West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you look at the remaining games, this is the one that stands out as the differentiator between a 4th and 5th place finish. We shouldn't expect to win, but it is definitely winnable.

That, hopefully, should be enough to motivate the players to treat this as pivotal to our CL push.
Their cup final, our 'pivotal to CL push'. It's either going to be a boring cagey game like shitty-arse last night or end-to-end chaos with fouls flying in from everywhere. A draw isn't really good enough with our fixtures, but this is one of our tougher ones, for sure.

I reckon 3-2 to us. I rarely choose that score, so that's a sign! If we can get through it without injuries or suspensions, I'll be very happy.

This will be tough. One thing you can always count on from West Ham is that they raise their game against us - no matter how shit they are, they will always give us two extremely tough games every season.

This season they aren't even bad, just inconsistent. We will need to approach this like we did the Villa game. If we play like we did against Fulham we'll lose.

I said it a couple of weeks back that we cannot keep coming back from being a goal down and if the opposition score a 2nd we are fucked. That’s what happened at Fulham and we must start getting the 1st goal. I expect to see VDV, Richie and Johnson start.

Really need to nullify Bowen and kudus.And stop playing in fits and starts,there are to many times we start games and our players look way to casual.

I hope Ange has had a general word about our tracking back

Not good on Saturday especially for their goal

Sonny out for a Sunday morning jog!

0OpDFp1.jpeg

Austin, Emerson, Davies, Dragusin, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Lo Celso, Kulusevski, Richarlison

This will be tough. One thing you can always count on from West Ham is that they raise their game against us - no matter how shit they are, they will always give us two extremely tough games every season.

This season they aren't even bad, just inconsistent. We will need to approach this like we did the Villa game. If we play like we did against Fulham we'll lose.
Nah, I reckon they'll roll over like they did for the Arse....

....if COURSE I'm fucking joking!

They rolled over for the Arse probably just to spite US!

The one game I can’t have us losing.
They aren’t our rivals.
They like to think it but they’re not.
Don’t let them believe for 2 games a year that they are any more than shit on your shoes.
I get you. Will be watching in a pub full of the cunts. But the hilarious thing is that it means the world to them. It’s hopefully just another 3 points to us.

Last edited:
They aren’t our rivals.
They like to think it but they’re not.
Don’t let them believe for 2 games a year that they are any more than shit on your shoes.
I get you. Will be watching in a pub full of the cunts. But the hilarious thing is that it means the world to them. It’s hopefully just another 3 points to is.

I don't consider them rivals; but being surrounded by them (which you generally are in Essex) is a pain in the fucking arse.

Some silly hammer cnut that I work with calls this fixture our cup final, which really winds me up, but somehow I don't bite. I just hope we win, as I gave the salty twat some stick on Saturday, which wasn't well received. I just wish WHUFC would disappear into a black hole, never to be seen again, along with their made up rivalry, and fucking deluded wanker fans. God I hate them!

West Ham are in pretty turgid form, only having won TWICE this year. I get the impression that a lot of their players want to play attacking football on the front foot; but Moyes wants organized discipled no risk football; so their gameplans seem to fall short.

I expect them to sit back and allow us the keep the ball. They will defend deep so as not to allow any room for Son/Johnson to run into. They will lump long balls up the wing as often as possible, hoping to catch out our full backs and drag the CBs out of position.

They will man mark Son and Madisson.

Our best chances will probably come as a result of West Ham set pieces. Win the ball back quickly and send our runners on the break up the pitch b4 they have a chance to reshape.

Back
Top Bottom