Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad Chiriches played all 90 minutes in today's victory over Faroe Islands (1-0),much more Vlad made a crucial intervention in the second half ,when their striker escape almost alone ,one on one with our GK,but Vlad came from behind and with a tackle save the dangerous situation right in time...i never saw in my life a weak playing of Romania like today ,where was almost to be a draw in the last minute ,but our GK from Premier League,Pantilimon (Sunderland) save the danger ,so instead 1-1 ,was just 1-0 in the end ,was 3 points won ,but very bad play made by our players... yeah,right! ,Faroe won in Greece,in Athens with 1-0! but this is not an excuse, to make a chess with our team in our pitch,so shame ,ohhh was so awful!:pochfacepalm::walkercry:

thanks to Vlad and Pantilimon for saving our ass from a big surprise

Last edited:
he played overall OK,starting as left centre back,then after Walker got injury,he goes as right back i nthe second half,the team don't concede a goal,0-0 but unfortunately the middle part don't made a good display,especially with Paulinho losing many balls and don't produce offensive actions and Kane ,at his first captaincy for Spurs was isolated in front,with few balls to make something dangerous in their box.

Relatively good game for Vlad, I was disappointed that he didn't make his forward runs as usual, probably was told not to... that's bad from Poch - he under uses Vlad's skills... but at least some people would see him like a proper CB this way, hmm
Second half tossed to RB, if only that cross would have got in front of the goal; anyway he's not a RB just a solution for emergency cases.
Maybe this game makes MP give him more time as CB :kaneear:

I still felt verrrry nervous whenever he was on the ball today.

He may, one day, turn out to actually be an pretty alright defender, but for the moment, I'd honestly would feel more confident with bidding him farewell, and then going hard to get someone like Alderwield.

I think he is a good defender and i rather we stick with him and spend money on a actually top quality player if we can. We cannot afford to buy a new squad and vlad is the least of our problems imo. Decent cb with potential who can deputize at rb? Compare him to kaboul whose career is finished

Vlad, well done v Burnley. It was only Burnley but at least we got you to work for some wages today. Played ok, not fantastic but shows flexibility in being able to play right back.
Perhaps he will start at RB vs Villa as Walker is a. sh*t and b. unable to play as injured.
Yes he unable to play - i know but he is quick with feet just not the head.

Back
Top Bottom