Wearing replica shirts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see nothing wrong with wearing a Tottenham shirt to a match and think people who look down on others that do it are sad wankers tbh. It hurts no-one and is showing who you support, there's fuck all wrong with that. Now full kit wankers on the other hand are a whole other story lol

Flav was just sayn in the last podcast that he puts the players on a pedestal raising them up to were their massive dongs are slappin him across the face or sumthin like that but yet he won't wear a Spurs shirt to a Spurs match over some false sense of superiority over other Spurs fans what a complete thundercunt, the bloke obviously thinks he's special now that he's got a semi successful but still rather shit podcast were everyone sounds the same and knobs one another off for an hour. I bet Flav secretly kits up shirt, shorts, socks, shin pads and boots each night before he goes to bed the fuckn melter. The bloke needs to get a grip on reality and quit actn like some sort of demigod with his little 1882 movement. I'll tell ya what needs to happen at the next match when everyone takes their shoes off they should all shove them up his arse but then his hot air ballon of a head would probably just get in the way the billy big bollocks 24 carat CUNNTTTT!!!!!!

:troll:

If you're over the age of 14, and you get a name and number on the back of your shirt you need to take a long, hard look at yourself. Wearing a replica shirt is bad enough let alone having your "hero" on the back, and paying an additional £20 for the pleasure. I always thought wearing a simple pin badge was the way.

If you're over the age of 14, and you get a name and number on the back of your shirt you need to take a long, hard look at yourself. Wearing a replica shirt is bad enough let alone having your "hero" on the back, and paying an additional £20 for the pleasure. I always thought wearing a simple pin badge was the way.

what the fuck makes a pin badge anymore grown up than a shirt

I guess grown men shouldn't be wasting their time watching games either then seeing as they probably have grown up stuff to do lol and watching 22 geezers chase a little ball around whilst singing kiddie songs isn't very mature either ffs

I personally think that this

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Swansea-City-2221802.jpg

looks better than this

sports-football-epl-tottenham_10-28-2013_124173_l.jpg

Colours for me.

This argument that by wearing a shirt you are showing who you "support" - I suppose chirping up once in a while when your sitting in the home end isnt enough.
Another argument that 1882 sing for the shirt but cant wear one is funny as well because we arent the ones on the pitch. Its winter soon anyway, so just wait for when the shirts over jumpers come out.

They are the extra special ones.

So, people should wear short sleeved replica shirts all year around?
I just knew someone would say that.

Im saying I think it looks better, the argument was any time of year wearing a replica shirt/colours made you a mong.

I think that wearing colours makes the stadium look better.

This argument that by wearing a shirt you are showing who you "support" - I suppose chirping up once in a while when your sitting in the home end isnt enough.
Another argument that 1882 sing for the shirt but cant wear one is funny as well because we arent the ones on the pitch. Its winter soon anyway, so just wait for when the shirts over jumpers come out.

They are the extra special ones.

yeah, but gettn shitty drunk and coked up with alittle pin on your smart Ralph polo lol then going to sing songs whilst watching 22 geezers chase a little ball around makes you an elite manly sort of supporter lmao

but wearing a Tottenham shirt to a Tottenham match means you are some sort of idiot

people will say anything these days to try and make themselves feel special.....

Last edited:
I just knew someone would say that.

Im saying I think it looks better, the argument was any time of year wearing a replica shirt/colours made you a mong.

I think that wearing colours makes the stadium look better.
I couldn't give a shiny shite what the stadium looks like, people should wear shirts so those at home get to see a nice pretty stadium?

I'm being facetious and I already made my point on the first page. :bae:

yeah, but gettn shitty drunk and coked up with alittle pin on your smart Ralph shirt lol then going to sing songs whilst watching 22 geezers chase a little ball around makes you an elite manly sort of supporter lmao

Yeah pretty much.

By the way, please either eat a dictionary or smash it round your face because this is getting out of hand. I have to re read your posts too many times.

This debate is interesting to me, as in the US, it is the norm to wear the team shirt to football/american football/hockey matches.

In fact, if you don't wear the team's shirt, you may get a funny look from the other fans.

Seems to be the opposite for you fellas across the pond.

Personally i always buy a replica shirt each season out of some sense of (mis-guided?) loyalty but never wear them. They then proceed to stay in a drawer for a few years/decades. I used to have a tradition of wearing a shirt to one game a season (to get some use out of it LOL) but cant be arsed anymore.

That said, i have nothing against people wearing them on match days if they so desire. I have plenty of mates in the 35-50 age group that always wear them.

A pin badge? that's a bit hipster, whats wrong with a rosette?

I couldn't give a shiny shite what the stadium looks like, people should wear shirts so those at home get to see a nice pretty stadium?

I'm being facetious and I already made my point on the first page. :bae:
I knew you were just dicking about, but really, people should be able to wear what they like without fear of being judged by some self-appointed elitist football fans who seem to think that there are rules to supporting your club.

My comment was simply that it just looks better to me when you have fans wearing team colours, in your post you mentioned the old "if everyone looked the same" quote..... the second picture i posted sums that up.

Back
Top Bottom