Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to stand by my previous posts ,the long haul trip will hurt pur intensity ,fans need to step up and be counted for this one and make sure fortress whl is rocking

I have a similar concern about the long trip but we can put everything into this. No game next midweek so no excuses not to leave everything on the pitch.

Gonna be a nervy 90 minutes I think.

I imagine we'll see this:

Son - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier

Though I could also see Eriksen on the left and Dembele in the middle with Mason next to Dier. I'm actually really looking forward to how he sets up on Sunday.

4 AM kickoff out here, going to be a rough one.

I'd go with

:kaneear:
:eriksenlol::sonlol::lameladisgust:
:dembelewtf::dierno:

Lamela is out injured boys. Might be best if he sits out this one. He's no good to us limping around saying "it's just a flesh wound."

Son eriksen and probably dembele in behind kane. Mason and dier in the middle. This isn't the game to test out N'jie sadly. And I'd rather we player Carroll and onomah ahead of andros "moonshot" townsend.

Bad news that we're without both Lamela and Alli together, but I think our squad is strong enough to absorb it.

The lack of rest is a big concern to me. I think if we're gonna win this, we need to get it tied up before the hour mark before we tire. We dominated Woolwich for most of that game, but we looked ballonied for the last fifteen minutes, and we could have lost it in the end had that French piece of shit been on his game.

Rose and Walker being rested is good news so we should get some pace and width out of them for the full 90.

Pretty sure this will be the starting line up now :

Lloris

Walker Toby Vertonghen Rose

Dier Mason

Dembele Eriksen Son (in any order from left to right)

Kane

I'd say that's full strength apart from Alli being out. It's a coin toss to who is the better player between Lamela and Dembele on current form, so either is good.

Still think we're gonna get three points here.

Lamela is out injured boys. Might be best if he sits out this one. He's no good to us limping around saying "it's just a flesh wound."

Son eriksen and probably dembele in behind kane. Mason and dier in the middle. This isn't the game to test out N'jie sadly. And I'd rather we player Carroll and onomah ahead of andros "moonshot" townsend.
Depends how bad the injury is. Might be fit now, or even a few days ago as Poch might have been playing mind games with Jose? Big miss having him and Alli out at the same time if he is injured. If that were the case then yeah I'd go with your line up too. Clinton on the bench.

Actually the more I think of it, the more I think resting Rose and Walker could be a master stroke by Poch.

If we're playing a high line, they'll try and hit us on the break and their fitness would really come into it towards the end. Fucking genius if that's Poch's thinking.

If Lamela is injured then the Moose has to step up which did last time!

It wouldn't have hurt To have played this one on Mon nite ffs!

Bad news that we're without both Lamela and Alli together, but I think our squad is strong enough to absorb it.

The lack of rest is a big concern to me. I think if we're gonna win this, we need to get it tied up before the hour mark before we tire. We dominated Woolwich for most of that game, but we looked ballonied for the last fifteen minutes, and we could have lost it in the end had that French piece of shit been on his game.

Rose and Walker being rested is good news so we should get some pace and width out of them for the full 90.

Pretty sure this will be the starting line up now :

Lloris

Walker Toby Vertonghen Rose

Dier Mason

Dembele Eriksen Son (in any order from left to right)

Kane

I'd say that's full strength apart from Alli being out. It's a coin toss to who is the better player between Lamela and Dembele on current form, so either is good.

Still think we're gonna get three points here.

Agree with most of that Stu but it's those cunts who will tire 1st IMO!

If Lamela is injured then the Moose has to step up which did last time!

It wouldn't have hurt To have played this one on Mon nite ffs!

I'm fine with the timing of it tbh. Sure we could have had more rest. But the momentum we have built will steamroller through Chelsea. Our players are all in great form and confidence is huge. Contrast that with Chelsea and I think we have a great chance. Hell. I reckon we'd still win if it was a 13:00 kick off tomorrow.

I think anyone who says they know which Chelsea will turn up must have a crystal ball. They've been so inconsistent this season.

If the Chelsea that lost twice to Stoke (OK once on penalties) show up, we'll "smesh 'em" (that's the phrase, right? :thumbup:)

But if it's the Chelsea that beat Kiev and scored 4 in Israel, it'll be tight.

At least we know that the Spurs that turn up are pretty much guaranteed to be ultra-competitive this year! All hail Poch!

:pochsmirk:

It's very satisfying to know that Mourinho's plan will be to survive this encounter, rather than to stroll into "3-points lane". Fo' sho' he's going to set his team up to smother the game, keep us quiet, and try to snatch a cheeky goal on the counter. If they score first you can bet he'll be parking the bus across Begovic's goal.

My feeling is, even if we come away from this with a draw, the fact that Mourinho's Chelsea are afraid of us will make it more palatable. It's a good sign of how much the team's progressed, even since the glorious 5-3 mauling on New Year's day.

I think anyone who says they know which Chelsea will turn up must have a crystal ball. They've been so inconsistent this season.

If the Chelsea that lost twice to Stoke (OK once on penalties) show up, we'll "smesh 'em" (that's the phrase, right? :thumbup:)

But if it's the Chelsea that beat Kiev and scored 4 in Israel, it'll be tight.

At least we know that the Spurs that turn up are pretty much guaranteed to be ultra-competitive this year! All hail Poch!

:pochsmirk:

I'm not sure I agree. Did you watch their Israel game? They really were not convincing at all even against ten men. It seems to me that they've been consistent this season. Consistently poor, to mediocre. I see no reason why that should change. Their only hope is to put ten men behind the ball and try to catch us on the counter and with set pieces, particularly the latter as that's where most of their goals have come from of late. I expect them to do this and if we don't then take our chances early then yes, it could be tight, but I don't expect them to come and play football against us. They haven't had a single convincing performance the whole season so far as I can recall, and they're going to need such a performance to beat us. I don't see where that could materialize from.

I'll confess to having only watched the highlights, but they looked pretty good on those highlights to me, certainly going forwards.

But I take your point: "inconsistent" is possibly too kind a word to use for them. They've shown occasional flashes of Chelski past, but have been overall rather poor.

Back
Top Bottom