TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first match thread of the season. Every cunt dropped points, 3 points to bounce us, still in the top 4, fuck you all, we always win on my match threads. Except that one time when we didn't.

16/01/15 - 12.45pm

:smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh::smesh:

Last edited:
Can't believe a win won't even get us at the 40 mark yet. We're losing ground. Nothing less then a win against this shower of shit is acceptable. We kick off early so good chance to put pressure on not just those above us but those below us too.

Get Dembele in the front four too. Drop Alli back down into central midfield please, where he excels.

I'm not a Carroll hater but get him off the pitch ffs. Not placing the full blame on him but we've failed to put in a full game performance once he's started. And wtf is Poch always thinking waiting so long to bring him off?

Dembele next to Dier, same front 3 behind Kane. If Eriksen fails to perform in this match ,bench him for the next match. He's been mediocre.

Expecting a big performance after the Leicester loss. Didn't deserve to lose, played well but just didn't take our chances.

This hate for Carroll is a bit unfair. He's played well in the two games against Leicester, people are just using him as a scapegoat for their anger.

Saying that, I'd bring Dembele back into the line up. Our best peformances this year have come when Dembele is playing. Especially against a Sunderland team who play rough, and play Allardyce long ball (which worries me as our defence can't handle the long ball) Dembele always gives you the option and can turn 4 players with one touch.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Verts, Davies, Dier, Enfield Iniesta, Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

---------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------
Walker-----------Alderweireld---Vertonghen-----------Rose
-------------------------------Dier--Dembele-----------------------
------Lamela---------------------Eriksen---------------Son------
-------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Dembele, Onomah, Kane][/formation]

I'd drop Walker because of his knack of making these stupid mistakes. It's been going on too long.

We all know Eriksen is capable of so much more we've seen in recent weeks, but I'd drop him too. Too bad there aren't any in form replacements for him. I'd be tempted to give Onomah a start.

Well after last night, we've waived our right to "regroup, and go again" for the next game... "this is football, it happens"... not any more. Saturday is a fucking no excuses, no draws... IT'S MUST WIN.
I don't give a shit how we do it, Leicester managed to persuade Toby to inexplicably push Dier out of the way (or was it the other way around) to allow Huth only his second ever goal for Leicester (Spursy!)

As it is, Defoe will score, that we know... we've been here before. Simple fact of the matter is, we need to score more than they do. Simple.
No 'ifs' 'buts' or 'maybes'... if we're serious about Top 4 (fuck the title, that's ArseAnal's or Man City's to lose) then we need to beat the bottom teams at least, 'cos we've struggled with those before. Not another Newcastle. We need to be fucking ruthless. If us beating Sunderland sends them down eventually, then so what? they wouldn't give a Nun's cunt about us... Leicester were certainly only looking out for themselves.... and so they should!
No charity, no 'ex-players haunting us'... beat them, and beat them well... actually no, fuck that, just fucking beat them!
I don't want another sour faced Poch/Davies/Dier on saturday night saying that it's a long season, and these points dropped are part and parcel of football... (well, they are, but that's not the fucking point this morning, after last night!)

I wanna see us demolish the teams below us, and finally get what our performance deserves... we ran Everton ragged for 45mins and shoulda been out of sight by HT. same goes for last night... we need to be able to turn 45minutes into 90minutes, and they wouldn't have a prayer...
but as it is, we only seem capable of racking up the positive stats... 61% possession last night... that's ridiculously pointless when we don't have a least a goal or three to show for it.
Possession football is useless without the goals to justify it.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Alli, Lamela, Dembele, Onomah, Kane][/formation]

I'd drop Walker because of his knack of making these stupid mistakes. It's been going on too long.

We all know Eriksen is capable of so much more we've seen in recent weeks, but I'd drop him too. Too bad there aren't any in form replacements for him. I'd be tempted to give Onomah a start.
Only Chadli or Son to replace him with.

Eriksen made us tick yesterday though the middle. When he was subbed we moved the ball forward much slower. His form hasn't been that good lately but he still offers something when he is on the pitch. I wouldn't drop him.

I'm not a Carroll hater but get him off the pitch ffs. Not placing the full blame on him but we've failed to put in a full game performance once he's started. And wtf is Poch always thinking waiting so long to bring him off?

Dembele next to Dier, same front 3 behind Kane. If Eriksen fails to perform in this match ,bench him for the next match. He's been mediocre.
I think Carroll, when Dembele isn't fit, is our best option. We'll hopefully see a midfield of Alli and Dier with Dembele coming in for Caroll against Sunderland. I think Carroll's going to be a decent pl player, just not for us

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier - Alli
Lamela - Dembele - Eriksen
Kane
Get Rose back in to provide pace and width. Get Alli back where he belongs in central midfield alongside Dier which won them both England caps. Get Dembele back in the team, get Eriksen back on the left and get back to winning ways.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom