TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must have been round about this time last year when Sunderland signed Defoe and we had them in his first game. Can't remember if he played or not but funny how things work.

Very hard game to predict for me, I think it will be tight and for the third game in a row we will have to cope with a team playing shit football and parking the bus against us.

Must get our first win of the year here!

They will defend deep, look to win free kicks within 30 yards of our goal, lump it in and try and nick a goal from a set piece.

1-1. But wouldn't surprised at a 1-2 loss. We look completely out of ideas in the final 3rd of the pitch. No width or pace.
We are playing with a lot of width, too much IMO or at least not with any intelligence, as by 2nd half against Leicester that was about all we were doing, crossing to an invisible man over and over again. Agree about pace but pace isn't required to breakdown a 10 man defence camped on their penalty area as there is no room to use it.

Pickford
Jones - O'Shea - Brown - Aanholt
Cattermole - M'Vila
Johnson - - - - - - -- - - - - - Lens
Graham - Defoe
This shouldn't even be close. Who the fuck is Pickford? Brown at centre half? Lee fucking Cattermole? Danny Graham up top? Fuck me.

Hopefully we're taking it deadly seriously today... good to see a fuller strength midfield.

Is Walker injured?? Not on the bench either, and was hardly our worst player on Wednesday...

Pickford
Jones - O'Shea - Brown​
This shouldn't even be close. Who the fuck is Pickford? Brown at centre half? Lee fucking Cattermole? Danny Graham up top? Fuck me.
If he now has a worldie, I'm holding you directly responsible, before giving up on trusting football fate to ever be kind to us again!

Hopefully we're taking it deadly seriously today... good to see a fuller strength midfield.

Is Walker injured?? Not on the bench either, and was hardly our worst player on Wednesday...
Pochettino hasn't played the same fall backs in consecutive games when we've played previously <5 days prior so he seems to just be continuing in that vain - he probably feels that the bench he has picked this afternoon gives him more options.

Pickford
Jones - O'Shea - Brown - Aanholt
Cattermole - M'Vila
Johnson - - - - - - -- - - - - - Lens
Graham - Defoe
Pickford? Oh, he's the young goalie you've never heard of who will probably have a worldie of a début against us before fading into oblivion and ending up playing in League 1.

According to those on Twitter, Pickford has a monster of a goal kick, I'd say that would be some type of problem for us but they'd be aiming at Defoe.

Back
Top Bottom