Wearing replica shirts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love it when my 8 year old son wears his thirt when we are out and about. When you see a kid wearing a Manc, Woolwich or chelski shirt 3 things come to mind:
1, You haven't got a dad
2, Your dad is a cunt
3, You are a little sheep, and therefore a little cunt
Where as any child wearing a Tottenham shirt has been born in to righteousness and will enter though the golden gates of Bill Nicholson Way!

If you're over the age of 14, and you get a name and number on the back of your shirt you need to take a long, hard look at yourself. Wearing a replica shirt is bad enough let alone having your "hero" on the back, and paying an additional £20 for the pleasure. I always thought wearing a simple pin badge was the way.

what the fuck makes a pin badge anymore grown up than a shirt

I guess grown men shouldn't be wasting their time watching games either then seeing as they probably have grown up stuff to do lol and watching 22 geezers chase a little ball around whilst singing kiddie songs isn't very mature either ffs

This thread is pure entertainment , grown men arguing about who wears what on matchdays.
Its all simple really, wear what you want and sing up for the team. I own replica shirts and i'd wear one during the summer months or down the pub on a nice sunny holiday whilst watching spurs play. Chavy or not i dont give a shit i feel rather proud to be a yid abroad stumbling down on a hangover to find a sports bar showing our game.
The one thing that does fuck me off however, is all the danny dyer stone island hooligan try hards, who would be the first to dissapear if it really did kick off. Leave the pumped up rampant rabbit, green street bollox to the pikeys.

Looking down on what someone wears to a game yet you support the same team is a joke, its something i'd expect the misses to do on a night out and not from a fellow yid.

I just find fans who try to elevate themselves above others because of their smart Ralph polos and pin badges to be thunder cunts

this isn't english class either so you to elite super fans can do one

I wonder, do the elite elite wear replica football shirts to spectate at polo matches and sneer at those wearing polos?

Heres one with ample trees;

399575_429965430399398_2138671283_n.jpg

Good enough?... My point im trying to make is that Shirts isnt an Ultra thing its for football tourists and JCL's and being that this is 1882, it isnt for us. I'll always think someone is a moron if they wear one to an event.
When did you become the voice of 1882 :troll:

I've never understood what the big deal is with wearing a replica shirt, but then I am still quite young...

I got the home shirt for Christmas last year, and I bought the black one at the west brom game because I liked it. I just wear them like normal clothes. Definitely never hide it either. I feel fucking proud to wear it. I want people to know I'm Tottenham.

But if I ever got caught wearing the shorts as well, and I wasnt on a football pitch... I'd hope one of you would be kind enough to just put a bullet between my eyes.

This argument that by wearing a shirt you are showing who you "support" - I suppose chirping up once in a while when your sitting in the home end isnt enough.
Another argument that 1882 sing for the shirt but cant wear one is funny as well because we arent the ones on the pitch. Its winter soon anyway, so just wait for when the shirts over jumpers come out.

They are the extra special ones.

yeah, but gettn shitty drunk and coked up with alittle pin on your smart Ralph polo lol then going to sing songs whilst watching 22 geezers chase a little ball around makes you an elite manly sort of supporter lmao

but wearing a Tottenham shirt to a Tottenham match means you are some sort of idiot

people will say anything these days to try and make themselves feel special.....

Last edited:
Such snobbery from the 'no' camp.

Not sure why some people hate it so much. Does it make someone less of a fan if they wear one?

It seems that wearing a football shirt to a football match is a sign of your intellectual level, IQ and overall intelligence. Snorting a bunch of coke and getting pissy drunk though that is the stuff of legendary elite super fans.

Last edited:
i love the new third kit... i always get together with a few mates to wear it.

we go around changing people's tires, breaks, exhausts - sometimes they don't even need changing, but we do it any way to make money...;)

tottenham-hotspur-third-shirt-2012-13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom