Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

don't forget he played just 7 matches in this season ,so don't try to make him first guilty man for these results of Spurs in this season ,because he was a reserve as option and he don't was considered a player in the first 11 in Poch vision...in 2 years he made just 1 red card...it's ok considering that wasn't many red cards for him ,shit happens to full backs sometime like this previous match of him ,2 yellow cards = 1 red card

Lamela cost us 30 millions euro ,same as Soldado ,Chiriches with goods and bads cost just 9 million euro ...in my opinion other players was disasters.

don't forget he played just 7 matches in this season ,so don't try to make him first guilty man for these results of Spurs in this season ,because he was a reserve as option and he don't was considered a player in the first 11 in Poch vision...in 2 years he made just 1 red card...it's ok considering that wasn't many red cards for him ,shit happens to full backs sometime like this previous match of him ,2 yellow cards = 1 red card

Lamela cost us 30 millions euro ,same as Soldado ,Chiriches with goods and bads cost just 9 million euro ...in my opinion other players was disasters.

Please stick around when he's gone mate. I think he's been 4th choice behind Fazio, Dier and Vertonghen all season and I'd suggest with good reasons. Saturday was the final straw. Our defence need sorting out and he'll be out of the door I'm afraid.

@ Dan D, I know he's your fellow countryman so obviously you are going to have a natural biased opinion of the guy but he's fucking crap mate. He literally is a walking disaster at the back and has an error in his every single time the opposition attack. We are not just talking errors that normal football players make from time to time but errors that effectively cost the team games:

Gets himself sent off - check

Gives away penalties - check

Misplaced passes in dangerous areas - check

No positional sense - check

He is quiet possibly one of the worse signings we have ever made and we have signed some absolute fucking clowns down the years. I know its hard for you to comprehend mate but Vlad Chirichis is dogshit
Agree 100% and I remember Ramon Vega!

People should remember the first few months of his Spurs career. I remember thinking we have our new CB partnership here in Verts and Chiriches. He looked assured on the ball, could play the pass forward and make a tackle - everything you want from a modern CB. Unfortunately that is clearly not the player we have now; low on confidence, unfit and almost guaranteed to make the wrong decision.

I am pretty sure he will be gone in the summer and i'm not that bothered by that, but "one of the worst players ever to wear a spurs shirt", you obviously never saw Gilberto play or Anthony Gardner or Tramezzani or Callum Davenport - and that's just defenders.

Never underestimate our club's ability to destroy a player only for them to rise like a phoenix from the flames once they are out the door (Boateng, Postiga). English football is unique and unforgiving and i'm pretty sure he will revive his career in Italy or similar.

Please stick around when he's gone mate. I think he's been 4th choice behind Fazio, Dier and Vertonghen all season and I'd suggest with good reasons. Saturday was the final straw. Our defence need sorting out and he'll be out of the door I'm afraid.
i have 21 years following Spurs until now (since 1994) ,you? how many years? i followed Spurs (from distance of course - tv,sport papers) ,in a time when Chiriches had 5 years old, i'm not here for him (especially) i was glad that when he signed for the club,thinking that he will make good things here,first season was OK ,this second season ,almost inexistent,this is the true,i admit this.

Players come and then go ,the life going on further with or without Chiriches playing for Spurs,.

People should remember the first few months of his Spurs career. I remember thinking we have our new CB partnership here in Verts and Chiriches. He looked assured on the ball, could play the pass forward and make a tackle - everything you want from a modern CB. Unfortunately that is clearly not the player we have now; low on confidence, unfit and almost guaranteed to make the wrong decision.

I am pretty sure he will be gone in the summer and i'm not that bothered by that, but "one of the worst players ever to wear a spurs shirt", you obviously never saw Gilberto play or Anthony Gardner or Tramezzani or Callum Davenport - and that's just defenders.

Never underestimate our club's ability to destroy a player only for them to rise like a phoenix from the flames once they are out the door (Boateng, Postiga). English football is unique and unforgiving and i'm pretty sure he will revive his career in Italy or similar.
he's better period for Spurs was when he played with Dawson as pairs in defence,clean sheets in some matches,Chiriches -MOTM (man utd 2-1 away),when Dawson left the team,start troubles,not chemistry between him and Kaboul,Dier or Fazio,they play like they hate each other ,when made passes between them,instead to play like friends...competition? yes, is a hard competitions between them to catch a place in the first 11,unfortunately without good results until now.

i have 21 years following Spurs until now (since 1994) ,you? how many years? i followed Spurs (from distance of course - tv,sport papers) ,in a time when Chiriches had 5 years old, i'm not here for him (especially) i was glad that when he signed for the club,thinking that he will make good things here,first season was OK ,this second season ,almost inexistent,this is the true,i admit this.

Players come and then go ,the life going on further with or without Chiriches playing for Spurs,.

Not doubting that pal. I did mean on the forum, seeing as you only joined around the same time as Vlad did. :ninja:

Hope you continue to post on the forum Dan
:adebaehug:

Not doubting that pal. I did mean on the forum, seeing as you only joined around the same time as Vlad did. :ninja:
because i don't know about forum until a sport paper from Romania made the link about Spurs,and i watched Spurs matches from many years (when i could and have my time free in the front of tv) cheering for Spurs,then i found this forum for make conversations and opinions with another Spurs fans from UK and from another countries i said to myself ,wow! i'm not alone (in Romania are few Spurs fans ,the majority here they support Manchester United,Liverpool and Woolwich) ,i don't know if in my city - Pitesti (Arges county) are another Spurs fans , i just see Man.Utd t-shirts and Woolwich,sometimes Liverpool ,i'm completely isolated :D

because i don't know about forum until a sport paper from Romania made the link about Spurs,and i watched Spurs matches from many years (when i could and have my time free in the front of tv) cheering for Spurs,then i found this forum for make conversations and opinions with another Spurs fans from UK and from another countries i said to myself ,wow! i'm not alone (in Romania are few Spurs fans ,the majority here they support Manchester United,Liverpool and Woolwich) ,i don't know if in my city - Pitesti (Arges county) are another Spurs fans , i just see Man.Utd t-shirts and Woolwich,sometimes Liverpool ,i'm completely isolated :D
Good for you Dan. That's the spirit. The players come & go, but the fans are always here.

Hope you continue to post on the forum Dan
:adebaehug:
if Vlad will leave the team in this summer,will be like a release of a pressure for me ,because some of Spurs fans think that i'm here just for Chiriches,definitely not! i want to him to be successful here on WHL,but now is not anymore available,pity for the first his season here (was one good for him-watch the stats overall ,Vlad and Eriksen was the best newcomers from 7 when they came in 2013.) this season he was considered a reserve by Poch,and he lowered the level of playing very much ,i don't know why ,if he will be happy in another place (another team) then he must go.

i'm very upset more about Gareth Bale departure in 2013 (He was supposed to be a symbol for Spurs,and to build a great team around him)

Levy,he had to do this in 2013:
: "Gareth ,what you want to be happy to play forever for Spurs until you will make retirement? (like Totti for Roma,Del Piero for Juve,or why not Gerrard for Liverpool ?)
Gareth : " i want more money,the biggest salary wage from the squad in every year!"
Levy : " OK, let's sign a new deal,for another at least 5 years (until 2018) and i will reject Real Madrid offer.

I forgot (if this news is still in attention of any other Spurs fan) to say that Chiriches is in Bucharest to be in the squad of the national team, (Dublin,13th June,Northern Ireland-Romania,Euro 2016 preliminaries) ,he received a call from Iordanescu (manager) to be present for this international official match... it's for the first time when the press said it's a big possible situation for Chiriches to start this game as...reserve,but until 13 June (11 days remaining) many things could happen.

I don't think we have better players than him in the National team. It is a bit disappointing that he doesn't play anymore as I think he could have made it into Spurs eleven, but to be honest the Romanian media was hyping him too much and the Romanian fans started following Spurs since he arrived which I don't really like because they think they're so big fans and will stop supporting after the player leaves.

seriously, how do we keep doing this to players? Vlad was supposed to be the Romanian Beckenbauer at one point... now he's being mentioned in the same breath as John Lacy and Ramon fucking Vega!!

Your from Romania, I have been to iasi a few times near the Moldova border. It's a different world to England, the mountains are amazing ear Transivania.

Shame it does look like Chiriches hasn't worked out, looked promising at the start of his career but is low on confidence and fitness.

Shame it does look like Chiriches hasn't worked out, looked promising at the start of his career but is low on confidence and fitness.

He's only been here, what 2 seasons...? took the club about 8 or so to realise Jon Obika & Simon Dawkins weren't worth persisting with!
#givehimtime

Back
Top Bottom