Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The goon fans are bricking it about Bale, I hope he tears them to pieces like a rabid dog that's found a rag doll covered in BBQ sauce.

Form means fuck all in these kind of games - really not sure what to think.

As per usual - nervous as hell, even a 2 goal-lead means little as we found out recently (from boths sides!)

Same team as last night - with possibly Sig coming in for Lennon if AVB is feeling brave - although the latter's defensive work-rate might tip the balance

FAKIN HELL I'm glad this thread is here so I don't have to bubble about in the waning light of the WHU away thread.

1. No Jan at left back. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but he didn't look so good to me last night. Decent on the ball and moving forward, but a bit of a serious liability when it comes to defending. Maybe BAE's had that famous falling out, who knows. But he has to start. Caulker to sit, then, perhaps? Though he's been doing superbly as well. And Dawson, much as I'm ready to send him to the glue factory, was also tremendous last night. AVB will probably melt all our heads with:

:llorisserious:​
:walker::gallashmm: :vert::baelol:​
2. Parker, Parker, Parker. What to do. I've seen people congratulate him on his tenacity last night (I was rather among them), but maybe that's just because he looked like a bulldog out there, and all the Brits went all mushy-kneed. To me the issue is that he simply sits on the ball too much. He's relying on runs to move the ball, not ping-ping passing. As such, I imagine the speed at which we run our transition game is largely compromised. But who goes in his place? Hudd? No… Maybe…​
Livermore :dembele:
Jake's been our catalyst, after all. Or perhaps Carroll might fit? Or perhaps I'm overthinking it all and Parker will do fine.​
3. Much as Livermore and Carroll electrified our play last night, Sigurðsson did so even more dramatically. We looked sloppy and clueless for a lot of the match, and it seemed to take a turn once Gylfi showed. This isn't to say that Holtby was why we looked sloppy. Who knows what happened. That said, despite my willingness to drop Parker, I'm not as inclined to drop our baby goose.​
:lennon: :holtbytongue: :bale2:​
:adelol:​
I wish it was next Monday already. This match kills me every year, but luckily I have a machine built for me by Tesla, so I simply make a dupe right beforehand, and he just sits in the tub, chillaxing and reading, during the match. After the final whistle, he checks the score, tosses my corpse in the fireplace, and takes on my life.​

As I wrote last night, we'll kill them if Holtby and Bale manage to put 20-yard bombs on target. Wenger won't be able to pull off a Churchill "Every man to his post" at halftime.

@SpursStatMan Spurs Stat Man.

Bale has accounted for 21.3% of Spurs' total goals and assists this season in the PL.
Walcott accounts for 22.1% of Woolwich's. One man team?

I'm starting to worry that someone like Wilshere may take it into his mind that the quickest path for Woolwich to third place leads through the gap between Bale's snapped shin.

It's only Tuesday…

I think AVB tweaked last night's line-up with next Sunday in mind... luckily, it worked out (just!)

I reckon he'll play a more settled 4 at the back with Ekotto in for Jan, and Jan moving across for Caulker/Dawson (we need sound, calm, experienced heads for this one!)

Any nudes on Defoe? Can't imagine him starting, but if he's anywhere near fit again, expect him to be on the bench... Ade... Ade, Ade, Ade... what to do???? Football cliché law dictates he will score, therefore should start... but the 'script' rarely goes in Tottenham's favour... just look at what happened at the Emirates when he scored...? got sent off and fucked us over royally! I'd rather NOT have a repeat performance, ta!

I'm going for this solid little line up (assuming that Defoe might still be injured)

------------------------- LLORIS -------------------
-- WALKER --- DAWSON --- JAN --- EKOTTO --
--------------- PARKER --- DEMBELE ------------
----- LENNON ---- HOLTBY ---- BALE -------
-------------------- ADEBAYOR ----------------

Let them worry about us for a change!

Back
Top Bottom