Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

penpen said:
he half heartedly runs for about two steps, then preemptively pouts giving up the goal

This reads like something we used to do frequently. Very much less so under AVB, and for that he and his staff should be applauded... Loudly.

The only conclusion to draw from this is that Wilshere is incapable of picking out players making intelligent runs.

For all the tapy tapy they played the gooners didn't have a direct shot at goal on target did they?
That's why MOTD were scratching around for anything decent to say about them hence the Walcott was great even though he never touched the ball bollocks.

For all the tapy tapy they played the gooners didn't have a direct shot at goal on target did they?
That's why MOTD were scratching around for anything decent to say about them hence the Walcott was great even though he never touched the ball bollocks.
Yeah, what was that about?

'Hey, we planned to talk about how great he was... but he was a bit shit, really... so we're just gonna do it anyway.' Fucking confusing.

[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Woolwich consortium has decided to bid £1.5bn for Gareth Bale instead</p>&mdash; MirrorFootball (@MirrorFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/308255426472992770">March 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tweet]

[tweet]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The world's most confused racist has just thrown a banana at Gareth Bale</p>&mdash; MirrorFootball (@MirrorFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/308252466464567296">March 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tweet]

ARSENE.gif

Find it comical really that it seems that Gylfi has been the subject of so much discussion and disagreement after this match.

He wasn't our worst player by a mile. He did nothing really to disappoint. He kind of cocked up two decent opportunities in the second half, but then so did Bale, who missed two sitters.

No, Gylfi had a decent game.

Adebayor, on the other hand. Fucking hell, what is with this guy? I've been a big defender of his on the back of his peformances last season, and I wanted to believe that he would show up this game. I even put him into my fantasy lineup this week, under the logic that if there's a single fixture left for him to show up to, it would be this one. Well, he didn't. He was fucking lucky to still be on the field after 30 minutes. This, I think, has passed the point of bad form. He was reckless and stupid today. One or two instances of clever movement don't make up for that anymore, in my mind. It's fucking criminal right now that he's our highest wage-earner. Also, that was probably the most pathetic attempt at a dive in the first half that I've ever seen. Would never have believed at the end of last season that I'd be saying this, but he needs to go.

Also, Parker. His assist was quality, but I thought he had a very poor game today. Repeatedly surrendered possession, in most cases by passing it directly to the feet of opposing players. We badly need our Sandro back. I love Parker to death, my avatar should be evidence enough of that, but he's a shadow of the player that he was for us last season. Maybe I've been spoiled by the outstanding quality of Sandro's abbreviated season, but Parker just doesn't inspire the same level of faith in me that I had for him last season. I'd love to keep him at the club, and transition him into a coaching role, but I think he should be no more cover next season behind Sandro and another decent young DM, and to be used in the early stages of the Cups.

We badly need a new striker. Bale has been a life-saver for us the past month. His quality has been amazing, and while all those cunts saying we're a one man team are quite wide of the mark, we cannot afford to be so reliant on the form of Gareth Bale. We need a quality striker. Scratch that, we probably need TWO quality strikers, because Adebayor looks hapless now, and Defoe is now the wrong side of 30, and himself far too hot and cold.

I love our centerbacks.
Am i the only one who thought Sigurdsson was very good today? I thought it was a perfect ball on Bale's goal, and he was consistent throughout the whole game. Yes, he didn't score on that one play, but take that out, i think he was very good.

Ade- If we were to take money out of the equation, i think we should keep Ade. No doubt, he is in the worst form of his career. But he was so good on that loan spell, and has had an injury plagued year. I still have hope.

Back to the real world, with money. He should be sold, hoping to break even. There is nothing he has shown all year why he deserves to be the club's top earner. With Ade's departure, We can afford to give Bale a new contract, provided Real does seriously come after him. With Ade's wages off the books, we can afford to bring in a top class striker. (for me, top choice is Higuain)

I agree with the point on Parker. He had a poor game, outside of the assist. We all want Sandro back, but he isn't coming backs soon.

Parker has been playing (from his first start of this campaign) a little under 2 months. He had serious surgery, and is still regaining his form. I have confidence he will regain it. Parker has to regain his form in serious games. We don't have many options without Sandro. Parker will play, whether we like it or not. If he hasn't regained his form by the end of this campaign, then i understand the criticism. Right now, I think it is too early for any criticism.

With Parker's lack of form, i want to see Sigurdsson more. Dembele and Holtby playing along side each other, with Sigurdsson playing behind the striker. I think that formation and Dembele and Parker with Holtby behind the striker should be alternated.

Just watched motd as well, fucking judas cunt on there.

On the game Dawson and Vertonghen together are the sex! Walker and BAE where good as well but I do still worry about our full backs.

Plaudits to Sigurdsson who was brilliant today playing on the left. Yeah he fucked up the chance to go 3-1 up but fuck it we won now. I just love his attitude, hardly been playing this season and he doesn't moan once. Just gets on with and takes his chance like today.

Huuuuuuuuuugo WORLD CLASS.

Bale I Love you x

BBC are utter cunts tbf, can't stand 'em these days.

Great defensive show today and two well taken goals (Shout out to Ade for the run dragging one of the CB's away) Thought Siggy did do a decent job today as well, think he just needs an injection of confidence and he'll be very useful for us. Thought he left us wanting a fair bit in defence on the flank mind, not always his fault but a better team could've really punished down that left side and was constantly a man short over the back.

In other news I have a massive stiffy and won 50 notes backing Bale to score first and 2-1 :chicco:

"The suffering [the fans] went through last year was tremendous."

AVB, my hero.

Edit: throughout his post-match interviews, AVB sounded like he had been posting on this forum during his time off from Chelsea last spring. Unreal the kind of stuff he was saying, like how losing to the Wanderers last year really hurt the club and started the spiral, etc. It's like he studied our season last year and doesn't want to replicate the swoon.

But regarding the forum, I mean, really, I half expected him to say something like "I don't think now is the right time for #mindthegap" or "Jack, er, tehTrunk…"

Siggy played well. Yes, he muffed a golden chance but to be honest Bale missed a sitter. The fact that we showed resolve is enough for me. 7 points clear from the scum!! I love Holtby but we needed to stay calm in possession and sometimes I think he is a pass ahead of the players around him.

I too agree with sanchez18 that Siggy should be played in behind the striker (for me that is Bale). Parker wasn't brilliant but he did a good job harassing their players. I think when we vs Fulham we should experiment with just Dembele as cdm. Use Holtby on the left wing and watch him link up with Siggy.

Just imagine the attacking options we would have if we played this formation:
Bale(ST)​
Holtby(LAM) Siggy(CAM Lennon(RAM)​
Dembele(CDM)​
Bae(LWB) Vertonghen(LCB) Dawson(CB) Caulker(RCB) walker(RWB​
LLoris(GK)​
:avbcringe:

The way our full backs play now would mean the team can adapt to this formation. Instead of another defensive mid we can utilize our 3 cbs who I believe are World class. Dawson and Vertonghen were immense last night but we need a way to have Caulker for our attacking corners.

Am i the only one who thought Sigurdsson was very good today? I thought it was a perfect ball on Bale's goal, and he was consistent throughout the whole game. Yes, he didn't score on that one play, but take that out, i think he was very good.

Ade- If we were to take money out of the equation, i think we should keep Ade. No doubt, he is in the worst form of his career. But he was so good on that loan spell, and has had an injury plagued year. I still have hope.

Back to the real world, with money. He should be sold, hoping to break even. There is nothing he has shown all year why he deserves to be the club's top earner. With Ade's departure, We can afford to give Bale a new contract, provided Real does seriously come after him. With Ade's wages off the books, we can afford to bring in a top class striker. (for me, top choice is Higuain)

I agree with the point on Parker. He had a poor game, outside of the assist. We all want Sandro back, but he isn't coming backs soon.

Parker has been playing (from his first start of this campaign) a little under 2 months. He had serious surgery, and is still regaining his form. I have confidence he will regain it. Parker has to regain his form in serious games. We don't have many options without Sandro. Parker will play, whether we like it or not. If he hasn't regained his form by the end of this campaign, then i understand the criticism. Right now, I think it is too early for any criticism.

With Parker's lack of form, i want to see Sigurdsson more. Dembele and Holtby playing along side each other, with Sigurdsson playing behind the striker. I think that formation and Dembele and Parker with Holtby behind the striker should be alternated.

Agree with most of that except I believe we should go for lewandoski or however you spell it

Back
Top Bottom