TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back. Great result, terrible atmosphere, I mean truly awful. We played well against Leicester (just a bit unlucky) and we played well today. Special mention for Kane, Dembele and Rose.

Just 26 pages? Last one had over 50, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

Good game, could've been more goals, but we seem to love a 4-1. Alli didn't seem to be completely up for the game, the others were solid or very good. Spammers losing and United against Liverpool, looks like its going to be a good matchday for us.

I also think far too much criticism is aimed at our squad for not scoring enough goals. "If Kane doesn't score, where are the goals going to come from?". I think Kane's scored just 12 of our 37 league goals this season so we're not struggling for goals in other areas.

Worth noting that the stat still stands that Kane's goals (scored for us and his OG against Swansea) this season actually have us on one less point than if he'd scored none.

Good performance.

Dunno what was up with Eriksen in the first half, but he put it right in the second. Lamela, Kane, Dier decent. Quiet games generally for them.

Jan, Toby and Hugo their usual godly selves.

Onomah looked excellent in his cameo.

I was very impressed with Trippier today, so much so that I'd keep him there. And I love Kyle Walker. Worried he'd never realise his potential with us but he's looking settled and growing each game.
Makes a huge different when you have Dembele in the midfield pulling the strings. I thought Rose and Trippier were excellent. Tremendous wing back play from both. Dier solid as usual. Not the best games for Alli and Lamela. Kane’s forward play was superb. Held the ball up well and could have got a couple if it wasn’t for some excellent saves from their keeper.

Do you have a link?
Unfortunately not, it's when Alli and O'Shea were chasing the ball down in the corner, O'Shea got the ball with a tackle, Alli fell on top of him and when getting up, Alli punched him in the arm. No reaction or anything and wasn't spoken of.

Just got back. Great result, terrible atmosphere, I mean truly awful. We played well against Leicester (just a bit unlucky) and we played well today. Special mention for Kane, Dembele and Rose.

True the atmosphere was bad. I was up in block J today and that was so shit. Must remember to never stray from Park Lane

Unfortunately not, it's when Alli and O'Shea were chasing the ball down in the corner, O'Shea got the ball with a tackle, Alli fell on top of him and when getting up, Alli punched him in the arm. No reaction or anything and wasn't spoken of.
Yea, I spotted that. In fairness to O'Shea he didn't react at all.

The 2nd & 3rd goals showed how we need to score against defensive teams. We do not do it enough with accuracy. Both Dembele & Eriksen have the ability but sometimes take a pass too many and it breaks down. Lamela has the capability to score goals like that but must do it more. Kane certainly scores goals like that and is our best goal scorer.
Not sure why subs not brought on earlier.

Good win with much needed points.
I think the score was a bit misleading though. Thought we looked like crap the 1st half, with a lot of unforced errors. Hugo shouldn't have been beaten near post at that angle.
Eriksens goals were lucky, thought the first one was an OG.
On a positive side, I'm beginning to really like Trippier at RB. Dembele was a beast, and Carroll looks like a real asset.

3715970.jpg

Back
Top Bottom