Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing how Lamela has everyone crying "give him time" and this guy is berated.
Tottenhams-Vlad-Chiriches-014.jpg
images

I'd say it's case of mass man crush!!

Or just natural ability? At least Lamela has shown in the past that he has some type of ability. Chiriches has an error in him EVERY game. We all knew playing him at the weekend was a mistake and within 5 minutes he was trying to nutmeg players and giving the ball away, two silly yellow cards as well.

Or just natural ability? At least Lamela has shown in the past that he has some type of ability. Chiriches has an error in him EVERY game. We all knew playing him at the weekend was a mistake and within 5 minutes he was trying to nutmeg players and giving the ball away, two silly yellow cards as well.
no!,just a bad season ,he have a reasonable excuse, that he played very few matches in this season, and with that don't had time enough to be very implicated and make that tonus specific in his feet for a proper competition (just 7-8 matches in Premier League during a season,is almost zero ,a failed season,7-8 matches as starter from 38 is like nothing) ,also was his own fault that he don't try enough to impress his new manager in training sessions,to make him to play with him more matches as starter.

Why he played very well during Steaua era? because he played almost all matches almost 30 from 34 in a row during a season (in the romanian league as starter) + all the matches in the european competition + starter in every match for Romania (international matches) and obtained that big tonus in his muscles specific to be competent at high level as footballer in the pitch. (fans was with him always here,also teammates at the time,Steaua was a big family in 2012-2013 (board-fans-squad) catch attention of some important teams at the time,AC Milan,AS Roma and Spurs because of his very good season made for Steaua.

Chiriches - Spurs 2013-2014?
very determined in the beginning of the season (first half) 15 matches in a row as starter in Premier (Chiriches -Dawson partnership),AVB era, was choosen by the press-man of the match with Man.Utd 2-1 on Old Trafford stadium.
he gets injury at his back (spine) - 2 months out from the pitch (january-march 2014),after his comeback ,his evolutions wasn't at the same level like in the first half of the season.

after a promising first season,more expectations in the second season but...

Chiriches - Spurs 2014-2015?
-without morale,without fans to support him even he made some mistakes, in the beginning of the season (Spurs-Besiktas 1-1 for ex.),and without support from the manager to play with him much more matches than 7-8 games,and without friends in the squad (like i said his best friends from the squad was Sandro,Holtby and Dawson in the season 2013-2014,but they left the team,and without them he became isolated from the group in this year)

Believe me ,that when you are foreigner in another country,and if you don't make friends for a better integration, it's hard for you as foreigner to settle down properly ,also english lifestyle is a little different than in Romania,or if an english come here in Romania he need time to settle down properly...because every country,own citizens, in this world have own style to see the life...
(local traditions,mentality,people,understandings,friendships etc)

Wait, you mean that passing to the wrong team, losing the ball trying to nutmeg people and getting silly bookings are all bad things?

You must REALLY hate Lamela then.....

I can't believe the comparison and discussion is even happening. Then again, judging by some on here, I'm not all surprised.

I expected him to be a key player in this season after a promising start in 2013 for Spurs (in the first season of him here) ,and Vlad ended the second season for Spurs, buried in a deep hole,what a shame!,totally unexpected for me,exactly when i thought he will start to play as starter in this season...he's completely lost,even without desire to play for Spurs,definitely he should leave WHL to play for another team ,hopefully more lucky for him this time,if it's possible to not be a team from England,maybe in another country,because the "air" from UK don't suit him well.
I didn't expect this to be an easier season, for a simple reason: Poch didn't wanted him; he tried to sell him and brought in Fazio and Dier for the positions that he can play so for the beginning it was clear that hard times are ahead for him. He still decided to stay and fight for his place in the team ... what happened we all know.
Unfortunately I think he will not leave Tottenham, nobody will pay the kind of money Levy is asking especially after this bad season of his and I suspect he also doesn't want to leave London.
Things are not looking good for Vlad and Tottenham.

He really fucked me off when he put his hands to his ears after scoring against Burnley in the FA Cup. I would be more forgiving, if he was actually a good player - but he's not. He'll be gone in the summer.
So instead of being happy for the goal your team has scored you were busy being pissed off by the scorer ? I think the more appropriate thing would be to ask yourself what made him do that and only after given an answer to make a judgement.

@ Dan D, I know he's your fellow countryman so obviously you are going to have a natural biased opinion of the guy but he's fucking crap mate. He literally is a walking disaster at the back and has an error in his every single time the opposition attack. We are not just talking errors that normal football players make from time to time but errors that effectively cost the team games:

Gets himself sent off - check

Gives away penalties - check

Misplaced passes in dangerous areas - check

No positional sense - check

He is quiet possibly one of the worse signings we have ever made and we have signed some absolute fucking clowns down the years. I know its hard for you to comprehend mate but Vlad Chirichis is dogshit

Tottenhams-Vlad-Chiriches-014.jpg
images

I'd say it's case of mass man crush!!
Idk personally I have always felt Vlad wears his receding hairline with elegance. Also his fashion sense, as evinced by his t shirt emblazoned with the immortal phrase "what the hell", must surely win him the love and adulation of the adoring masses

I hate slagging players off, but hand on heart, I find him one of the worst players to wear a Spurs shirt in recent times - his game is full of gaffs and I honestly can't look whenever he is on the ball. That may be an extreme view but I can't see him coming back after Saturday's disaster.

@ Dan D, I know he's your fellow countryman so obviously you are going to have a natural biased opinion of the guy but he's fucking crap mate. He literally is a walking disaster at the back and has an error in his every single time the opposition attack. We are not just talking errors that normal football players make from time to time but errors that effectively cost the team games:

Gets himself sent off - check

Gives away penalties - check

Misplaced passes in dangerous areas - check

No positional sense - check

He is quiet possibly one of the worse signings we have ever made and we have signed some absolute fucking clowns down the years. I know its hard for you to comprehend mate but Vlad Chirichis is dogshit
The future will tell that where he is like valor,but i'm sure that english football is not for him,like i see ,back to the continental style for other team ,he may start to play well,was just a crap season for him ,unwanted in the beginning by Poch (Dier,Fazio transfers)...watch him for the national team preliminaries Euro 2016 where he has other team mates and other style of play overall like team,total different what he play for Spurs,i'm still confused why he don't have the same evolutions for Spurs like he did for Steaua and Romania,when he return to play for Spurs,he's another,like he forgot how to play properly...i think it's something mental ,he said in an interview some months ago ,that he don't feel desired by Poch,and he's a player of morale,so ,if he don't play regular ,he loose skills...so 7 matches until now in Premier League as starter is very few...disaster really.
i suggest to him to leave the team in this summer for his own good,another team ,maybe another perspective ,who knows...for a "reset" ,otherwise remaining here ,he will be an eternal player for the bench.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom