Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tommy Harmer Tommy Harmer

We just beat the scum to go 7 points clear of them, and you're picking players' performances apart, fishing for bites from other forum members.

Cheer the fuck up and and enjoy it.

5kgeae.png
We could win the league and he would still find something to moan about

Late to the party as I just came home and just finished reading through the thread...
WHAT A FUCKING MATCH! slow and lethargic first 30mins and then... BOOOM :gylfi: :bale2:... BOOOOOOM :parkerhmm: :lennon:! Shat brix for the rest of the match though and 'jizzed in my pants :oops:' at the final whistle! Loved the Oslo spurs today, fantastic atmosphere!

In a few months, I'm assuming...

and the difference between you and I is............

when he starts playing well (with a degree of consistancy) then I will be the first to say that he is doing so.

You however, will probably never credit me for saying anything that you agree with, for the simple reason that its not in your interest to admit that you are a narrow minded twat

Truly the mark of an true gentleman.

Well considering he has had a hand in our last two victories, a goal and an assist, I think he is most certainly up the standards. What did he do that was so bad exactly? Share with us all your wisdom Tommy. I'm sure you like to think you understand everything there is to know about the beautiful game, but I'm 100% sure that you don't, I know I don't. There is a reason these people are paid a fortune for managing at the highest level. But I can tell when someone has contributed to a hard fought victory in a tight match, and when they have worked hard for 90 minutes. But fine, you obviously know something we don't. What did he do that was soooo wrong?

I share your assessment that he played and fought hard for the duration of his time on the pitch. Had I played in the same position, I doubt that anyone would say any different.

I also doubt that anyone would say that I had produced any kind of a threat, that I had played to premiership standards, had overloaded the oppositions defence with attacking threat, challenged the goons right back, or nullified his attacking potential. I also doubt that anyone would have said that I had ever put their keeper under any threat, apart from that of pissing himself laughing.

Had I played, I think everyone would have said that I worked my socks off for the whole game. I just doubt that anyone would have said that I was worth a damn.

Sigurdsson (by all accounts) had a great season last season with Swansea, but lets be honest. He was being let go by Hoffeheim - not Barcelona. On the back of a semi decent showing we took him off Liverpools hands for a figure that he has failed to justify.

He was workmanlike and ordinary today, and played one great ball all match.

In my opinion, it doesn't justify any great plaudits. If it toots your flute, then I really am happy for you.

I stand by my earlier statement, I would have been happier to see Holtby play the full game - certainly start in front of sigurdsson.

I dont really mind - or care, whether you, or anyone else sees it that way.

And Adebayor's day was comical...here's a summary

Offsides
Offsides
YC
OffSides
Loses MertSacker on Goal
Offsides
Injury

Dude's game has completely fallen apart.

I think sky said we had 47%. It all really depends on what they count, some places count the time a ball is being passed from one player to another as possession, others don't.

I wouldn't pay much attention to possession stats, the method of judging is no more hi-tec than a bloke sat watching with a stopwatch........if he gets bored and forgets to click the button then the whole thing loses its relevance

Apparently not content with erecting a statue of Bergkamp at their ground, Woolwich have put a statue of Mertesacker on the pitch at White Hart Lane.
The gooner with whom I watched the match... Literally his sole comment all 90 mins was to complain, once, about Mertedacker's lack of movement.

I share your assessment that he played and fought hard for the duration of his time on the pitch. Had I played in the same position, I doubt that anyone would say any different.

I also doubt that anyone would say that I had produced any kind of a threat, that I had played to premiership standards, had overloaded the oppositions defence with attacking threat, challenged the goons right back, or nullified his attacking potential. I also doubt that anyone would have said that I had ever put their keeper under any threat, apart from that of pissing himself laughing.

Had I played, I think everyone would have said that I worked my socks off for the whole game. I just doubt that anyone would have said that I was worth a damn.

Sigurdsson (by all accounts) had a great season last season with Swansea, but lets be honest. He was being let go by Hoffeheim - not Barcelona. On the back of a semi decent showing we took him off Liverpools hands for a figure that he has failed to justify.

He was workmanlike and ordinary today, and played one great ball all match.

In my opinion, it doesn't justify any great plaudits. If it toots your flute, then I really am happy for you.

I stand by my earlier statement, I would have been happier to see Holtby play the full game - certainly start in front of sigurdsson.

I dont really mind - or care, whether you, or anyone else sees it that way.

I completely disagree with almost everything you said. I think Sigurdsson played a great ball on Bale's goal. I was happy to see AVB give him the start. I thought Sigurdsson was very good today. I'm pleased with Sigurdsson with this game and the part he played in the game before that.

Was quite a bit of nastiness outside after the game. Their fans tried to rush the police line on park lane and failed miserably.

Did anyone else see that fat gooner slag giving us 5-2 gestures, only to get a resounding rendition of 'who's got a big fat arse.' Think I saw Kris Kris getting involved

That was me! Are you stalking me? Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon sort him out

:akabusi:

Reading the Arse forum is just so much fun right now...

Goon said:
The quality of their team may be arguable in comparison to ours, but their set up is much better than ours. With a good striker which they will no doubt get when they are in the Champions League, they will look a different team next season... a better team.
We however, can't seem to get basic defending right.

Goon said:
We don't deserve to finish ahead of spurs or qualify for CL this year. Our side is full of ponies, laughable squad, laughable management.

Goon said:
Wenger said this game will effect the mentality of the team
Great, not looking good

Goon said:
Man, I couldn't see us winning that, but to lose it the way we did. Letting Bale and Lennon walk through our defence effortlessly.. That's just morale destroying."

Goon said:
This result is actually heartbreaking.

Goon said:
Woolwich has the stench of weakness. Everyone knows it.
Not happy.

...though, I think I'm enjoying reading this much more than I should!

I've been a big Ade defender this season but he was crap today, it took about 45 seconds on the pitch for Defoe to outshine him. Really hope he can get it together.

and the difference between you and I is............

when he starts playing well (with a degree of consistancy) then I will be the first to say that he is doing so.

You however, will probably never credit me for saying anything that you agree with, for the simple reason that its not in your interest to admit that you are a narrow minded twat
I'll be damned! You got me! Because I disagreed with you and called you on what can only be described as "being a cunt" (maybe?) to pretty much everyone around here (maybe?), I'm a "narrow minded twat". Well played.

:avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom