Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have to come into this game nervous as hell. As others posted above, reckon they'll sit deep (we'll dominate possession) and every time they get the ball it'll be a race with Hazard on the counter. Tbh though, the way Jan and Toby are playing I'm not too worried.

Agree resting Walker and Rose was brilliant (especially as with hindsight we won anyway). For me the win or draw depends on Mousa - resting him for what will be a tough role was critical.

Question: would you rather Leicester get the win - assuming they wilt eventually anyway - or tie because that's more overall points lost above us so we go top faster? And I'm dead serious we WILL go top by end Jan, based on current form

They have to come into this game nervous as hell. As others posted above, reckon they'll sit deep (we'll dominate possession) and every time they get the ball it'll be a race with Hazard on the counter. Tbh though, the way Jan and Toby are playing I'm not too worried.

Agree resting Walker and Rose was brilliant (especially as with hindsight we won anyway). For me the win or draw depends on Mousa - resting him for what will be a tough role was critical.

Question: would you rather Leicester get the win - assuming they wilt eventually anyway - or tie because that's more overall points lost above us so we go top faster? And I'm dead serious we WILL go top by end Jan, based on current form
I want Leicester to win cause they deserve it and Utd only deserve to lose with how poor they've been lately. Plus Leicester will falter later in the season.

I've been saying exactly this - if we beat this lot on Sunday, and with our run of fixtures between now and the end of January, I really think we could go top by then - it will just depend on us not throwing silly points away. Hate saying this, but we could also do with going out of the FA Cup early doors - Prem, UEFA Cup (that's what it still is to me) and FA Cup will be too much to cope with in my opinion.

I personally don't think we'll win the league because I don't think we can keep up this fast paced pressing game for an entire season, but being up there with a chance excites me.

I've been saying exactly this - if we beat this lot on Sunday, and with our run of fixtures between now and the end of January, I really think we could go top by then - it will just depend on us not throwing silly points away. Hate saying this, but we could also do with going out of the FA Cup early doors - Prem, UEFA Cup (that's what it still is to me) and FA Cup will be too much to cope with in my opinion.

I personally don't think we'll win the league because I don't think we can keep up this fast paced pressing game for an entire season, but being up there with a chance excites me.
For sure going out of the league cup early was a blessing, but wish it hadn't been to woolwich.

Leicester win all the way for me. Even if they don't drop off, it's great to see them up there and if we can't win the league, I'd rather they did.

Cannot wait for this game. Football is cruel at the best of times and it's typical that with us on this form and Chelsea in theirs this season they will come and defeat us but something feels different. The way we dismantled a West Ham side, outplayed Woolwich, the professional performance of even yesterday has showed me a different side to us, I'm very optimistic.

when it comes to watching this game (for those of us without tickets)
how does the BT sport thing work?

can I watch individual games or do I have to sign up for both BT internet and the sports package?

is it viewable anywhere else on a pay as you go basis?

or am I stuck with a dodgy stream and MOTD2?

can I watch individual games or do I have to sign up for both BT internet and the sports package?

Google "Kodi"

Mobdro.apk for android devices.

My biggest fear is one of Willian's free kicks. Jan and Toby should be able to contain Costa. I think Hazard will be a threat, but with Dier and Walker making sure he's well covered I think we can contain him. It's us giving away a stupid foul in a dangerous place that I'm the most concerned about.

I'm gonna be cautious and predict 1 - 1

Which is a long way from a disaster. And the benefit here is that I will be delighted, DELIGHTED, to be wrong!

Even if we were to get beat, I still think we will finish top 4 and that Poch is 100% the man for us, long-term.

I honestly think he can be our Ferguson.

I'm gonna be cautious and predict 1 - 1

Which is a long way from a disaster. And the benefit here is that I will be delighted, DELIGHTED, to be wrong!

Even if we were to get beat, I still think we will finish top 4 and that Poch is 100% the man for us, long-term.

I honestly think he can be our Ferguson.
Agree its only one game and only 3 points. We need to be on our game and not let them influence the way the game goes. They will park the bus, argue every decision and look to influence the pace. Fingers crossed we turn them over and turn the screw even more into JM and the Chaves demise,
COYS....

Back
Top Bottom