TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely saw more standing and waiting to receive the ball. Also giving up too many very good chances. Hugo was only demi-godlike unfortunately.
All that said, not totally deflated here. We still showed good resilience. This just makes the other matches vs the top clubs a little more important. Spurs are still in the mix. I don't feel like this loss undoes the hard work v Woolwich.

Yes, we dictated play at Anfield, but the MF and BL were pretty careless all night, so really cant drop the "unlucky" card. Even Lloris allowed a goal that he saves 9x out of 10. I wouldn't say Spurs deserved to lose, but clearly weren't up to a 3 point performance.

Long time since I've been so angry watching Spurs. Credit for coming back twice, but that was a horror show overall. All the old mistakes were back.

Rose had a shocker, time for Davies to get another run

the central midfield was much better second half

I thought overall we did well and deserved something out the match

Just knowing I've got to go and face these plastic arrogant fucking cunts tomorrow, fuck sake. Hate their fans, really do.

When we're bringing on Paulinho and Soldado you know it's going to shit. Terrible players to bring into a game like this.

Subs all wrong today.

Manager at fault I'm afraid.

Or the person who signed a load of shit players that we had on the bench such as Paulinho? Stambouli must have picked up a knock otherwise he'd have been on the bench. Poch can only work with what he's given.

If Poch had any fault today it was not making a few changes to freshen it up from the start.

The main reason we lost though was simple individual errors. One or two I can deal with and can be expected, but Rose alone had 4 or 5.

The most annoying thing is that Liverpool are fucking shit and didn't even play well and we've gifted them 6 points this season. Gifted.

How do BT Sport manage to miss 50% of the key match events first time round?.........Always fucking filming cunts in the crowd or showing slow motion replays of something they will repeat 100 times in the post match bullshit

Ref has been awful but we were the creators of our own downfall, very exposed at times and giving the ball away cheaply in midfield.

I think there were points we weren't at the races but also showed character in getting back in to the game twice. The goals we let in were avoidable and we looked exposed when they ran at us, Ibe in particular.

Not a good day and we're already back down the table a little because of tonight, we just need to rest and regroup, it's just a shame to lose to that lot and no doubt listen to a load bollocks from Brendan Rodgers.

It's a timely reminder that we're not quite there yet, Anfield is a horrid place to go, we gave them much more of a battle than previous seasons but maybe it was tiredness or lack of concentration, we could not match the levels of weekend game but even then we still have some positives, thought Dembele was excellent again and Lamela later in the game looked decent and that shot of his was brilliant, unlucky not to score. Dier also grew in to the match from starting a bit erratically.

Tough game.

Bar our full backs we didn't play badly; just a damn shame momentary lapses in concentration cost us, Rose didn't impress me today.

Poor performance, bentaleb, mason and of course paulinho overwhelmed in the middle, rose was terrible nearly all game, thought Eriksen was also of the pace.

Happy with Dier, saved us a good few times, Dembele and lamela were pretty good and Kane gave his all. We have no depth though, after the first 11 we have little to bring on.

To be fair to the lads, I think Saturday took it out of them. Didn't look as sharp as we have done the past few games, and Saturdays gargantuan effort probably caused that. Still, we're by no means out of it, and we've got a good week and bit to rest to come back twice as strong.

Twice as strong?

You may have forgotten, but we have Europa league games coming up and we don't tend to win too many games after Thursday nights, petal. This was a huge chance to solidify top 4 before the shit storm of fixtures we have coming up.

As usual, we fuck up. I wouldn't mind, but all 3 goals were avoidable and we out-played them. Also, huge error from Poch to bring on Paulinho. I'd prefer running Mason into the fucking ground before bringing that useless twat on.

Fuck this, fuck everything. I just knew we were gonna fuck this up, so many people here were over-confident before this, but it was just fucking obvious we would Spurs this up like we always do. We got the exact same result when we went there 2 seasons ago after a big NLD win, and it was an infuriatingly cunty game then too. I hate that shithole of a club so much and having to watch us lose to them so many times in a row is fucking maddening.
We need to strengthen our squad, it was inevitable that we would be tired and lose concentration after such a big game just 3 days ago, we needed to rotate but the options just aren't there. We have to deal with the weakness at LB, but that's just one of many glaring holes in the squad.

Hate this shit so much.

Not nearly as sharp as we were on saturday.. too many loose balls, leaving far too much room for the wingers to run in to, all 3 goals came from sloppy play AND I still can't fathom what Paulinho does (or why he makes an appearance at all). Still, nearly getting a point when not playing particularly well is a pretty good indication of how far this team has come. Nine days' rest and we'll come back harder and stronger.

Yep, two of our worst performances of the season have come against this pathetic excuse of a team. I sincerely hope we get another chance to beat them in the Europa this season. We probably won't though because if they're this shit they stand no chance of getting past Besiktas.

I know the result was really disappointing and hurts but there has been a massive improvement to our performances against them last year or even earlier this season. All this is still a work in progress and obviously we're not going to win every match until the end of the season and I hate to say it but Anfield is a difficult place to go to. At least we didn't give up after going down three times, even if we didn't get anything out of the match in the end. Bring on Fiorentina!

Every god damn Pool fan I know is the same type of self righteous, arrogant, stupid, motherfucking cuntish, victimized self proclaimed saint about it.

Worst fucking defeat of the season FUCK.

Edit: Ran out of swears as I'm not British, should've been a longer and more aggressive post:dier:

Back
Top Bottom