Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB has simply been immense for us, so far.

Still proud of the fact that he was my first choice after Redknapp was sacked. All you cunts that didn't want to go near him can fuck off!

BEdKO_xCcAEDHO-.jpg

Apparently not content with erecting a statue of Bergkamp at their ground, Woolwich have put a statue of Mertesacker on the pitch at White Hart Lane.

Thank you, I've had a draft e-mail open and been scouring this thread for some business related material to send today.

I thought it actually worked rather well. They gained more possession in the 2nd half and Rosicky always plays decent against us.

Bale, for all his greatness, doesn't track back enough, and Woolwich enjoyed the majority of the possession because of it (having numbers in midfield). That said, having so many midfielders made it difficult for them to get clear cut chances throughout the match.
HI William, we will often sacrifice the mid to gain a cutting edge. We did pretty much the same when we beat Woolwich last season. The way they set up you almost expect them to tin the mid battle, but what decides games are goals not mid possession.

I don't want Bale tracking back all the time, so I disagree completely with that comment. I want him conserving his energy for doing damage to the other team.

My namesake Greavesie barely ever tracked back, he concentrated on his job of being a football genius and scoring more top flight goals in this country (357) than anyone else has done or is likely to.

And Adebayor's day was comical...here's a summary

Offsides
Offsides
YC
OffSides
Loses MertSacker on Goal
Offsides
Injury

Dude's game has completely fallen apart.
AS I said I didn't want him on the pitch, IIRC you did, apologies if I'm wrong.

Certainly many did, I just don't get it, he's a poor and often a liability. He nearly was again, stupid foul that put him and us under pressure with the yellow. I hope JD starts against Inter and Dempsey or Defoe at Anfield.

Got home at 1am after a 17 hours round trip, 8 hours of which was driving.

Knackered, but worth every minute. Rarely have I seen it so lively in the Upper Paxton.

My daughter was with me and she has yet to see us lose at the Lane. Maybe I should buy her a season ticket!

Back
Top Bottom