Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Terry went of on a stretcher tonight. And Ramires injured in training. The pitch was really bad.
Their defense is shit anyway without Terry they are in deep shit. Harry screwed Cahill something fierce on New Year's and without Ramires their defensive mids are not much better. The special one says it is very unlikely that Terry can play and won't comment on Ramires. I think we smash em either way but short two starters it could get ugly. Especially if Jan improves as much against Costa as he has against the rest of the league with Toby. We managed that tool pretty well last year and with Toby I think we get better.
The special one said that turf in Israel required his personal maintenance and was still trash which makes me wonder almost as much as our trip to Azerbywhatthefuck why these crapholes are in UEFA but that is not today's issue.

Might have to knock up my Missus again. Worked it out that the day she conceived would have been the 4-1 win over City, the day we found out was the 4-1 win over Wet Sham.

In all seriousness though, this will be a tough game whoever Maureen fields. Dier seems pretty good at winding up Costa and our defense is a lot more solidified than last season. If we can keep Fabregas, Hazard and Costa quiet then I'm confident. I never score predict though!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Son, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Tripper, Mason, Onomah, Njie

Their defense is shit anyway without Terry they are in deep shit. Harry screwed Cahill something fierce on New Year's and without Ramires their defensive mids are not much better. The special one says it is very unlikely that Terry can play and won't comment on Ramires. I think we smash em either way but short two starters it could get ugly. Especially if Jan improves as much against Costa as he has against the rest of the league with Toby. We managed that tool pretty well last year and with Toby I think we get better.
The special one said that turf in Israel required his personal maintenance and was still trash which makes me wonder almost as much as our trip to Azerbywhatthefuck why these crapholes are in UEFA but that is not today's issue.
Agree . Also apparently reported Costa had argument with ? at half time. I can only guess it was JM?

Terry out. These days I wonder if that's a good or bad thing. Zouma might do better against Kane.

I have expressed before about being worried about this game, its the kind of game JM will pull out all the stops to get a result (especially as things stand at the moment.) .Although the omens are good with their injuries and form, its still a one off which they will realish. I wanted JT to play and question his absence, as you have. It will be tough, I agree and will take every bit of effort. We have done well after EL so no reason to worry there, it just, its the Chaves. They love to spoil and beating us would give them a smugness beyond belief.

Could be 2nd on goal difference if Leicester beat Utd, if I remember correctly?

indeed we can, but that requires both Abu Dhabi and Woolwich to lose which won't happen. Im not thinking about us winning the league as quite frankly I don't think we will, but we should go for it definitely. My point being that in the long run Leicester are easier to catch, takeover and build a gap between than what you United are

indeed we can, but that requires both Abu Dhabi and Woolwich to lose which won't happen. Im not thinking about us winning the league as quite frankly I don't think we will, but we should go for it definitely. My point being that in the long run Leicester are easier to catch, takeover and build a gap between than what you United are

I agree. I'd be disappointed to think we weren't aiming to win the league. We may not have the depth that others have, but if we aim for it and fall short then we're more than likely going to finish within the top 4. If we only aim for 4th then fall short it is another Europa League trip next season, which of course isn't terrible but I think we're more than capable of finishing in the top 4.

Question for you all..

Would you rather finish 3rd-4th and go out of the EL.
Finish 5-6th but win the EL.

I know you get CL if you win the EL.

I agree. I'd be disappointed to think we weren't aiming to win the league. We may not have the depth that others have, but if we aim for it and fall short then we're more than likely going to finish within the top 4. If we only aim for 4th then fall short it is another Europa League trip next season, which of course isn't terrible but I think we're more than capable of finishing in the top 4.

Question for you all..

I would rather finish 10th and win the Europa League than finish 4th and get knocked out now. It's not even close. Imagine Hugo lifting that trophy.

Question for you all..

Win the Europa 'cause if Chelsea then miraculously won the CL and Woolwich finished fourth they wouldn't qualify!

But honestly I'd rather finish top three AND win the Europa.

Back
Top Bottom