Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As far as I am aware, Kaboul has a chronic knee problem. I found it odd that we are alleged to have put a price on him when that Russian outfit came sniffing-as opposed to telling them to do one.

Well Kaboul was are best defender last season as the King's form faded (I know heresy) so we should give him a chance to fight for his position in the premier league.

True, and Kaboul is better than Daws IMO. Otoh, Kaboul-Daws-Vertonghen-Benny could be used as another option, since Walker needs to work on elements of his game.

As far as I am aware, Kaboul has a chronic knee problem. I found it odd that we are alleged to have put a price on him when that Russian outfit came sniffing-as opposed to telling them to do one.

If he has a chronic knee problem we should have bitten their fucking hands off. As much as I rate Kaboul, if they were offering decent money...

:levyeyes:

AVB said:
He has trained the last two days 100% with the team. He is going to rest on Friday. Next week he is going to come back and train again with the team. If he goes without pain, it can mean 10 days for him to be match fit if all goes without interruption. Ten to 15 days. But without any pressure because it is a very sensitive situation for him.

Welcome to the board, AVB!
nin.png

Kaboul has not played since the opening day of the season when he aggravated a knee injury which had also kept him out of the European Championship.The 27-year-old, who was Tottenham's most consistent centre-back last season, underwent surgery and was initially expected to be out for four months, but he has struggled in his rehabilitation from the injury.The Frenchman will get a chance to prove his fitness tonight, however, as he is understood to be in the Under-21 squad that will face the Hammers at Upton Park.Should he come through that match, the former Portsmouth man could be in contention for Tottenham's away trip to Basle on Thursday, although a more realistic comeback game would be the club's game against Manchester City on April 21.Tottenham's Champions League hopes have been derailed in recent weeks thanks to a series of poor results and injuries to key players like Jermain Defoe, Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon.

:kaboullol: :kaboullol: :kaboullol: :kaboullol:

To be honest though. Is there really any point in trying to bring him back before the end of the season now, unless someone else gets injured? we've chopped and changed teh defence enough i don't know how sensible it would be to bring in a guy who hasn't played all season

:kaboul:

Yes. Walker was asked by a journo who's the fastest between him, Lennon, and Bale.

He responded to the effect that over distance Kaboul is probably the fastest.

:kaboullol: :kaboullol: :kaboullol: :kaboullol:

To be honest though. Is there really any point in trying to bring him back before the end of the season now, unless someone else gets injured? we've chopped and changed teh defence enough i don't know how sensible it would be to bring in a guy who hasn't played all season

:kaboul:

Surely anything to keep Gallas out of the starting eleven?!

Back
Top Bottom