, I feel for him a little as he is not a full back

Pics...

You know the other person I suspect is a generally shitty person? Naughton. Every video I've seen of the guy I want to smack him and tell him to learn humility.
I was one of the lucky few that got to meet the team in Chicago and I would say Rose was the least friendly. Additionally, Walker walked off the field and when his post-training shake wasn't there, he pitched a fit and went to the locker room without ever signing a single autograph or meeting a fan. True story.

"We lack passionate players, they have no guts or fight in them, nice guys everywhere."

"Rose is such an angry person, get rid of him."

Spurs fans...

There is a difference, randomly hacking down players is not the kind of passion the fans thinking of, conversely I think that Holtby has lived purely on his passion and has hid his identity crisis positionally

There is a difference, randomly hacking down players is not the kind of passion the fans thinking of, conversely I think that Holtby has lived purely on his passion and has hid his identity crisis positionally
He doesn't randomly hack players does, he over did it in that last friendly but he was battling the way a player should in the prem. Aren't you sick of Spurs players losing every 50-50?
He is very similar to how Walker was, too eager to win the ball back and gives fouls away too easily. That can be improved on.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Vlad, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Holtby, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Soldado][/formation]

Im going on the players we have currently and what I expect will be the starting line vs West Ham for the first game of the season. Though if we sign Schneiderlein throw him in.

He doesn't randomly hack players does, he over did it in that last friendly but he was battling the way a player should in the prem. Aren't you sick of Spurs players losing every 50-50?
He is very similar to how Walker was, too eager to win the ball back and gives fouls away too easily. That can be improved on.

I wasn't even talking about that friendly I mean the history of stupid tackles and yellows, anyway I don't blame him, he was stuffed into a position he can't do, Walker is a great full back just needs to use his head more. And yes I am sick to death of losing every 50/50 it's horrible to see. Ben Davies now there though so that side is solved

I know you see comraderie in being a miserable git with Rose, but most normal people enjoy at least an exchange of pleasantries from the players of the team they support. Being ignored altogether is extremely rude. You never stop communicating with other humans, even if you think you aren't by trying to ignore them. They receive a message nonetheless.

Oh and I read that last bit in the Sun.

whatever the fuck that is

You know, some people are introverted/shy. If I were a footballer I would hate it if people I didn't know kept wanting to have a chat. Not because I'd feel entitled or think I was better than anyone, but quite simple because I'd be uncomfortable in those situations.

You know, some people are introverted/shy. If I were a footballer I would hate it if people I didn't know kept wanting to have a chat. Not because I'd feel entitled or think I was better than anyone, but quite simple because I'd be uncomfortable in those situations.

Of course. But as I said, even introverts are communicating even when they're trying not to. Shy people typically are not rude when they are finally actively engaged, especially with kids, but that does unfortunately seem to be the case with Rose. There is a large middle ground between having frequent open conversation with the fans like Dawson, and actively avoiding them and their presence like Rose. He can just wave and/or smile if he doesn't want to talk to anyone, and I think the vast majority would deem that more than sufficient.

So this in the context of the plethora of reports of his attitude problems, I'm more inclined to believe it is bitterness/poor attitude rather than specifically being shy. Far too many reports from fans saying he actively avoided them after games/for training sessions, and even included ignoring the kids.

Back
Top Bottom