West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kudus is great going forward if he has freedom to do what he wants. His positional discipline and concentration were the question marks that put us off apparaently. Tbh I really wanted us to sign him and still wish we had.

Bowen right now is playing. better than anyone except Son for us. I'd take Johnson long-term though.

Paqueta is box to box and very good. If we are saying he's a 10 and part of a front 4, Maddison is better for that role, Lo Celso when fit is as well.

Antonio?

If our front 4 for the game is:

Maddison

Johnson Son Werner

I'd take that every day of the week for the way we play, pressing and breaking with pace.

Lo Celso isn’t better than Paqueta at anything. I like Maddison a lot but he’s not better than him either right now. Bowen is obviously a lot better than Johnson is, maybe he will be better in a few years .. god knows.

Son is obviously a lot better than Antonio.

Lo Celso isn’t better than Paqueta at anything. I like Maddison a lot but he’s not better than him either right now. Bowen is obviously a lot better than Johnson is, maybe he will be better in a few years .. god knows.

Son is obviously a lot better than Antonio.

Son is better than Bowen

Johnson is 50/50 with Kudus

Maddison is a better 10 than Paqueta. Paqueta is a better 8 and in better form. Lo Celso and Paqueta as 8's, both fit and in form.... it's pretty close.

Antonio is what he is but would you really trade anyone we have for him?

For our system, I like our front 4 better.

Son is better than Bowen

Johnson is 50/50 with Kudus

Maddison is a better 10 than Paqueta. Paqueta is a better 8 and in better form. Lo Celso and Paqueta as 8's, both fit and in form.... it's pretty close.

Antonio is what he is but would you really trade anyone we have for him?

For our system, I like our front 4 better.

It’s really not. Lo Celso is a complete myth of a Premier League player, what have we actually seen to suggest this? Some Villareal games and matches for Argentina?

He’s done nothing again all season. Why he’s still getting any kind of hype from our fans I have no idea.

Based on what?

We have scored 20 odd more goals than them, our forwards have scored more than theirs, our forwards have won more games for us than theirs.

Bowen would make us better and Kudus and Paqueta are both very good players. Doesn't mean I'd trade their front 4 for ours to play the system we play.

They play Moyes ball with their backs against the wall constantly. We play front-foot football constantly. We also have far better full-backs, much better ball playing defenders and a more technical base in midfield.

Bowen over Kulu, Paqueta in at 10 at the moment and Kudus is a toss up. I don’t think they’re objectively better there but it’s comparable.

It’s really not. Lo Celso is a complete myth of a Premier League player, what have we actually seen to suggest this? Some Villareal games and matches for Argentina?

He’s done nothing again all season. Why he’s still getting any kind of hype from our fans I have no idea.

He scored a point winning goal against City and game winning assists against Bournemouth. He's helped us win points with his performances this season.

He's been injured a lot but when fit he's been excellent this year.

He scored a point winning goal against City and game winning assists against Bournemouth. He's helped us win points with his performances this season.

He's been injured a lot but when fit he's been excellent this year.

He’s a broken husk of a player, his default condition is injured. Nobody in the world should be taking him over Paqueta.

The fact your most recent example of a contribution was months and months ago says it all.

They play Moyes ball with their backs against the wall constantly. We play front-foot football constantly. We also have far better full-backs, much better ball playing defenders and a more technical base in midfield.

Bowen over Kulu, Paqueta in at 10 at the moment and Kudus is a toss up. I don’t think they’re objectively better there but it’s comparable.

It's definitely a comparable front 4. No question.

Always really liked what Kudus can do with the ball, Bowen is a machine and Paqueta was wanted by City for a reason.

I wouldn't trade them for our front 4 to play the type of football we play.

He’s a broken husk of a player, his default condition is injured. Nobody in the world should be taking him over Paqueta.

The fact your most recent example of a contribution was months and months ago says it all.

Never questioned his injury record, I just said, when fit and in form, which he currently is (for the next 10mins at least) he's as good as Paqueta at playing that 8 role.

If you offered me a swap in the summer I'd take it in a blink but we were talking about one game and we saw Lo Celso vs Luton as a player just as capable in a one-off game as Paqueta. He's class in the very limited minutes he plays.

Tuesday, it is on Postecoglou to a large extent, to ensure the right team starts the match, because if we cede ground early, if we look complacent, it's nearly impossible to recover from.

Bissouma is just too easy going and Hjojberg more likely to get under the skin alongside Sarr and Maddison, whoI needis a big performance to justify continued first team selection at the present time.

Tuesday, it is on Postecoglou to a large extent, to ensure the right team starts the match, because if we cede ground early, if we look complacent, it's nearly impossible to recover from.

Bissouma is just too easy going and Hjojberg more likely to get under the skin alongside Sarr and Maddison, whoI needis a big performance to justify continued first team selection at the present time.
Bissouma started the season in great form, but has dropped off the cliff.
Same could be said of maddison, although I don't think he has been the same since his return from injury.

--------------------Vicario--------------------
Porro------Romero----VdV--------Udogie
------------------Bissouma------------------
------------Bentancur---Sarr----------------
---Johnson---------------------Maddison--
----------------------Son----------------------

monty python spam GIF

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman said in "Full Metal Jacket": "There's no laughing here, there's no crying here, your ass is on my list!"

You Will Not Cry Full Metal Jacket GIF

That's what we should tell the bubble idiots - and, as "the Emperor" used to say: "Let's go out and play football!"

High Five Germany GIF by FIFA

We win!
Quitting tim

Peace Out Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom