West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really interested to see what Ange does here. He's got some food for thought after the last couple of matches.

Deki starting on wing again, or centrally, or on bench?
Start BJ or keep as super sub?
Start Bissouma or Bentancur? (Sarr should be a no brainer)

I personally would like to see a BJ/Richarlison/Son front line for this one. I also think Maddison out wide could be interesting, with maybe Deki in the middle, or Sarr/Benta/Biss. But I don't think Ange is interested in losing Madders creativity in the middle, especially while we have a surplus of true wingers.

I get why some of you call for Hojbjerg or Skipp but I just think the dropoff in quality/style is too great. Gotta have our best players out there.

Brennan has to start tbh

Werner Son Brennan

That’s the front 3 for the run in imo. Fits Ange ball the best.

I’d go with

Sarr Bentancur GLC

The best our MF looked all year was first half vs Villa at home and Benta/GLC just click together. Sarr is the perfect foil to those 2 imo

Woolwich won this fixture 6-0.

They are a bang average team.

If we have aspirations of making the CL, we need to be winning this comfortably.
Tottenham never does anything comfortably.
If we win, chances are that, we will be hanging on by the final whistle, or we just don't turn up and get flattened like Fulham did to us.
Highly doubtful that, the team will see this out with a degree of comfort, it's not the Tottenham way.

I just love how pessimistic we are as a fan base whether that’s before a game or during it. 😡

We will win 2-0.

The home game was like Villa at home. We smashed them off the park but didn't execute the last pass or finish.

This will be like the Villa away game. A couple slightly scary moments in the first 15mins, then we control the rest of the first half and smash them in the second half.

They looked defensively dodgy but they still scored three goals. Play like we did at Villa and we will win. Play like we did at Fulham and we’ll get a good hiding.
Really need to nullify Bowen and kudus.And stop playing in fits and starts,there are to many times we start games and our players look way to casual.

Controversially I would play Maddison off the left with GLC in the Maddison role. Suspect they’ll play deep with a view to hitting us on break so this introduces a bit more craft in to our game at the expense of Werner’s pace.

Controversially I would play Maddison off the left with GLC in the Maddison role. Suspect they’ll play deep with a view to hitting us on break so this introduces a bit more craft in to our game at the expense of Werner’s pace.
Werner deserves to start before Deki so even move him there. Johnson does too but has a big impact coming on. I’d like to see madders there too. A different option for their full back to deal with and with Udogie bombing forward it’s something I’d like to see. Having Madders and Lo Celso gives us more guile on the pitch.

I'd go with this...need PEH to show Paqueta who the daddy is, Sarr & Gio will help the FB out defensively, BJ & Mads usually do their bit too. Mads at LW will trouble them.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VdV
Udogie
Hojbjerg
Sarr
Gio
Brennan
Son
Maddison
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VdV Udogie
Hojbjerg
Sarr Gio
Brennan Son Maddison
[/lineup]

Gotta say I'd also like to see the below before the season is out, but not sure WHAM away is the place to experiment.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VdV
Udogie
Kulu
Sarr
Maddison
Brennan
Son
Timo
lineup code