TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First off. Sincere condolences to Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb for your loss. It shows the power of this stupid game that even in this darkest of times you can seek a small amount of joy in the result.

On to the match. I watched it 'as live' this morning as was out and about yesterday. Before watching I saw a missed call on my phone from my pal who goes to the games and a Facebook message from a Newcastle fan I know which I tried not to read. Genuinely made me fear the worst as people only tend to contact me if we've lost.

First half was so so frustrating watching us play well but come up against a team with everyone behind the ball. They obviously saw what Leicester did and tried to emulate it. Forgetting the crucial part about actually having good players who can start and finish counter attacks at lightning speed. Soon as we went 1-0 I started feeling very pessimistic. Surely this was going to a frustrating 1-0 or 1-1. The fact we responded immediately was the most crucial part of the game. I think it convinced the players their goal was just an irritating blip and gave them the confidence to keep going.

2nd half. Absolutely no idea why BFS changed to 3 at the back. Players looked confused. No one knew how to track or fullbacks and, the one counter attacke from them early in the first half apart, we played some sexy stuff. What I continue to love a four this poch side is how they treat each defeat as a small setback and continue to pursue the kind of football they want to play. 4 more goals. Best goal difference again. Hoping we can now finally dispatch Leicester out of the cup and take yesterday's form to palace, who seem to be struggling a little bit since the new year.

Can't believe a win won't even get us at the 40 mark yet. We're losing ground. Nothing less then a win against this shower of shit is acceptable. We kick off early so good chance to put pressure on not just those above us but those below us too.

Get Dembele in the front four too. Drop Alli back down into central midfield please, where he excels.

What a fucking embarrasment of a half. Leicester have read the book on Tottenham and found the blueprint on how to come to WHL and stump the fuck out of us. Sunderland have one of the worst back fours in the Prem and they are playing with 2 front men and yet even when they put 10 behind the ball we have fucking NO IDEA how to break through.

How is it that when this EXACT same gameplan has been adopted by Leicester twice in the last fucking week we haven't concocted some sort of gameplan on how to break the 10 down? We just pass it up to the edge of the box and then look at each other like a bunch of mongs.

Eriksen has been woeful up until the last 5 mins and this is the kind of game he should be dominating with everyone in front of him.

Totally out of ideas and its frustrating the fuck out of me. Thank god for Cattermole's shitness.

+20 GD.
ezgif-save-537f43be512da.gif
If I could funny and like, I would.

Lovely to get our match out of the way quick and not have to play catch up this weekend.

Whatever the outcome of the other fixtures, at least we have a good result and didn't let the Leicester result turn into the start of a slump.

Just got back. Great result, terrible atmosphere, I mean truly awful. We played well against Leicester (just a bit unlucky) and we played well today. Special mention for Kane, Dembele and Rose.

Expecting a big performance after the Leicester loss. Didn't deserve to lose, played well but just didn't take our chances.

This hate for Carroll is a bit unfair. He's played well in the two games against Leicester, people are just using him as a scapegoat for their anger.

Saying that, I'd bring Dembele back into the line up. Our best peformances this year have come when Dembele is playing. Especially against a Sunderland team who play rough, and play Allardyce long ball (which worries me as our defence can't handle the long ball) Dembele always gives you the option and can turn 4 players with one touch.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Verts, Davies, Dier, Enfield Iniesta, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

When we lost to Newcastle the team responded very well in the next match. Hopefully they do the same this weekend.

Dembele HAS to start. He's the main part of our midfield.

why is everyone surprised we have a new belief? Nothing has changed we have great consistency we just came up against a great Leicester side who had our number thats all, no shame in it they have been excellent this season

Back
Top Bottom