Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I sence a storm coming up on Sunday

Hurri_Kane.png

The manager of my hotel here in Cyprus is a plastic chav from Battersea so there's plenty of banter!

The bastard put on hotel tv the 6-1 loss in 97 earlier today for my benefit!

Please please Poch win this ffs!

I'm here for 3 weeks on my own and couldn't stand it if we lost!

:carrollwtf:

The manager of my hotel here in Cyprus is a plastic chav from Battersea so there's plenty of banter!

The bastard put on hotel tv the 6-1 loss in 97 earlier today for my benefit!

Please please Poch win this ffs!

I'm here for 3 weeks on my own and couldn't stand it if we lost!

:carrollwtf:

:dierpochhug:

Will be interesting what he does with the squad now. Surely must be tomorrow off then a light session on Saturday pm.

Anything more than that would be absolute suicide.

He said something along those lines a few days back. Give the players Friday off and then a short session on Saturday. They also thought about spending the night in Qarabaq but opted against it (thankfully).

I agree. I'd be disappointed to think we weren't aiming to win the league. We may not have the depth that others have, but if we aim for it and fall short then we're more than likely going to finish within the top 4. If we only aim for 4th then fall short it is another Europa League trip next season, which of course isn't terrible but I think we're more than capable of finishing in the top 4.

Question for you all..

Would you rather finish 3rd-4th and go out of the EL.
Finish 5-6th but win the EL.

I know you get CL if you win the EL.

Depends. If 3rd/4th, as is most likely, means finishing way of the top, then I'd take the EL win. If we finish 3rd/4th and do so ending up, say 5 points of the champions, I'd take that all day long. I think running it close in the PL will add more self-belief to this young squad than an EL trophy and it'll get more recognition (and thus increase our chances of signing the right players more).

I expect, whatever line-up JM picks, he'll deploy the same tactic as the League Cup final. He'll aim to shut down Christian Eriksen and double mark Harry Kane. Attacking wise, he'll be banking on his side making the most of the chances they create.

If this happens then it means that performances from Dembele and Son will be vital (and Lamella if he plays) to get our attack to open Chelsea (scum) up. We'll need a big game from our guys at the back as well. Chelsea (scum ... fucking scum) are on the turn back to form now, so we can't expect the sort of lackluster performance they showed up against Palace, West Ham

Good shout about Kane and Eriksen. As you may or may not be implying with your Dembele, Son, Lamela comment, then Son, Lamela, Dembele (and Dier) is about a million times more appealing than Chadli, Townsend, Mason (and Bentaleb) who started the LC final. And Mourinho might just be thinking that too. I suspect you're right, but I also suspect, there's a more than decent chance, Mourinho will regret it.

Fuck me lads, win this and this season will rise to a new scale. I don't think it will be the comfortable win some here are talking of. Mourinho will kill the game and would take the draw. It's what he does best.

Come on Kane and co. Lead us into battle :bentalebscream:

Good shout about Kane and Eriksen. As you may or may not be implying with your Dembele, Son, Lamela comment, then Son, Lamela, Dembele (and Dier) is about a million times more appealing than Chadli, Townsend, Mason (and Bentaleb) who started the LC final. And Mourinho might just be thinking that too. I suspect you're right, but I also suspect, there's a more than decent chance, Mourinho will regret it.

We'll find out soon enough.

COYS

I imagine we'll see this:

Son - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier

Though I could also see Eriksen on the left and Dembele in the middle with Mason next to Dier. I'm actually really looking forward to how he sets up on Sunday.

4 AM kickoff out here, going to be a rough one.

I imagine we'll see this:

Son - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier

Though I could also see Eriksen on the left and Dembele in the middle with Mason next to Dier. I'm actually really looking forward to how he sets up on Sunday.

4 AM kickoff out here, going to be a rough one.
I'm with Poch the scheduling on this one blows it is only 7am on the east coast of North America but the last night of good college football is the night before and the Patriots play at 8pm that night. The schedule stinks but like you I look forward to seeing what he does and I don't trust the way people lay out the formations on these graphics that they put up here. The last three games he has played they have listed Alli as playing next to Dier and he has been closer to Kane during most of the open play. I hope you have the right line up in the midfield but really question if Mason in the back is the best option if Lamela can't play. I kind of would like to see Mason play between Son and Eriksen and Dembele next to Dier because I think that is a good partnership to boss a soft and slow Chelsea midfield.

Weird feeling going into this one. Almost treating Chelsea as a relegation fodder side and would be disappointed in anything but win. Plus, I really don't want for them to get 3 pts and start a run and get back into the thick of things. We could really take a huge step in cutting their chances with a win.

I can't wait to queue up to get into the ground on Sunday, lets queue up in large numbers outside WHL and make ourselves an easy target eh Tottenham. Lets queue up and then not get searched, lets queue up and watch people jumping the queue, lets queue up and get instructions from a monosyllabic oaf, lets queue up and miss the kick off...again.

I shouldn't have to be turning up an hour before the game to guarantee getting into the ground in time for kick off, if the club are going to introduce more searches then they should provide more trained staff rather than the shower they had working the gates last Sunday.

Its been hard work getting into the ground this season since they introduced the new queue system, how about getting people to use all four of the available turnstiles rather than having 80% of people passing through just two.

Spurs turning something simple into a farce since 1882.

I can't wait to queue up to get into the ground on Sunday, lets queue up in large numbers outside WHL and make ourselves an easy target eh Tottenham. Lets queue up and then not get searched, lets queue up and watch people jumping the queue, lets queue up and get instructions from a monosyllabic oaf, lets queue up and miss the kick off...again.

I shouldn't have to be turning up an hour before the game to guarantee getting into the ground in time for kick off, if the club are going to introduce more searches then they should provide more trained staff rather than the shower they had working the gates last Sunday.

Its been hard work getting into the ground this season since they introduced the new queue system, how about getting people to use all four of the available turnstiles rather than having 80% of people passing through just two.

Spurs turning something simple into a farce since 1882.

Who shit in your cornflakes this morning?

:dembelewtf:

Back
Top Bottom